Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2008 9:45:41 AM EDT
I'm talking to a friend of mine who has been a die hard liberal her whole life.  She was a Hillary supporter more for the girl power thing more than anything, but even then was thinking of jumping ship to McCain.  She hates Obama with a passion, and picking Palin sealed the deal for her and after last night she went from a timid McCain supporter to a DAMN PROUD one.  

She goes to NYU, and says there are a LOT like her, but most do not want to admit it in public because they feel that Obama is the "in" candidate to support.  Expect a LOT of McCain support behind the drawn curtain of the voting booth, so says she.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 9:47:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I thought this thread was going to be about going from Glocks or XDs to S&W
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 9:48:45 AM EDT
[#2]
I thought this was going to be about Smith & Wesson.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 9:52:31 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Me too
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 10:28:35 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

+3
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 10:32:17 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+3

Same.

I certainly hope there are many more like her, that don't want to be "racist" to their friends but don't want Obama being president.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 10:57:56 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+3

Same.

I certainly hope there are many more like her, that don't want to be "racist" to their friends but don't want Obama being president.

it's not a race thing, it's just a culture thing.  NYU is a VERY liberal school, and it's perceived that if you support McCain or any other R you will be ostracized very quickly.  I don't know that this means McCain will carry NY (though maybe the PUMAs will swing it, who knows) but if NYU has a bunch of closet McCain voters, i'd imagine there are a lot more out there across the country
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top