Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/4/2001 11:37:15 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 11:45:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I voted "go for it", but my intuition tells me that if you're looking for approval before you get it - it'll probably never happen.

That's right... I'm calling you a chicken.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 11:50:44 AM EDT
[#2]
if you have to talk yourself into anything, you don't want to do it deep down.

no one would have to talking me into buying a humvee, or deuce and a half.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 11:51:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I say get it...however Dolomite is correct...if you really want it you would have already got it or be going to get it.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 12:02:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I managed to spend 7 yrs, 2 months and 26 days on active duty without once being drunk enough to find the need for a tattoo.

If you get one be certain to have your current girlfriend's name included - that way you'll be able to remember her forever !
[:D]
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 12:08:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Same answer I give every time someone starts this thread:

(A) No one's business but yours
(B) The fact that you asked means you're not ready for it.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 12:47:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I got one in Pensacola, FL in 1969. I still have it and will always have it. If I had it to do over again I wouldn't get one. John
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 1:08:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I got one in Pensacola, FL in 1969. I still have it and will always have it. If I had it to do over again I wouldn't get one. John
View Quote

And I was born 7 years later....[:D]

Michael
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 1:13:13 PM EDT
[#8]
A fed perspective, tattoos are better than fingerprints.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 1:19:02 PM EDT
[#9]
dude!!! getitgetitgetitthatwouldtotallyrock!!
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 1:23:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 1:29:24 PM EDT
[#11]
I wish you would re-consider the bar code tatoo, and possibly consider getting those sassy yet sexy "cat's eyes" on your lower back.  

And just think, you'd be the "talk of the base" if and when you join the rangers.  You may even start a trend. [:D]
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 1:36:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Styles change, and what you think is cool now WILL NOT bee in 20 years when you are trying to be adult and "respectable."
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 3:45:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 3:59:08 PM EDT
[#14]
I have tats, and my belief has always been, "want what you get, and get what you want"

Mine are all original, not "cookie cutter"... nothing irratated me more than when I was a 29 Palms CA going to comm school and every other Marine out of Boot Camp got the same tattoo in one of three sizes... the globe, with the dagger through it.  Geez!  Tattoos are supposed to represent the individual... now, I never saw your first post, and I think the barcode could be cool, but everyone will think you are trying to be one of the "genetically engineered" super soldiers from the TV show "Dark Angel". I would recommend NOT getting the Drivers license number, cause if you go to another state and change your driver's license...you could get a different number. only number that would make sense would be SSN.  

Now as for the military looking down on your tattoo.. never happen unless it's some woosy "loveme" thing.  I saw many Recon types at the beach that had name, blood type, and SSN tattooed on the side of their chest on the left side a la WWII SS troops.  

I have been considering two more tats for awhile. When I worked Downtown Detroit Security, I considered getting a bracelet tattooed under my watchband of name, blood type and SSN.  Figured if I was in an accident or taken to a hospital, someone would have already stolen my wallet... and the other is a tat to commemorate my daughter....cause she'll ALWAYS be my daughter. Told the wife years ago before we got married, her name would never be tattooed.

Do what you want....just "ake sure you get what you want and want what you get."

No_Expert
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 5:23:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Get what you want.. It is a free world and you can wear a long sleve shirt to cover it up if you so desire. I find that people are not so narrow minded that they hold it against you anyway.

Ropes
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top