Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2008 9:44:29 PM EDT
Opinions on his speech? What was with the female protester & why did  FOX give her airtime!???
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 10:00:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought he did a great job. Surprising for someone not known for his speeches. I wouldn't blame FOX, might have been a pool video. Would have liked to see her get lumped a little though
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 10:06:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I though it was an honest and good speech.

The protester was another code pink moonbat.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 10:10:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I loved the speech. Best one I've ever seen from McCain to date. Very genuine. Very moving. Very humble.

But I also saw a man with great visions that kind of reminded me of my favorite president of all time (Ronald Reagan). I actually for the first time felt inspired by McCain. Tonight's message focused on what this country is capable of doing if we can just stop the partisan bickering and get on with the show. There was no way one could watch that speech and not come away with the realization that McCain deeply LOVES his country and BELIEVES in his country. What I took from his speech that the only thing wrong with our country today is self serving, corrupt, dishonest politicians. That is all that is holding us back. And his goal is to take "The Barracuda" with him to The White House and start cleaning house.

Overall, I was very impressed by his speech. Unlike the typical "rah rah" speeches you see at these conventions, I saw someone tonight who was very genuine and connected with people at an emotional level.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 10:12:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I agree, best I have seen from McCain
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 10:13:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I loved the speech. Best one I've ever seen from McCain to date. Very genuine. Very moving. Very humble.

But I also saw a man with great visions that kind of reminded me of my favorite president of all time (Ronald Reagan). I actually for the first time felt inspired by McCain. Tonight's message focused on what this country is capable of doing if we can just stop the partisan bickering and get on with the show. There was no way one could watch that speech and not come away with the realization that McCain deeply LOVES his country and BELIEVES in his country. What I took from his speech that the only thing wrong with our country today is self serving, corrupt, dishonest politicians. That is all that is holding us back. And his goal is to take "The Barracuda" with him to The White House and start cleaning house.

Overall, I was very impressed by his speech. Unlike the typical "rah rah" speeches you see at these conventions, I saw someone tonight who was very genuine and connected with people at an emotional level.

TRUTH

Here is what I posted in another thread earlier tonight:

I watched the whole thing (speech.)

I have only seen him give a couple others.

I was personally impressed with him.

I honestly don't know just what his whole platform is nor do I think it really matters......

I suspect the he will be criticized for the lack of detail on his plan.

The bottom line is this. If the tickets were reversed and the big O told me everything I might want to hear I still wouldn't vote for him. With little to no record and having had most of life handed to him I figure when the chips are down...... he might just stand there and bleed...... When trouble comes knocking, McCain will open the door, smile and shoot trouble right between the eyes.

In this race, and this day and age, the choice is clear for me. I will be voting for Mac/Palin.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 6:59:24 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I suspect the he will be criticized for the lack of detail on his plan.

He gave WAY more details than Barry O' bama ever has in his mouth frothings.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 7:08:10 AM EDT
[#7]
The last two minutes were greatness. The rest was on par or a bit less than I had hoped for.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 7:09:20 AM EDT
[#8]
I was able to hear portions of it on the radio at work.  He said some great things.  There is no doubt I will vote for his ticket, but being in NY, my vote will not matter.  I'm still a bit apprehensive about a few of his views, based on laws he has helped pass in the past.  As with GWB, my criticms of him, which are not that many, are that he spent too freely, and was NOT CONSERVATIVE ENOUGH.  McCain promises to cut frivolous spending, but he is going to need a lot of help, from us, improving the congress.  I am, however, looking forward to a McCain presidency, IF he can decrease gov't spending, intrusion, AND put supreme court justices on the bench who actually understand the constitution.

An Obama presidency is simply unacceptable, and will turn our country in a direction that would be very difficult to return from.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 7:10:39 AM EDT
[#9]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=752864
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top