BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/6/2008 9:57:13 AM EDT
Gonna be EPIC.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 9:58:05 AM EDT
[#1]
DAMN you beat me to it, I just did a search for DNC flags and ...30 seconds too slow.
Why would the DNC throw out all those flags - fags.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 9:59:42 AM EDT
[#2]
cool, I'll watch!
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 10:01:53 AM EDT
[#3]
holy shit i haven't read anything about trashed flags, thats bs! glad mccain is going to bring it up tho and use it as ammo!
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 10:03:23 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
DAMN you beat me to it, I just did a search for DNC flags and ...30 seconds too slow.
Why would the DNC throw out all those flags - fags.

There is a thread by Haterade on the flags, but this is just FYI the McCain rally is coming on.

LMAO! IT'S ON!!
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 10:03:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Tuning in!

They are talking about it now...  
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 10:05:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Another bitch-slap in progress.  The last week has been awesome.  Just awesome.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 10:09:49 AM EDT
[#7]
The skinny locally is that one of the vendors found the bags en route to the garbage and contacted press and others.  Vet's groups are PISSED.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 10:19:18 AM EDT
[#8]
I love surprise gifts!!!  Especially from dems!
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 10:21:40 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The skinny locally is that one of the vendors found the bags en route to the garbage and contacted press and others.  Vet's groups are PISSED.

I'm loving it.

Link Posted: 9/6/2008 10:28:35 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm loving it.

I wonder where the Obama campaign learned its mindset and regard for the American flag.  Hmmm.

William Ayres.  Communist agitator and a founder of the Weather Underground terrorist group.  He regrets they did not blow up more things.  

Barak Obama's political career was launched at a "meet the candidate" event hosted by Ayres and his wife at his home.   Ayres wife, also an unrepentant Weather Underground terrorist, spoke FAVORABLY of the Charles Manson family's murders.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 10:33:52 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I wonder where the Obama campaign learned its mindset and regard for the American flag.  Hmmm.

William Ayres.  Communist agitator and a founder of the Weather Underground terrorist group.  He regrets they did not blow up more things.  

Barak Obama's political career was launched at a "meet the candidate" event hosted by Ayres and his wife at his home.   Ayres wife, also an unrepentant Weather Underground terrorist, spoke FAVORABLY of the Charles Manson family's murders.

These guys???
www.wunderground.com/

CHRIS
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 10:40:52 AM EDT
[#12]
watching live now!  GO SARAH!
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 10:42:28 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

These guys???
www.wunderground.com/

CHRIS

I'm a member there.  Up upload weather data.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 10:42:36 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm watching now.  Unfortunately, much of Mrs. Palin's speech is a rehash of her RNC speech.  It was great, but I worry that it could draw criticism.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 10:45:43 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

These guys???
www.wunderground.com/

CHRIS

Uh, no.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weatherman_(organization)

Weatherman, known colloquially as the Weathermen and later the Weather Underground Organization, was an American radical left organization founded in 1969 by leaders and members who split from the Students for a Democratic Society (SDS). The group organized a riot in Chicago in 1969 and bombed buildings in the 1970s.

They took their name from the lyric "You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows," from the Bob Dylan song Subterranean Homesick Blues. They also used this lyric as the title of a position paper they distributed at an SDS convention in Chicago on June 18, 1969, as part of a special edition of New Left Notes. The Weathermen were initially part of the Revolutionary Youth Movement (RYM) within the SDS, splitting from the RYM's Maoists by claiming there was no time to build a vanguard party and that revolutionary war against the United States government and the capitalist system should begin immediately. Their founding document called for the establishment of a "white fighting force" to be allied with the "Black Liberation Movement" and other "anti-colonial" movements to achieve "the destruction of US imperialism and achieve a classless world: world communism."

Link Posted: 9/6/2008 10:45:46 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Fixed it for ya
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 10:46:43 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I'm watching now.  Unfortunately, much of Mrs. Palin's speech is a rehash of her RNC speech.  It was great, but I worry that it could draw criticism.

Yeah, on the one hand, its a "stump" speech.

But if they don't change things up, they'll screw up their advantage of being inside the Dem's OODA loop.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 10:47:30 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Yeah if you watch these daily they do get somewhat old as all rally speeches are basically the same.

ETA:  That's why I like town hall as you get questions from the audience and its more on the fly; not staged answers given by a prompter.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 10:48:32 AM EDT
[#19]
YOU WILL KNOW THEIR NAMES AND I WILL MAKE THEM FAMOUS!

i love that line, because i believe he'll do it 100%
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 10:48:45 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

These guys???
www.wunderground.com/

CHRIS

Uh, no.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weatherman_(organization)

Weatherman, known colloquially as the Weathermen and later the Weather Underground Organization, was an American radical left organization founded in 1969 by leaders and members who split from the Students for a Democratic Society (SDS). The group organized a riot in Chicago in 1969 and bombed buildings in the 1970s.

They took their name from the lyric "You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows," from the Bob Dylan song Subterranean Homesick Blues. They also used this lyric as the title of a position paper they distributed at an SDS convention in Chicago on June 18, 1969, as part of a special edition of New Left Notes. The Weathermen were initially part of the Revolutionary Youth Movement (RYM) within the SDS, splitting from the RYM's Maoists by claiming there was no time to build a vanguard party and that revolutionary war against the United States government and the capitalist system should begin immediately. Their founding document called for the establishment of a "white fighting force" to be allied with the "Black Liberation Movement" and other "anti-colonial" movements to achieve "the destruction of US imperialism and achieve a classless world: world communism."

We really should have put smileys so people knew it wasn't serious.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 10:49:45 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Yeah, hopefully by the next campaign stop the speech will change up....for the most part.

