Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/5/2001 4:36:44 PM EDT
Any of you remember the tribal leader "Ootah" in the 70's classic "The Man Who Would Be King" (Movie with Sean Connery and Michael Caine)?

THAT'S HAMID KARZAI!

Get the video!  You'll understand exactly what I mean! [:P]

DaMan
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 5:34:34 PM EDT
[#1]
If he "keeps his head", he will be able to  expand his restaurants beyond Baltimore and the east coast!  [:P]

DaMan
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 5:42:32 PM EDT
[#2]
NPR did a thing on him today, I heard that about the east coast restaurants...
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 6:09:30 PM EDT
[#3]
satcong, you think Karzai will be able to "keep his head"?

I'll give him until April!  Any takers? [:P]

DaMan
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 6:11:53 PM EDT
[#4]
They said he is a very low key kind of guy who wasn't the type to go marching into Kabul as the heroic winner, yadda yadda.....but he is a Pashtun, right?
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 6:17:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
They said he is a very low key kind of guy who wasn't the type to go marching into Kabul as the heroic winner, yadda yadda.....but he is a Pashtun, right?
View Quote

Yep, Pashtun!

Also a "former" supporter of the Taliban!

Oh! And a HERO "wounded" by yesterday's misguided JDAM that killed the US SOF soldiers!

DaMan
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top