Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/4/2001 1:46:08 PM EDT
[url]http://www.oregonlive.com/metronorth/oregonian/index.ssf?/xml/story.ssf/html_standard.xsl?/base/news/100747056320908148.xml[/url]

Big bruhaha over this. Its a very small town.

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 1:59:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Good for her.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 2:11:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Good for her.
View Quote

Yep.  It's a shitty situation to be in, to have to shoot your husband, but he won't be beating her any more.  She is better off without him.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 2:17:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Perfect example of what guns are for.

Michael
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 2:40:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I believe democraticunderground has at least 4 gun threads going right now, with at least one arguing about the mythical 43:1 figure. Perhaps someone who hasn't been banned could post this over there, as it shows not one but two cases that are obviously self defense and would count toward that number.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 2:50:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I hope some Up and coming D.A doesnt decide to further his career by "setting an example"

Good luck to her I hope they give her a medal.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 3:03:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 3:18:07 PM EDT
[#7]
 What kind of example could a prosecutor set?  The dumbass was beating her senseless(it apparently showed, hence the detectives agreed) and came after her through a locked door to continue his attack.  Married or not you do not get to beat anyone to death.
 In Washington state, if the prosecutor is trying to get re-elected by creating a drama trial and you prove self defense.  The county pays your legal expenses and lost wages, it cools off the zealots considerably when they have consequences to their anti-gun actions.  Locally, the over zealous prosecutors have lost cases to a 20y/o Marine who shot a guy outside a bar(the guy and his friends were beating the Marine), a biker who shot a rival biker( rival gang of 5 jumped the lone biker in a bar and were "stomping him to death" when for no reason he shot one of them) and my favorite a 24y/o armed man was attacked by a 19y/o multiple convicted felon and his girlfriend after he took offense to them throwing beer bottles out of there car at him. The 24y/o warned them he was armed and asked them to leave him alone, they bum rushed him and began beating him, he drew and fired one shot killing the scumbag. All in front of a retired Police Capt. The retired officer politely disarmed him and held all parties till help arrived. 19y/o scumbag had crack, marijuania and .13 alcohol in him.
 Our local prosecutors now looking closely at who they bother these days, local juries let people who use deadly force go 99percent of the time here.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 3:55:42 PM EDT
[#8]
The sad thing about statistics is that this Positive use of a firearm will undoubtable be used in the latest anti-gun Bullshit "statistical analysis of crime" under the column of "Death of Family Member due to handgun Violence".  Its not handgun violence but once the HCI(Brady campaign) words things (along with the Violence Policy Center) these particular cases will be used with a negative connotation in their often quoted BS reports.

I'm sure they wouldn't tell the dumb masses that half of their statistics don't add up, and the rest are fabricated, or mislabeled as with the above scenario.

Just my .02

BRADY CAMPAIGN & SARAH BRADY [50]

edited to properly shoot the correct people
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top