I guess they do it in beginning for a short period as not everyone watched the convention speech, yes many did...but not all.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 10:51:03 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

We need bumper stickers
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 10:54:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Democrats discard useless props after convention
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 10:58:59 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah if you watch these daily they do get somewhat old as all rally speeches are basically the same.

ETA:  That's why I like town hall as you get questions from the audience and its more on the fly; not staged answers given by a prompter.

I was just thinking the same thing, they need a crew to taylor the speeches to the area.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 10:59:03 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Like Hillary?
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 11:01:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Damn it, just missed it.

Anyone have a video link?

Link Posted: 9/6/2008 11:01:36 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Like Hillary?

OH SNAP!!!

No you didn't!
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 11:02:07 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We need bumper stickers

Link Posted: 9/6/2008 11:07:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Democrats say McCain STOLE THEIR FLAGS!!
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 11:07:43 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I just heard it on Fox too.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 11:08:15 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

ya... they were just in the trash for safe keeping
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 11:08:59 AM EDT
[#32]
someone find the pic of the flags in the trash next to pizza boxes!
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 11:13:41 AM EDT
[#33]
Just when you don't believe the DUmmies can stoop any lower.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 11:17:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 11:19:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Not the ones I was looking for:

Link Posted: 9/6/2008 11:24:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 11:25:13 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
i38.tinypic.com/20u66ox.jpg

clearly well protected, and the republican operatives broke through their obviously high security and stole them
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 1:39:12 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Are you serious?

Link Posted: 9/6/2008 1:46:00 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you serious?

yup I is
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 1:49:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 1:50:17 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you serious?

yup I is

I guess they stole their empty bottles and frozen pizza boxes too...

Link Posted: 9/6/2008 1:50:22 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you serious?

Yup.

McCain Camp ‘Rescues’ Flags From Obama Rally
by FOXNews.com
Saturday, September 6, 2008
Border

Facebook
Stumble Upon
Digg
email Email
Buzz up!
comment

John McCain supporters wave flags that were allegedly found at the site of Barack Obama's nomination acceptance address. (FNC)

Democrats are not caring for their Stars and Stripes. At least that’s the message out of John McCain’s campaign.

McCain supporters, claiming they rescued 12,000 miniature American flags from the site of Barack Obama’s nomination acceptance speech last Thursday, redistributed the orphan flags to audience members ahead of a McCain rally in Colorado Springs on Saturday.

The move was an overt swipe at Obama from a campaign whose motto has been “country first.” But Democratic convention organizers claimed the flags were not going to be discarded — but instead were snatched from the site of Obama’s historic address to carry out a “cheap political stunt.”

McCain supporters said the flags were discovered by a vendor at Denver’s Invesco Field after the conclusion of the Democratic National Convention. The vendor supposedly found trash bags full of flags in and near garbage bins, and turned them over to the McCain campaign.

Boy Scouts were sorting through 84 bags of flags in Colorado on Saturday, before a McCain supporter had veterans distribute them to the audience.

“We want to find good homes for these flags,” radio host Dan Caplis said at the rally, adding that whatever flags remained would be placed at memorials throughout Colorado.

Audience members, who booed when Caplis announced that the flags were left in Denver, waved the flags and chanted “U.S.A” before McCain arrived at the rally with his running mate, Sarah Palin.

Damon Jones, spokesman for the Democratic National Convention Committee, released a statement saying McCain should applaud the fact that thousands of American flags were “proudly waved” at their convention.

“But instead his supporters wrongfully took leftover bundles of our flags from the stadium to play out a cheap political stunt calling into question our patriotism,” he said.

Obama has faced attacks on his patriotism since the beginning of the Democratic primary race and has set up a Web site specifically designed to fight such charges.

The McCain campaign has denied questioning Obama’s patriotism, and even released a statement Friday calling Obama’s most recent comments on the matter “hysterical.”

Obama said Friday that Republicans are trying to make the election a personality contest, and that “what they’re really saying is ‘we’re going to try to scare people about Barack. So we’re going to say that you know, ‘Maybe he’s got Muslim connections or we’re going to say that, you know, he hangs out with radicals or he’s not patriotic.’”

U.S. Code says the proper method for disposing of an American flag is actually burning, provided it is “no longer a fitting emblem for display.”

The United States Flag Store, which sells full-sized and miniature flags, says on its Web site that flags can also be put in the trash, when they are “worn, damaged or tattered beyond repair.”

FOX News’ Carl Cameron and Bonney Kapp contributed to this report.

-K
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 1:51:16 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you serious?

yup I is

But Democratic convention organizers claimed the flags were not going to be discarded — but instead were snatched from the site of Obama’s historic address to carry out a “cheap political stunt.”

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/09/06/mccain-camp-to-chastise-dems-for-discarding-american-flags/

and real Americans will believe this, I think not.

moonbats on the other hand will be bloggest this as I type...
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 1:53:34 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you serious?

yup I is

Nonsense, that's a perfectly fine way to store an American flag.

How dare you question their patriotism!

Link Posted: 9/6/2008 1:53:59 PM EDT
[#45]
tag
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 1:58:49 PM EDT
[#46]
tag!
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 2:12:15 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you serious?

yup I is

Nonsense, that's a perfectly fine way to store an American flag.

How dare you question their patriotism!

According to the Flag Store it is.

The United States Flag Store, which sells full-sized and miniature flags, says on its Web site that flags can also be put in the trash, when they are “worn, damaged or tattered beyond repair.”
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 2:12:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Obama won't even wear one.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 2:13:42 PM EDT
[#49]
So much for the "green" approach at the DNC. Recycling/Reuse doesn't count when US flags are concerned?
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 2:26:23 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
So much for the "green" approach at the DNC. Recycling/Reuse doesn't count when US flags are concerned?
they didnt recylce the bottles or boxes either
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top