Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2008 6:20:21 PM EDT
They are talking about Sarah Palin right now.  You know that trick that a lot of shows use to make something seem sinister, by taking a black-and-white photo/video and zooming in or out while talking about the subject?  Well, they did that to pictures/videos of Sarah Palin while talking about the "troopergate."  They said that she was accused of ethics violations for firing a state trooper, and barely mentioned that the guy was accused of threatening a family member.  They did not mention at all that he threatened to kill her family and attacked family members and drove drunk.  All they had were negative comments.  I could only watch ten minutes of it before I had to turn it off.  Absolutely NOTHING positive.  ALL negative, except for a few short clip of an interview where a politician from Alaska said some generic good things about Palin.

I wonder when they'll have something like that for Biden or Obama.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 6:24:18 PM EDT
[#1]
cnn has been werain the trooper thing out for the last 2 days.they hope it will stick. it wont,CNN is scum left wing whores.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 6:25:58 PM EDT
[#2]
CNN is extremely biased and they are liars.  Why do you think that they got the name the Clinton News Network?  They covered up for Bill Clinton and they still do.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 6:26:01 PM EDT
[#3]
welcome to reality.......CNN sucks....

if you want news, come to Arfcom......at least you know we are biased...
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 6:27:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
They are talking about Sarah Palin right now.  You know that trick that a lot of shows use to make something seem sinister, by taking a black-and-white photo/video and zooming in or out while talking about the subject?  Well, they did that to pictures/videos of Sarah Palin while talking about the "troopergate."  They said that she was accused of ethics violations for firing a state trooper, and barely mentioned that the guy was accused of threatening a family member.  They did not mention at all that he threatened to kill her family and attacked family members and drove drunk.  All they had were negative comments.  I could only watch ten minutes of it before I had to turn it off.  Absolutely NOTHING positive.  ALL negative, except for a few short clip of an interview where a politician from Alaska said some generic good things about Palin.

No..since Bernie Shaw they have been very biased during elections. They cannot contain their excitement for the Dems. if it were'nt for FOX news they would have no balance in their reporting.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 6:27:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Please explain to the group why you even look at CNN. There may be a member who can recommend a shrink for you to visit.

Link Posted: 9/6/2008 6:28:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Realized it during Gustav, when every single channel was covering the situation in NOLA, CNN ran almost an hour straight about Sara Palins daughter.... who freakin cares?
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 6:28:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Man, wait until you get a load of CNN International.  It's not the the GOP they hate, it's the USA.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 6:28:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't have cable but I have noticed some stories definetly don't get reported for instance the flag/convention center deal --I saw it on fox but not on msnbc,cnn or cbs --may be on there now have'nt looked lately
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 6:29:09 PM EDT
[#9]
I have to say, I'm pretty happy with Fox News.  They really DO seem to be fair.  They're also doing a pretty good job of dispelling the rumors and false accusations.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 6:29:19 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I don't have cable but I have noticed some stories definetly don't get reported for instance the flag/convention center deal --I saw it on fox but not on msnbc,cnn or cbs --may be on there now have'nt looked lately

The lib networks will only cover those types of stories when they blow up big enough that they have to report them.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 6:30:14 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Please explain to the group why you even look at CNN. There may be a member who can recommend a shrink for you to visit.

I have a good excuse.  I'm stuck in an office for 12 hours every day, and pretty much the only thing to do is watch TV.  AFN (Armed Forces Network) only has one news channel, and they switch between various news stations, primarily CNN and Fox.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 6:31:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Most discerning folks have understood this for years, but I think this is the first election I've seen that the MSM has just completely given up on hiding their bias and just completely gone over for The Chosen One.  They don't even care any more because they've lost any viewership that really cares and now they're just preaching to their choir.  

It's not news, it's the DNC (CNN).
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 6:32:16 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

What about Lou Dobbs and Glen Beck?

I watch all of the networks just to get counter-intel. I can only take a few minutes before the nausea overtakes me though!
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 6:32:43 PM EDT
[#14]
CNN has been a leftist pile of shit since the 80s.

I used to watch headline news because they just didn't have enough time for "spin." They remedied that by abstaining from any actual news.

I mostly just read freerepublic and the occasional drudge link these days.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 6:32:51 PM EDT
[#15]
CNN- Communist News Network
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 6:34:14 PM EDT
[#16]
You seriously never realized until now?

