Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2008 11:20:54 AM EDT
you dont think dems will take advantage of this do you?
a utility bill is proof!!??[:OF]

Rules:
Voters must bring identification to the polls in order to verify identity.
Identification may include a current and valid photo identification, a military identification, or a copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document, other than this reminder or voter registration notification, that shows the voter's name and current address. Voters who do not provide one of these documents will still be able to vote by providing the last four digits of their social security number and by casting a provisional ballot. Voters who do not have any of the above forms of identification, including a social security number, will still be able to vote by signing an affirmation swearing to the voter's identity under penaltyof election falsification and by casting a provisional ballot. Generally, state-issued driver's licenses and state-issued identification may include a current or former address. R.C. 3501.19
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 11:37:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, and our Secretary of State is a Dem as well. Thankfully our legislature (both houses) is repub so I am hoping they look into this, but fraud is a concern and the SOS doesn't seem to want to do anything to fix it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 11:40:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Scan, photoshop, print.  Here is your new utility bill.  It is as simple as that.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 11:57:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I have never understood what the problem is with showing ID (unless one is looking to cook the books).  In Virginia when you register, you receive in the mail a voter registration card that serves as the necessary ID.  I can either show that registration card or my DL.  No mess no hassle.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 12:13:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have never understood what the problem is with showing ID (unless one is looking to cook the books).  In Virginia when you register, you receive in the mail a voter registration card that serves as the necessary ID.  I can either show that registration card or my DL.  No mess no hassle.

The utility bill portion is what is concerning. Too easy to fake one and vote as a reccently deceased person.

If a government issued photo ID was all that was accepted, i would have fewer problems with it.

Although some argue that having to show photo ID could be a civil rights violation.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 12:16:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top