Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/3/2008 9:13:15 PM EDT
What's the law on this? Does she have to get it within a certain time frame?

I don't want to be that guy that just throws it all on the road but damn this is pissing me off. I took the day off work so she could come get it and now she says she doesn't have anywhere to put it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 9:14:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Curb.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 9:15:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Rent a small storage spot, put her stuff in it and give her the bill for a months payment.

She either finds room or the storage place makes room.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 9:15:31 PM EDT
[#3]
curb and change locks
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 9:15:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Rubbermaid giant tubs with covers are cheap.  Makes it easy to drop it off somewhere and/or quick and painless when she finally comes to get it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 9:15:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Rent a small storage spot, put her stuff in it and give her the bill for a months payment.

She either finds room or the storage place makes room.

This
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 9:16:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Curb.

Kick it there
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 9:16:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Craigslist.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 9:16:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Why did you guys break up?
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 9:17:31 PM EDT
[#9]
30 days then sell.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 9:18:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Dump it here
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 9:19:10 PM EDT
[#11]
I found a storage for $50 that all her stuff will fit in so I'm thinking that may be the best option.

Link Posted: 9/3/2008 9:19:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Remove it with FIRE!!!!!!!!  
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 9:19:41 PM EDT
[#13]
bonfire
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 9:20:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Why should you have to pay to store her stuff? Call her and say she has 30 minutes till you throw it to the curb.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 9:21:01 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Because of crap like this.

Now she won't answer my calls or text me about it. I'm guessing she just wants me to do it for her or something.

Either that or she is just not really wanting to get out yet. She's the one that left too that's why I don't know why she is being so difficult about this all of the sudden.

This was an realatively ameanable break up and I really don't like being an asshole but she sure knows how to bring it out in me.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 9:23:19 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because of crap like this.

Now she won't answer my calls or text me about it. I'm guessing she just wants me to do it for her or something.

Either that or she is just not really wanting to get out yet. She's the one that left too that's why I don't know why she is being so difficult about this all of the sudden.

This was an realatively ameanable break up and I really don't like being an asshole but she sure knows how to bring it out in me.

Because she is a woman.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 9:24:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Want to make her miserable?

Don't press the issue for a while.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 9:25:03 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

ewwwww I like it.

ETA: But do I do with it in the meantime?
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 9:25:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Dont drop a dime for her...put the stuff on the curb, leave her a voice mail and a text message, and be done with it...
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 9:25:42 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

For a while?

Hell, cease all contact. Change number and locks.

I love this method. Worked great twice!
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 9:27:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Drop it off at her moms on the porch, and take pics of
the crap before u leave.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 9:28:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Don't pay money for storage and expect her to pay you back.

I like the "leave it on her porch" approach, though she'll work very hard to make sure she doesn't know about it until after, so she can report the stuff stolen and sue you and thus stay in your life a few minutes longer.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 9:28:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Depending on the circumstances....

I like the rental storage.  Give her the key after paying one month.  It's her stuff, her problem.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 9:30:16 PM EDT
[#24]
I don't know how storage rental works....but wouldn't the storage place just hassle you for the next payments?
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 9:31:22 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I don't know how storage rental works....but wouldn't the storage place just haggle you for the next payments?

I think that if you don't pay it they cut the lock and impound your stuff till you pay. If you don't pay they have a yard sale.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 9:31:44 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Don't pay money for storage and expect her to pay you back.

I like the "leave it on her porch" approach, though she'll work very hard to make sure she doesn't know about it until after, so she can report the stuff stolen and sue you and thus stay in your life a few minutes longer.

The money spent for the storage is better than the heartache they bring with falsehoods of stolen or missing items.

Document, store, never speak to her again.

The moms porch thing sounds good too but I wouldn't want to converse with the parents if i didn't have too.

Link Posted: 9/3/2008 9:32:39 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I don't know how storage rental works....but wouldn't the storage place just haggle you for the next payments?

I think that if you don't pay it they cut the lock and impound your stuff till you pay. If you don't pay they have a yard sale.

Precisely.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 9:34:52 PM EDT
[#28]
If you put it in storage and pay for a month, likely it will end up getting impounded and sold when she fails to remove it or pay for another month.  Then she'll forever blame you....

At least this is what I've seen happen.  If she was a go-getter she'd have already gotten her stuff and moved on with her life (or perhaps she wouldn't have been kickable to the curbable in the first place)

Give it all to her mom.

Link Posted: 9/3/2008 9:36:08 PM EDT
[#29]
PORCH!!!! seriously. you're over it!!!
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 9:37:00 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
If you put it in storage and pay for a month, likely it will end up getting impounded and sold when she fails to remove it or pay for another month.  Then she'll forever blame you....

