Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/5/2001 4:29:33 PM EDT
Today Bush announced the new chairmen of the RNC, the former Gov of Montanna Marc Racicot.  I posted a message asking for info on him but no one has replied yet.  So I did my own research.

From what I can tell, he is a moderate republican.  He vetoed a CCW bill.  He backed a Republican candidate for the Senate who attacked his fellow Republican cadidates for not being strong on the issue of gun contol.

If we have an anti-gun chairmen of the entire Republican party, I think we are pretty much screwed.

Does anyone have better information on this guy?
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 4:35:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 4:45:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Since the Democrat strategists are telling the Dem pols to backpedal on gun control, it doesn't make sense for the Repubs to get out in front of an issue that helped them win, and the Dems lose, the last election.
View Quote

it would if they dems/repubs are THE SAME FRIGGIN PEOPLE to begin with
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 4:47:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Politics don't work that, suddenly making huge changes.  They work over time.  So I don't expect to see them make gun control an issue.  Our rights are slowly being erroded.  The Senate is already full of a bunch of spineless anti-gun people.  Even when controlled by the Republicans they passed a major "common sense" gun control package.

But we have POS John McCain vowing to make the "gun show loophole" an issue starting in January.  Well with a moderate gun control advocate leading the GOP, do you think they will try to shut him up or try to elect more "moderate" republicans like John McCain.

If it's now OK for Republicans to be anti-gun, where are we going to be in a couple of years?  Can you image 2004, if GW Bush sells out the gun owners like his father and we don't vote for him, which in turns elects the Democrat and all the Republicans that are elected are "moderates" backed by the party and are anti-gun or neutral at best.  It's not a pretty picture.
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 4:56:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 5:02:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 5:12:45 PM EDT
[#6]
the republicans should just change there name to the "lesser of two evils party"
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 5:13:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 5:27:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Umm...have any of you considered that perhaps this guy has been appointed because he's good at raising money and getting people organized to get out the vote and that his views on gun control or ANY other issue were not relevant to the selection at all?
Or is that too reasonable for you?
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 5:35:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 5:42:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If they're the same, than do you think Bill Clinton is the same as, say, GW Bush?
View Quote

YES.

GW may have an "image" engineered and spun for him that conservative types can appreciate more, (except for that whole dui thing that everyone forgets about, but at least he didn't smoke a joint or get a hummer) But deep down inside they have the same goals, furthering their careers, lining their pockets and contributing to the good of the GOVERNMENT. Not the country, not the people, though they will pretend to be for the good of both country and especially the people in order to get support. A president should be for the good of the country and country only, the people need to make their own way, and the government needs to go on a serious diet.

GW has pissed on more [i]constitutional rights[/i] in the past 2 months that affect us all than clinton did in 8 years. There's more issues than guns, 94CB assault weapons ban? means DICK to me in terms of what I can and can't do, I need no flash hiders, I need no bayonets, I've got all the $15 pre-ban rifle mags I need, and I could truthfully have just as much fun with 10 round ones. Pistol mags, wellll..If I need a new glock mag and wanted a 13 round one, I could buy 5 10 round ones and a vest to carry them in for the same price, thats strange. Still doesn't mean that much to me as to how it affects me personally. It means everything to me in fact that freedoms were taken away from those who do appreciate such things, just as the "Patriot" act does to those who previously enjoyed [b]GUARANTEED[/b] privacy, 1st 4th and 5th ammendment protections. Probably a bit more than the SMALL percentage (myself included) of 80 million gun owners clinton pissed off, wouldn't ya say?

Having said that, I take back my yes and say, No...GW's worse.
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 5:56:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 5:57:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
the republicans should just change there name to the "lesser of two evils party"
View Quote

When in doubt - Vote Republican! [beer]
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 6:13:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
please remember that we are at war, and that the Act does have a sunset clause.  In the event of significant abuse, the Act can either be allowed to sunset, or be amended.
View Quote

Lets just change that a little and see how you feel.

Please remember that we are at war, a war on violent crime and that the 1994 assault weapon ban does have a sunset clause.  In the event of significant abuse, the Act can either be allowed to sunset, or be amended.

Now please tell me how many bills have actually not been renewed.
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 7:27:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Woo hoo! First Tom Ridge as Director of Homeland Security, now Marc Racicot for RNC chairman. I say go for the hat trick and put John McCain in as Director of the BATF! Go Bush Go!

Link Posted: 12/5/2001 7:31:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Montana was my home state and I still have some family up there.  I'll try and get some info.  Stay tuned.....SRM
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 7:33:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Woo hoo! First Tom Ridge as Director of Homeland Security, now Marc Racicot for RNC chairman. I say go for the hat trick and put John McCain in as Director of the BATF!
View Quote

Why not go for a Grand Slam and make Imbroglio Mental Health Czar?
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 7:40:33 PM EDT
[#17]
I am still praying for you.
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 7:41:08 PM EDT
[#18]
John McCain in as Director of the BATF!
View Quote

Imbroglio, you're scaring the children with such ideas.  Don't post such things.  It's for the children.z
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 7:59:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Does Cthulhu really listen to prayers?
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 8:11:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Does Cthulhu really listen to prayers?
View Quote

Yes, just don't say his name out loud. One of the Elder Ones might take offense, and you'll be subject to David Gerrold's copy protection scheme!
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 8:23:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Us people from Florida know exactly why Racicot was appointed. Anybody remember who other than the lawyers did the most to get Bush in Office during the Election Conflict. it was Racicot.

Racicot watched over the Democrats and was actually ejected after question "too many" bad calls by the Liberal Trash that runs Palm Beach and Broward.

There was actually talk that Racicot was a possible for Attorney General. The word was that the Libs went apeshit over the possiblity of Racicot being AG.

I don't know what CCW you are talking about, etc...but, from the laws of montana I would say it is a damned good state for gunowners. In addition to easy CCW for anyone over 18, they are one of the few states that has no law banning Full-Automatic M-16s or AK-47s.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 4:05:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Well, now that Bush has not let the FBI see the NICS records to see if the sept 11 terrorists are in there, it PROVES he is screwing gun owners. oh wait! well, the fact he has appointed a radical anti-RKBA as attorney general,... er, well he's just bad![>(]
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 4:52:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Umm...have any of you considered that perhaps this guy has been appointed because he's good at raising money and getting people organized to get out the vote and that his views on gun control or ANY other issue were not relevant to the selection at all?
Or is that too reasonable for you?
View Quote

If Bush just wanted a good fundraiser regardless of his political views he could have appointed Bill Clinton. [;)]
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 5:02:18 AM EDT
[#24]
No, I don't think he could have appointed Bill Clinton.

Quoted:
I don't know what CCW you are talking about, etc...but, from the laws of montana I would say it is a damned good state for gunowners. In addition to easy CCW for anyone over 18, they are one of the few states that has no law banning Full-Automatic M-16s or AK-47s.
View Quote

33 states have no law banning full auto.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 5:48:54 AM EDT
[#25]
I have voted Republican before and may vote Republican again as they are "the lesser of two evils" but my conscience only allows me to be a Libertarian. I don't trust Bush as far as I can throw his father who screwed all of us several times - with not even the common courtesy of a reach around. George W. seems better then George Sr. and is handling the situation with Afghanistan well - but he's not my hero - just a lot better then Klinton. His policies are still dangerous to civil liberties though and our Second Amendment Rights. I guess only time will tell how good or bad this presidency was. At least I feel a little bit more appreciated being in the military now then before.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top