Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/6/2001 3:04:34 PM EDT
Just on FOX, from the Ashcroft Senate hearings. One Senator stated that the FBI ran all the detained terrorists through the NICS data base and found that 30 had LEGALLY purchased GUNS! guess the order to delete the files didn't take.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 3:28:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Leave it to the media to tell conflicting stories...  I posted this early today:

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=75760[/url]
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 3:31:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Not true. Ashcroft told them he would not do that because it would be against the law the way it is written. The POS kept trying to get him to agree to do it. Like a terrorist would buy a gun at a legal outlet. Who do they tink they are kidding.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 3:35:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe I'm missing something....
What detained terrorists? There are a lot of foriegners in jail...600 and some change last count...no charges..no trials.
All the terrorists from the sept 11 actions are dead....
Oh.. and lest we forget ...they used box cutters.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 3:53:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Since we are "supposedly" so willing to bend the rules because of the current wartime situation, I wish John Ashcroft would order the FBI to arrest every Democratic Senator and Congressperson under suspicion of treason and subject them to these secret military tribunals!  After all, it's for the good of the country!
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 4:05:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't see a problem with the fbi checking the NICS records of non-citizens. If a few citizens get nailed, well that would be a beneficial side effect.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top