Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2008 7:20:07 PM EDT
This is a repost from my thread over in the New England hometown forum.

The Collings Foundation has 4 WWII warbirds visiting the Oxford airport from the 4th though the 8th of September. I stopped by with my fiance this afternoon and got there a bit too late as they were closing up but I did get some pictures of the B24 and B25 taxiing back into their parking spots after some ride flights. They have their B17G, B24J, B25J, and the rare P-51C Mustang there.  Unfortunately the Mustang had been put into the hangar so I didn't get to see it. I was pretty upset since I drove from Bridgeport and that's pretty much the primary reason I went as I love the razorback Mustangs. I will go back on Monday. Here are the pictures, I will also be going to the air show at Westover AFB on Sunday and will post pictures of that too. Enjoy

g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=507&i=dscn0684rc5.jpg][
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 7:28:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll admit, I slapped the monkey over that first picture...
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 7:30:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 7:31:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Awesome pics.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 7:34:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Collins Foundation birds?

Damn, they are fine.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 7:42:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Collins Foundation birds?

Damn, they are fine.

Collings Foundation, out of Stowe MA. They also have the only civilian owned flyable F4 Phantom II as well as an A4 amongst many other rare and beautifully restored birds.

Steve
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 7:46:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the pics!
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 7:46:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for posting.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 7:59:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Cool pics
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 8:10:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I have flown in the B17, worth every penny.

Mr Collins wife is a pilot rated in all the planes and she is hot as heck too. Will see if I can find a pic of her.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 9:29:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Paid the $$$ and flew in the B-17 Nine-O-Nine last year.  Worth every penny!!!!
Great to visit with the vets / former air crews who came out to see the aircraft.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top