Philip J. Berg, Esquire Suit Filed & Served

555 Andorra Glen Court, Suite 12 09/04/08
Lafayette Hill, PA 19444-2531
Cell (610) 662-3005 No. 08-cv-4083

(610) 825-3134
(800) 993-PHIL [7445]
Fax (610) 834-7659

[email protected]
SERVICE OF LAWSUIT CHALLENGING SENATOR OBAMA’S RIGHT TO BE A CANDIDATE FOR PRESIDENT BECAUSE HE DOES NOT MEET THE QUALIFICATIONS HAS BEEN COMPLETED

(Lafayette Hill, Pennsylvania – 09/04/08) - Philip J. Berg, Esquire, the Attorney who filed suit against Barack H. Obama challenging Senator Obama’s eligibility to serve as President of the United States, has received confirmation from his Process Service Company that the Democratic National Committee (DNC) and Senator Barack Obama were served today, September 4, 2008, with the legal documents pertaining to Berg vs. Obama, Civil Action No. 08-cv-4083. The DNC was served at 12:00 p.m. and Senator Obama was served at 1:00 p.m. The U.S. Attorney’s Office accepted service on behalf of the Federal Elections Committee (FEC) on or about August 22, 2008.

# # #
* * For copies of all Court Pleadings, go to
obamacrimes.com
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 5:19:03 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 9/4/2008 5:19:35 PM EDT
[#2]
In on page one...I hope this really stirs up in the MSM!
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 5:20:10 PM EDT
[#3]
What's this about?  I thought it was determined that since he was born in the US he was an official citizen.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 5:20:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Isn't this from a week ago, some other thread?
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 5:20:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
What's this about?  I thought it was determined that since he was born in the US he was an official citizen.
Phil Berg an attorney from PA is suing him on grounds that he isn't eligible to be a candidate. Maybe he knows something we dont'.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 5:20:53 PM EDT
[#6]
IN
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 5:21:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Cool. Obama stands down, Hillary steps in. McCain loses.

ugh.

Link Posted: 9/4/2008 5:22:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

ugh.

Link Posted: 9/4/2008 5:22:14 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Phil Berg an attorney from PA is suing him on grounds that he isn't eligible to be a candidate. Maybe he knows something we dont'.

sorry about ruining the wet dream, but this ain't going anywhere.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 5:23:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 5:23:34 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

sorry about ruining the wet dream, but this ain't going anywhere.

I hope it doesn't...as mentioned above about Hillary.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 5:24:36 PM EDT
[#12]
I hope this isn't some wacked-out loony thing that will cause the dems to rally around their guy.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 5:26:43 PM EDT
[#13]
I call bs even if it is true.......it won't go anywhere
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 5:27:28 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I hope this isn't some wacked-out loony thing that will cause the dems to rally around their guy.

He's a Dem.  

So yea, he is a loony, but one of their loonies.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 5:28:15 PM EDT
[#15]
I think the guy suing is an ex Clintonite so hopefully it causes even further divide.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 5:28:45 PM EDT
[#16]
I can hope that his citizen status is going to change...
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 5:28:56 PM EDT
[#17]
This suit is almost as bad as it is stupid.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 5:30:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Wow.

Who thinks Hillary is behind this?
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 5:31:03 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Wow.

I do.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 5:31:56 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I think the guy suing is an ex Clintonite so hopefully it causes even further divide.

Dem-on-dem legal action?

That's almost incestuous!
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 5:33:25 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dem-on-dem legal action?

Link Posted: 9/4/2008 5:34:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Berg was a Clinton campaigner in PA, but his bigger claim to fame is as a 911 Truther and general wack job.  I wonder if he plans on wearing the tin foil hat to court?
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 5:36:13 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dem-on-dem legal action?

But in a good way.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 5:36:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 5:38:36 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Berg was a Clinton campaigner in PA, but his bigger claim to fame is as a 911 Truther and general wack job.  I wonder if he plans on wearing the tin foil hat to court?
He probably will LOL... I figured it won't go anywhere ...butat least it will stir a TOn of shit up off the bottom...though the MSM probably will decline covering it.

Link Posted: 9/4/2008 5:38:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Page 2

ETA - Well it was before Goatboy "fixed it" for ya.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 5:39:31 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Wow.

I do too.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 5:42:01 PM EDT
[#28]
It may be constitutionally correct, but who follows that any more?
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 5:42:09 PM EDT
[#29]
height=8
Quoted:
I can hope that his citizen status is going to change...hat
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 5:44:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Why is there nothing about this in the news???

If McCain or Palin got served papers it would be all you hear about.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 5:46:20 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Oh--I'm beginning to like it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 5:49:25 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Yeah , that stupid piece of paper is outdated and old...needs to be re written....
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 5:51:42 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

THis is perfect as most troofers are DU whack jobs.

It is kinda like a fist fight between Rosie and Mike Moore.  No matter what some fat fucker is going to get it in the end.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 5:52:32 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:
He probably will LOL... I figured it won't go anywhere ...butat least it will stir a TOn of shit up off the bottom...though the MSM probably will decline covering it.

Court TV will run the trial
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 5:54:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Page 1....dangit!!
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 5:56:28 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Why is there nothing about this in the news???

If McCain or Palin got served papers it would be all you hear about.

