Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/6/2001 3:56:33 PM EDT
Okay, I know I do not post many new topics but I am here a few hours out of everyday and have been for 3 years now.  I may not be correct on this but I do feel strong about this issue (else, I would not be on this board).

I read a few days ago that Emerson lead to the announment of the 2nd Amendment clearly does grant individuals the right to own a firearm.
Now, we see that the Anti-Rights LAWS (Brady/NICS) are really put in place to stop criminals from purchasing a firearem.  Yet, when these laws fail (Interuption: from Fox News individual in IN factory shooting "used a machinegun, officers say") the people who wrote the laws break them (both Rep and Dem).  Now, how in the world are we going to compete with that power.  The people are the government, hoarsesh_t.  Here we have a God given right being decided by a judge!  And mans' laws being broken by the same men that wrote them.  Hippocracy not a Republic or Democracy.  

Iso
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 4:11:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Those in government will only bring up the Constitution/Bill of Rights when it will benefit them personally i.e. votes, campaign dontations, public opinion, etc.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 4:16:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Remember, If your in AZ, defending the Constitution is a terrorist action.

[smoke]
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 4:41:10 PM EDT
[#3]
The politicans no longer see themselves as the representatives of the individual American but rather of some larger element "The People" which translates as "the government.  Police are no longer the thin blue line which defends citizens from the criminals but rather defends the corrupt politicians/government from the citizens.  Essentially, a Guestapo.
We are a long way from our roots and liberty is dying fast. The Constitution is chains upon the government to protect individual rights from corrupt officials.  No wonder politicians hate the Constitution.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top