You must be a youngster
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 6:35:45 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I have to say, I'm pretty happy with Fox News.  They really DO seem to be fair.  They're also doing a pretty good job of dispelling the rumors and false accusations.

Fox is nearly as biased as cnn.
They think the death penalty is getting off light for 1 gram of pot, though we've probably got members here who agree.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 6:36:11 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
You seriously never realized until now?

You must be a youngster

I always knew they were biased, but . . . MY GOD!  They're almost as bad as PMSNBC!

Actually, I haven't watched news much, since we don't get TV at home (other than local stations).  But when I was in college I watched a little news in the lobbies, and now that I'm here there's nothing else to do.  So I don't really have much experience with ANY of the news stations, Fox or CNN.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 6:38:25 PM EDT
[#19]
only one worse is msnbc.

They aren't even ashamed of it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 6:39:41 PM EDT
[#20]
The thing that bothers me most is that CNN is assumed to be America's network of record. If you walk into a public place, like an Interstate rest stop, it's usually CNN on the tube.

I frequently feel like getting one of those "zapper" remote controls.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 6:40:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 6:41:40 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

They think the death penalty is getting off light for 1 gram of pot, though we've probably got members here who agree.

Kill'N is too good for dopers....
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 6:42:06 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah right.

The MSM aside from Fox is pushing communism. Fox is slightly asnti-communist, and so you need to shake up and down to get the sand out . . .
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 6:45:21 PM EDT
[#24]
You DO realize don't you that you're talking about the SAME "News" organization that made the deal with Saddam NOT to report (Isn't that what "REPORTERS" do?!??) the fact that he was gleefully killing his own folks just to have an outlet there don't you?

"In Iraq today Coalition forces struck key anti-aircraft sites in the southern part of the country"  That's what WE heard from CNN instead of "Holy SHIT! This motherf**ker's kids are running rape rooms and he's hanging people on MEAT HOOKS at Abu Ghraib!!!"

'Course, they couldn't WAIT to tell us all that US troops made some pow's wear Ladies unmentionables on their heads ("YOU BASTARDS!") lol

Link Posted: 9/6/2008 6:46:06 PM EDT
[#25]
In case you didn't know it, Ted Turner is married to "Hanoi Jane" Fonda.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 6:47:56 PM EDT
[#26]
CNN and MSNBC has got be the most slanted new sources aorund.

All the fucking half-hints, specifically placed wording, vague allusions. They insert conclusion where conclusions are otherwise not needed.

The imply guilt, not by facts, but simply through the use of adjectives and crafty wording.

The worst thing of all, the Sheep eat this shit up, and ask for seconds all the while never questioning the ingredients.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 6:48:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 6:51:55 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Sometime between now and when hell freezes over, closer to when hell freezes over.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 6:53:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Is there anything that can be done?
This crap has gone too far.
We were visiting the inlaws a few weeks ago and they were watching msnbc and believing the crap. had me so pissed I had to walk out.
Aren't "news" stations supposed to serve the public good or some such?
How can they get away with blatantly attempting to manipulate a federal election?
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 6:54:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 6:55:02 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
CNN is extremely biased and they are liars.  Why do you think that they got the name the Clinton News Network?  They covered up for Bill Clinton and they still do.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 6:56:04 PM EDT
[#32]
is TED TURNER,S fault the commie rat bastard!
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 6:58:51 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Is there anything that can be done?
This crap has gone too far.
We were visiting the inlaws a few weeks ago and they were watching msnbc and believing the crap. had me so pissed I had to walk out.
Aren't "news" stations supposed to serve the public good or some such?
How can they get away with blatantly attempting to manipulate a federal election?

Yes there is.

Start E-Mailing and calling companies that advertise on their station and tell them you're fed-up with their shit and you'll stop buying their products as long as they endorse "Journalism" that would make Hearst forget what the hell "Rosebud" was he'd have such a chubby!.

Link Posted: 9/6/2008 7:02:14 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah right.

The MSM aside from Fox is pushing communism. Fox is slightly asnti-communist, and so you need to shake up and down to get the sand out . . .

So you think the anti-drug propaganda that Fox runs is Totally Different and Unrelated to the anti-gun propaganda that CNN runs?  They make Reefer Madness look like an example of decorum.

I don't get the "guns and alcohol are good, but pot is the DEVIL!!!!!!!!!!!" meme.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top