Nothing in the news?  because it is getting the coverage it deserves.  

Much as the loonie fringe on both sides would love for something to be there, there is no there there.

Now did Berg get another court to look at this or is he still serving papers on the case that got thrown out several weeks ago?
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 5:58:59 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

ugh.

I disagree.  If this happened, a sizable chunk of the Democratic vote would NOT even show up to vote.  If Hillary is found to be even remotely tied to this, things are even worse for her.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 5:59:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Washington Times  link here.

More info on summons in this link.

J
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 6:05:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Oh SNAP.  If the lawsuit IS true, this will only divide the Democrats.  The Michigan and Florida Primary invalidation?

There has NOT been a precedent to this...the DNC will be in scramble mode to affirm Hillary at the last minute.  This lawsuit will have a serious discovery phase...witnesses to the birth will be summoned, then cross-examined.

This was supposed to be an October surprise.  Berg knows something more.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 6:19:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Someone explain something to me.

Obama has already been elected to the Federal Senate, so presumably his citizenship eligability to be a member of the Senate was screened by the Federal Electoral Comission before that election even took place, yes?

Is that detail on public record, the FEC determination of Obama's citizenship for the Senate election? Does the FEC allow citizens from any country to run for the US Federal Senate? Does the FEC even bother to do an independent check on that sort of thing or do they just take the candidate's word?

On a side note, this brings up the issue of the chain of Presidential succession and how far along that chain you have to go before a non-birth US citizen can assume Presidential authority. Do cabinet members need to be US born? What about the Speakers of the House and Senate? Sure, something severely catastrophic would have to happen before Presidential authority ended up that far down the chain, but the laws allow it to happen.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 6:24:24 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Obama has already been elected to the Federal Senate, so presumably his citizenship eligability to be a member of the Senate was screened by the Federal Electoral Comission before that election even took place, yes?

Is that detail on public record, the FEC determination of Obama's citizenship for the Senate election? Does the FEC allow citizens from any country to run for the US Federal Senate? Does the FEC even bother to do an independent check on that sort of thing or do they just take the candidate's word?

On a side note, this brings up the issue of the chain of Presidential succession and how far along that chain you have to go before a non-birth US citizen can assume Presidential authority. Do cabinet members need to be US born? What about the Speakers of the House and Senate? Sure, something severely catastrophic would have to happen before Presidential authority ended up that far down the chain, but the laws allow it to happen.
You can be elected to the senate or governor if you where born outside o the U.S. but you have to have been born the US to be the President as I recall.

Take Ahnold The Governator for example...he was born in Austria and is Gov of Cali , but he is NOT eligible to run for POTUS.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 6:27:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Berg has balls of STEEL!!!

Obama thinks he is the messiah...

AC
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 6:35:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Yes, I realise that, there was talk a year or two ago among Arnie supporters about ammending the Constitution to allow him to run for the Oval Office, but that never went anywhere.

The question I'm asking is: "Did the FEC ask if Obama is a US citizen by birth or a citizen by some other means?", and if they did ask that question, what conclusion did the FEC finally arrive at? Is that conclusion on public record?
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 7:21:23 PM EDT
[#44]
To be a "Natural Born American" means both the parents were US citizens. McCain was born on a military base in Panama to American parents. Therefore his is a Natural Born American.

"Native Born American" means the person was born in the USA or one of its possessions.

The requirement to become POTUS says "Natural Born".  
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 7:39:30 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yeah , that stupid piece of paper is outdated and old...needs to be re written....

Why do people keep bringing up that old piece of shit paper.

“Stop throwing the Constitution in my face,” Bush screamed back. “It’s just a goddamned piece of paper!”
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 7:44:39 PM EDT
[#46]
tag
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 7:46:16 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

According to wikipedia, there are currently two cabinet members who are not natural-born citizens.

It has been a subject of controversy whether Cabinet officers who are not natural-born citizens, such as Carlos Gutierrez (born in Cuba) or Elaine Chao (born in Taiwan), are constitutionally ineligible to be Acting President, because Article Two establishes only eligibility requirements for the office of President proper. The same question exists for officers in the line of succession who are not at least 35 years old or have not resided in the United States for 14 years. To avoid a needless constitutional dispute at what would likely be a time of great crisis, the statute (3 U.S.C. § 19(e)) specifies that even the Acting President must meet the constitutional requirements for the office of President. Thus, Secretary Gutierrez and Secretary Chao are ineligible to serve as Acting President since they are not natural-born citizens of the United States.

Link Posted: 9/4/2008 7:48:55 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/santanatwo/obamajerkcircle_santanatwo.jpg

Dude I rolled! Would they call that a hammer and sickle jerk?
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 7:49:31 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

ugh.

Wrong, Obamatards would be so pissed they wouldn't show up to vote.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 7:49:51 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Berg maintains that Obama was not born in the US but rather was born in Kenya and flew to Hawaii with his mother 5 days later,who filed a "Report of Birth" in Hawaii.  That's why some people maintain that there are paperwork irregularities with the birth records in Hawaii.

Under the law, as it existed in 1961, in order to be a "natural born citizen", born physically outside the US, with only one US Citizen parent, that parent would need to be 19 years of age.

Obama's mom was 18 at the time.

Berg is a 911 Truther and nut.  This suit is probably BS.
The law has been changed since.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top