Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2001 5:10:05 AM EDT
what would you choose, i don't mind hitting the ground, rolling around and crawling throung horible stuff in coverals, they're made to get dirty.

bdu have more pockets, but for tac stuff you're strapping everything on anyway.

OffRoad
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 5:11:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Issue nomex flight suits kick ass.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 7:35:37 AM EDT
[#2]
In the real world, a one piece suit sucks.  It's harder to crap in the field.  It's harder to take your shirt off to do labor or just cool off.  It's WAY harder to crap when you have cold weather gear on over it.  

The Tanker coveralls wouldn't be too bad, as at least they have a trap-door.  

Flight suits rip pretty easy (at the seams), but they dry fast.

Those German Flecktar coveralls are well made.  They're tough, roomy, enough pockets for what you need pockets for, and a cool color.  

If you're only using it for short duration, coveralls are fine.  If you need something that you can get in and out of quickly, they make great sense.  If you're going to actually be in the field in them for more than a day or two, a two piece is the better way to go.

Ross
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 5:43:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Seeing your title, the latrine problem came right to mind.  While winter camping last year, I made the mistake of wearing a coverall because I thought it would be warmer. Well it was until I had to go #2.  Needless to say I'm glad I packed an extra pair of pants.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top