Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2008 7:21:26 AM EDT
I don't know what the hell is wrong with my laptop, but 50% of the time I start it up, I have no sound, and can't play Youtube videos; actually they'll start, with no sound, and then the video freezes after 5 seconds.

Any ideas?

Thanks guys!!

Shoot
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 7:23:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Definately the Bush/ Cheney/ Halliburton PC disruption machine.  Have you tried wrapping your house in tinfoil yet?  Worked for us!!
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 7:24:21 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Definately the Bush/ Cheney/ Halliburton PC disruption machine.  Have you tried wrapping your house in tinfoil yet?  Worked for us!!

I tried putting the laptop in the microwave to kill off any viruses, but that didn't work.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 7:28:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't know much about puters, but my buddy set me up with www.system-mechanic.net/ on my old pc and I have been using it on all of our computers for the last 5 years.  Never have had a virus, hiccup, or any problems using that product, it does everything to keep our stuff running tip top.  I believe a program license is good for 3 computers, I have it currently on my 2 laptops and my new PC.  I wish I could help more...

--VT
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 7:33:59 AM EDT
[#4]
more info please.. make brand and os..
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 7:35:51 AM EDT
[#5]
start > Run

Type cmd

type:

format c:

hit enter

problem solved

(Yes, in reality I know that does nothing)
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 7:35:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Shit that's nothing.

The office cat stepped on the secretary's keyboard and somehow turn the screen and mouse 180 degrees.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 7:42:18 AM EDT
[#7]
My advice:

Link Posted: 9/5/2008 7:49:12 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
more info please.. make brand and os..

Acer Aspire running XP PRO SP2
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 3:10:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Bump

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top