Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/4/2001 10:38:10 AM EDT
I was thinking about getting a tattoo but I was thinking about the religious aspects of it. The only one I could find was in reference to painting the body for a worship of another god..and for the life of me I cant remember the chapter & verse

but what do you all think..

I am getting the Tattoo I was just wondering how everyone else views this.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 10:50:02 AM EDT
[#1]
tattoos have a pagans origin I have stayed away from them.  Hey I'll take a tin foil hat though[):)]
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 10:50:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't like tattoos.  Especially on women.  A lot of women have tattoos on the small of their back... yuk.  Just my humble opinion.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 10:51:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Personally, I think of my body as a perfect creation and a wonder that God gave me, so I don't want to desecrate it.

As to your beliefs, I don't know, I say to each his own.  I don't think it is necessarily right, but everybody must decide on their own.
If you believe in the Bible, get on your knees and pray, and you will get an answer.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 10:59:08 AM EDT
[#4]

I got two tat's. Wisdom was given to me beforehand stating that whatever you get put them someplace easily hidden. It's hard to take someone seriously in a business situation if you are staring at nekked lady with her legs spread out on some guys forearm.

Link Posted: 12/4/2001 11:02:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Burn, I believe this is what you were reffering too.
"Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD" (Lev. 19:28).
View Quote

Make of it what you will.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 11:06:40 AM EDT
[#6]
No tattoo...Human skin is not a canvas.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 11:13:54 AM EDT
[#7]
I have 2 tattoos, a very small unicorn on my right wrist that I had put on 20 years ago, and a bracelet of shamrocks around my left ankle. I took a lot of flack after having my wrist done. Twenty years ago "nice" girls didn't have tattoos.  I would do it again today, I love my ink. I am going for another this year on my 40th birthday. I have learned over the past twenty years though to put them where I can cover them.
My husband has rode a Harley since '71 and he has no ink but doesn't mind mine. Just get an original piece. Anyone can have flash.
Lori
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 11:20:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Ruckus thats what I remember but it is in with other versus before and after.....I dislike when some one quotes a vers and takes it out of context with the chapter...I belive the chapter is own pagan worship not just doing it but doing it for worship purposes is wrong.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 11:24:36 AM EDT
[#9]
I dislike large and numerous tatoos.  Small, tasteful ones on women are hot though - especially on the breast.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 11:37:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Mamm did the perpetrator have any identify-ing marks or tatoos.

Second point just goto an old folks home and ask to see some 80 year old spunker tatoo and how hot she looks now.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 11:39:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Either the body is a temporary vessel for a soul, in which case, what you do to it won't matter,

or,

its a one-time use type deal, sort of like a hand grenade, in which case, what you do to it won't matter.

I predict that you won't get one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top