Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2008 1:11:48 AM EDT
I am revamping my resume for a seasonal job for the fun of it.

which sounds better?

1. Genetically culinarily inclined
2. Genetic culinary inclination
3. Genetically culinary inclined

yes, its true, i can not screw things up in the kitchen.. my RARE bad cooking beats the crap out of some peoples best cooking...that is usually a result from experimentation.

Link Posted: 9/7/2008 1:17:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I was born with an extra chromosome consumed by culinary inclination.

How about that?
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 1:19:53 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I was born with an extra chromosome consumed by culinary inclination.

How about that?

nice, that is funny... extra 21st chromosome=downs, extra 6th chromosome=kitchen god

unfortunatly this is just in a "skills" section at the end of the page so it needs to be quick and to the point.
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 1:29:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Live feed from the food network connected directly to Cerebellum.
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 1:31:53 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Live feed from the food network connected directly to Cerebellum.

That aint too far off man.

All my resumes from the past(a long time ago) are for manufacturing engineering jobs, so I had to totally create a new one for the most part.  I have a real job so no biggie if i dont get it, but it would be cool!!

ya know, it would be smart to update your resume annually even if you are not going to quit, get fired, or other.. that way you dont have to do a hard drive search, and then a total revamping in the case of needing one.
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 1:38:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Honestly, None of them sound good.

I wouldn't use any of them, even as a joke.

If you are going for witty and lighthearted, maybe you could say something like: Born to Cook.  Or:  Live to cook, cook to live.  I don't know, but what you have so far is just....  ..weird.  

Link Posted: 9/7/2008 1:38:28 AM EDT
[#6]
The routine preparation of fine cuisine is hardwired into my DNA. I was born with a gift  that I long to share.
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 2:02:03 AM EDT
[#7]
"I am gay"  
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 2:07:49 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
"I am gay"  

no.. that would be "I am genetically wardrobular inclined"
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 2:10:50 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

If you are going for witty and lighthearted, maybe you could say something like: Born to Cook.  Or:  Live to cook, cook to live.  I don't know, but what you have so far is just....  ..weird.  

I agree. You could say you are very passionate about the finer details of demonstrating your culinary exploits. I would save this for the interview when they ask you about one of your weaknesses. Make it a weakness that sounds like a strength, but leave it out of the resume. Just list your employers, job title, and description. The point of the resume is to get you an interview and should be very brief. Not a lengthy embellishment about what you think of yourself. Good luck.
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 2:12:54 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

which sounds better?

yes, its true, i can not screw things up in the kitchen.. my RARE bad cooking beats the crap out of some peoples best cooking...that is usually a result from experimentation.

Sounds like you are cooking DNA in your kitchen to made Zombies.
Genetically predisposed to culinary competence
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 2:14:18 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree. You could say you are very passionate about the finer details of demonstrating your culinary exploits. I would save this for the interview when they ask you about one of your weaknesses. Make it a weakness that sounds like a strength, but leave it out of the resume. Just list your employers, job title, and description. The point of the resume is to get you an interview and should be very brief. Not a lengthy embellishment about what you think of yourself. Good luck.

I agree, so  the whole resume was straight up generic, but in the skills section I put at the very end, I did slip this in to the list of skills and knowlege.

Again, this is just for the fun of it job.. i have a real one.
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 2:23:23 AM EDT
[#12]
I hope this is for a job in a kitchen, because if your job requires writing you are screwed.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 2:25:54 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I hope this is for a job in a kitchen, because if your job requires writing you are screwed.  

no, selling kitchen wares at a high end kitchen store.

yeah, dont ask me to compose at 3am.. all my real writing was done way earlier with the aid of a spell checker and other wordprocessor goodies.
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 4:35:23 AM EDT
[#14]
In-depth, hands on experience with all types of cooking equipment.
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 4:44:42 AM EDT
[#15]
"I am the master of sammich making bitches!"
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 4:46:52 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

which sounds better?

How about this. It's been used before so it is OK:

"With culinary talent on loan from God...."
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 4:48:40 AM EDT
[#17]
A lot of people put statements like that in their resume without having anything factual to back it up.

Just put it in a personal interests section of the resume as a hobby if you have never performed in a professional or competitive capacity.
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 4:54:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Genetics and resume don't go together IMO
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 5:05:45 AM EDT
[#19]
#2 - as few y's as possible
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 6:05:44 AM EDT
[#20]
What's wrong with "excellent cook"?  "Genetic" anything sounds pretty silly, especially if you don't have a DNA sequence with specific genes called out....  
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 6:06:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Be simple.

"Natural cooking ability."

Using the word 'genetic' sounds dumb, to be honest.
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 6:09:54 AM EDT
[#22]
I am a very good cook.
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 6:13:50 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Be simple.

This seems to work well and convey the message.
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 6:18:53 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Be simple.

+1
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 2:46:12 PM EDT
[#25]
My cooking-fu is strong.

or

My rejects are still 5 star restraunt quality.

jd1
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 2:53:53 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Be simple.

Even though the recruiter might be a bunch of kludge it's not a good idea to remind him or her of their genetic inferiority......wait until the job is secured.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top