Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2008 10:02:06 AM EDT
I got some little thermometers for my fridge and freezer.  One stayed in my fridge for months until someone accidentally knocked it down.  I haven't been able to make it stick since, even very carefully cleaning and drying the side of the fridge and the suction cup.  I don't think one ever stayed very long in the freezer.

Short of Super Glue... any tricks to make suction cups stay sucking in the cold?
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 10:05:17 AM EDT
[#1]
If the rubber used for the suction cup isn't soft enough, it won't form an airtight bond.  Rubber can harden over time.

Try coating the cup with a little vasoline or something.  It may help form a seal.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 10:10:36 AM EDT
[#2]
try to boil the rubber for a min. or 2.  I might soften up.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 10:37:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Clean it thoroughly and then apply a very small amount of grease to it.  Rub the suction
cup across your cheeks or forehead and that alone may give it enough to do the job.

A very tiny amount of silicone grease would certainly do it but any residue is a bit tough
to clean off.  

CJ
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 10:41:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Good luck in the freezer.

The ones I have are from a restaurant supply house and both clip to the shelf.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top