Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2008 6:22:11 PM EDT
I see people saying Palin/Jindal 2012? So who's Jindal and whats the story in him?
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 6:40:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, IMO - I don't agree with that ticket but I'll offer my thoughts...

Jindal showed exactly what a governor does!  He was concise to the point and commanded his resources.

I think a state governor is a microcosm of the national presidency.

The state governor(president) in fact has a lieutenant governor(vice president) and is in charge of the national guard(military).  The governor also works directly with his/her state executive, legislative, and judicial branches.

IMO, if a governor has the qualifications to run a state - once brought up to speed they damn sure have the qualifications to run a country!
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 6:51:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Bobby Jindal is the governor of Louisiana.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 6:52:17 PM EDT
[#3]
He wants to castrate sex offenders....not kidding.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 6:53:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

He's cleaning up that state, but running into a few controversies like giving their legislators raises (the public hates that) and being amenable to ID being taught in public school.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 6:57:07 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He's cleaning up that state, but running into a few controversies like giving their legislators raises (the public hates that) and being amenable to ID being taught in public school.

He finally did veto the pay raise. It wasn't pretty there for a while.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 7:00:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I saw some threads here a few months ago where it seemed all of ARFCOM wanted him to get the Vice President nomination.  Then a week later I thought I saw something about a "scandal", and it seemed quite a few members said something to the effect of "Fuck that guy".

I don't know, but would like to know also.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 7:26:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Jindal rocks.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 7:28:58 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
He wants to castrate sex offenders....not kidding.

Which makes him incredibly awesome.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 7:30:42 PM EDT
[#9]
He is recently credited with getting a in-state income tax tax cut delayed for a year.  Also had to be pressed into vetoing a 3X pay raise for the legislature.

That said he is a big improvement over Blanco.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 7:41:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Extremely smart guy. Son of Indian immigrants, converted from Hinduism to a 180 proof form of Catholicism in high school. Went to Brown, accepted to both Yale Law School and Harvard Medical School, but went to Oxford for a Rhodes scholarship instead. Did a stint as a McKinsley consultant, then cleaned up the LA Medicaid system. Did some time in the federal bureaucracy, then ran (unsuccessfully) for LA governor, got elected to congress, then after a couple terms ran successfully for governor in the wake of Katrina, Blanco, and the usual highly colorful LA corruption stories.

He's written some stuff that some people find odd, such as articles about exorcism in a Catholic magazine. Social conservative, pro-gun rights, out to clean up LA"s political culture, which is one of the more corrupt in the US.

ETA: the castration is chemical castration, which is essentially pumping the violator full of hormones to eliminate sex drive.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 7:54:25 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
ETA: the castration is chemical castration, which is essentially pumping the violator full of hormones to eliminate sex drive.

He has been contacted by the Democratic Wives Association.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 7:55:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Some Indians don't like him because he converted.

Most are pretty proud of him, though.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 7:57:02 PM EDT
[#13]
I didnt know who he was until I saw him pre-Gustav.

The man was clearly, CLEARLY in charge and on top of things.  It was quite refreshing, and in the little time I saw of him during the conferences, I was impressed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top