Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/6/2001 12:13:05 PM EDT
We have finaly relocated to North Canton Ohio and I was wondering where I could find out if Ohio is a class 3 state and what the gun laws are.

Thanx
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 12:57:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to the People's Republic of Ohio!  
Stay away from the big cities because they have their own ordinances that outlaw lots of different stuff.  Nothing that CAN ACCEPT more than 20 rounds in a magazine (except .22 rimfire) in the limits of Cleveland.  Bunch of other little stuff.  And no CCW.  One of the only exceptions to these laws are if you are a criminal that doesn't care what the rules are.
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 3:00:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info,
Do you know if and when there are any gun shows in the canton area?
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 3:08:10 PM EDT
[#3]
you bet we're a c-3 goodies state! and ccw is just around the corner.

32 round limit on rifle mags (go figure?)

gun show tomorrow in medina, about 50 minutes away from you. we are meeting at the coffee stand at 10am, if you're interested.

i lived in canton for 19 years. just moved back to the old hometown of minerva (30 minutes from n. canton.)

you need to join the tusco rifle club in new philedelphia. it has a dedicated machinegun range.

i'm taking 3-position smallbore lessons there, and several other ar15 members also belong to the club.

Link Posted: 12/7/2001 3:14:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 3:19:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Other than having no CCW (yet), Ohio is not a bad state at all for firearms hobbyists.

There's no
1.) Waiting periods
2.) Licensing or registration
3.) Purchase limits
4.) Permission from LEOs
5.) Magazine limitations (technically)

However, like holes45 said, there may be some municipalities that have their own slanted views on things.  Generally, those are places that most people wouldn't want to live in anyway.  Please, no flames.

Here's a gun show link:
[url]www.ohiogunshows.com[/url]

There are other shows around the state as well.

I'm not up on the class 3 stuff, but I have seen full-auto toys at some of the ranges that I've been to.
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 3:30:07 PM EDT
[#6]
What makes you guys think CCW is not far away?
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 4:05:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Got'em, BRING'EM.

As to the CCW, supposedly, a senator or somebody said if TAFT veto's bill, they have enough to overthrow the veto???

Stay away from inside the major city limits.

Bill Goodman Show in Dayton 12/8 + 12/9,"bring your buddy, tell a friend".
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 4:20:20 AM EDT
[#8]

Bill Goodman Show in Dayton 12/8 + 12/9,"bring your buddy, tell a friend".[/quote]

I'll be there with bells on.
[:)>]
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 5:04:04 AM EDT
[#9]
I will be at Dayton show Sunday morning.  We should set a time and place to get together, say 10:30 at Shurluck Marketing table?

Link Posted: 12/8/2001 5:08:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 5:37:11 AM EDT
[#11]
[img]http://www.haracomplex.com/haramap1.gif[/img]

From Interstate 75.....

Exit 58 (Needmore Road).

Travel west 3.5 miles on Needmore road (Wright Brothers Parkway).

As you travel, it will change names (Shoup Mill and then Turner Road). STAY ON IT!

Turn right onto Wolf Road and travel 0.3 miles north until it dead-ends into The Hara Complex.
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 6:04:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
[img]http://www.haracomplex.com/haramap1.gif[/img]

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think Turner Rd is connected from Salem (RT 49) and
Wolf Rd is it? Granted I work in Vandalia, but get that way once in a great while via 48 and Shiloh Springs Rd. I thought Turner ended with housing directly across the intersection. Also ask to keep traffic on 49/Salem from looking for Turner, when they actually should use Wolf if come from south, and use Shiloh Springs (at the mall) if come from the north off I-70/IN area.

AR15.com reunion sounds interseting at Hara on 12/9, I can be open to everybody's agreed time.
Will watch through the day for results.
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 10:18:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for all the info. Hopfully I will be able to make it to the gun show in Medina tommorow.
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 1:18:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think Turner Rd is connected from Salem (RT 49) and
Wolf Rd is it? Granted I work in Vandalia, but get that way once in a great while via 48 and Shiloh Springs Rd. I thought Turner ended with housing directly across the intersection. Also ask to keep traffic on 49/Salem from looking for Turner, when they actually should use Wolf if come from south, and use Shiloh Springs (at the mall) if come from the north off I-70/IN area.

AR15.com reunion sounds interseting at Hara on 12/9, I can be open to everybody's agreed time.
Will watch through the day for results.
View Quote

I just took the directions off the site. I remember having to make a right and there was an old abandoned concrete frame of a warehouse that was all grafitti'd out back in the field on the right before the light where you turn. I live in Cinci now so it's been a while.
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 1:25:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 1:31:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

there was an old abandoned concrete frame of a warehouse that was all grafitti'd out back in the field on the right before the light where you turn. I live in Cinci now so it's been a while.
View Quote

I think they tore that place down a long time ago.. There is an Ohio E-CHECK facility in the field ajacent to where that old building was.
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 1:50:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Welcome to Stark County. You missed the Show at the Medina County Fairgrounds today. They will be there again tomorrow. There is a show at the Summit county fair grounds often as well.
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 2:37:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Anybody have a link/know what the ordinances in Columbus are for handguns/rifles/"evil rifles?"
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 2:55:34 PM EDT
[#19]
And weren't Dayton's/Cleveland's/Cincinnati's/Columbus' assault rifle/high cap magazine ordinances ruled unconstitutional?  Or were they rewritten?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top