At least this is what I've seen happen.  If she was a go-getter she'd have already gotten her stuff and moved on with her life (or perhaps she wouldn't have been kickable to the curbable in the first place)

Give it all to her mom.

She lives with her mom. And you hit it right on the head. She isn't a go getter and that is exactally why we r not together. This just cements in my mind why I am not with her anymore.

ETA: I'm just curious what the law is on this kind of thing. i don't want to get phucked because of something stupid. My job depends very much on me not getting in trouble.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 9:43:18 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Drop it off at her moms on the porch, and take pics of
the crap before u leave.

+1  If you don't have pics, then you might get sued.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 9:44:47 PM EDT
[#32]
EE it
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 9:45:54 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Remove it with FIRE!!!!!!!!  

FTMFW!
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 9:51:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Pack all of it up and ring the doorbell to her mom's place.  Make sure there is a huge black dildo on top of the box and let her know that she can have her shit back, and that you found this while cleaning out her shit.  

Then wait for the reaction on her face...
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 9:53:27 PM EDT
[#35]
FedEx it all to her--COLLECT!
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 10:06:14 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ewwwww I like it.

Leave it at your new girlfriend's  house.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 10:07:51 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Yep.

A storage rental contract is much like a month-to-month rental agreement, with ALL the hassles, including cleaning deposits. The person who rents the space is liable for payment, even if someone else's stuff is in there.

ETA

'Haggle' should be 'hassle.' Haggle means arguing, bartering, etc. Hassle means creating trouble.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 10:11:52 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ewwwww I like it.

Unless you have a pressing need to remove the stuff from your place; wait a month and then send her a registered lettter to the effect that he has 30 days to remove all of her crap or you will consider it to be abandoned property which will be donated to charity.

So first you get to be the nice guy; and then later, you get to kick her in the ass.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 10:14:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Put her stuff in contractor bags and leave it by the curb.  Tell her she has until garbage night to come and get her stuff!

Oh yeah, if you really want to have fun, mix up some garbage with the contractor bags but not with her stuff.  Remember, revenge is a dish best served cold!
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 12:54:40 AM EDT
[#40]
You can probably be held responsible for her stuff

pack it up and deliver it to her mom\her house if

she won't come and get it.  If you rent a storage

unit from a keep-the-key(big franchise)they will

likely put YOUR ss# on it instead of using hers
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 1:06:14 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ewwwww I like it.

Unless you have a pressing need to remove the stuff from your place; wait a month and then send her a registered lettter to the effect that he has 30 days to remove all of her crap or you will consider it to be abandoned property which will be donated to charity.

So first you get to be the nice guy; and then later, you get to kick her in the ass.

+1

Also note in the letter that it has been 30 days since she left.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 1:18:40 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
30 days then sell.

General idea, but you better learn and follow the law in your state.  Abandoned property, usually needs to be kept for more than 30 days, then disposed off in the manner called out by law.  You may have to advertise in the paper of record, and in some sates, since you know who it belongs to, you might have to retain the money to transfer to her.

Do it wrong and learn to love a civil lawyer.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 1:52:47 AM EDT
[#43]
get a couple of friends to go with you and take it to her moms.Have her parents go through it with you and check off on everything being there.mayeb even have her mom sign a reciept or something.This gives you two people for a witness and a signed reciept that you delivered the stuff to her parents. She could very well be leaving it at your house to keep some sort of attachment to you in hopes of getting back together.Women play games!!!!,they play screwed up crazy games and you cant win .Just get rid of it in a safe way that covers your ass,change your door locks and start dating her younger sister.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 2:25:03 AM EDT
[#44]
call her mom and tell her mother to come collect it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 2:35:24 AM EDT
[#45]
Send her a text message telling her not to get in any hurry to come get the stuff. Your new girlfriend is using some of it, and want's to know if she want's to sell it.

Ex will be knocking on your door in 15 minutes demanding her stuff....
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 2:43:52 AM EDT
[#46]
If she was good enough to screw she is good enough to be treated with courtesy.  Do the right thing and get some containers and pack her stuff properly and drop it off at a safe location.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 3:03:08 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
I found a storage for $50 that all her stuff will fit in so I'm thinking that may be the best option.

FAIL!

Sell in on Craigslist & buy ammo!
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 3:05:32 AM EDT
[#48]
I'd send her a certified, signature required letter, saying she has 30 days to come pick it up or you will donate it to a local charity
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 3:13:34 AM EDT
[#49]
damn it, i cant say what i want to
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 3:16:38 AM EDT
[#50]
If you arranged a time (even a whole DAY) for her to come pick it up and she did not, put it on the curb.  You made an effort for her to gather her belongings.  She failed to do so.  That is not your problem.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top