Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/4/2001 4:57:26 AM EDT
i've worn both and i like the canadian ones better. your still camo , and the butttons on the bdu's are bigger so you can open them with mits on. they're cheaper to buy here too. i've been on manhunt with my friends in various clothing and we alwways agree that the US look like pajamas, while the CAN look like a uniform.

plus plian green won't fade as noticably as camo, which will fade kinda quick.

CAN pants have a strorm flap that tucks inot your boot when you put them on, then the other outer parts ties like normal. our pockets (on jacket and pants) are huge.

OffRoad

Link Posted: 12/4/2001 5:08:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
...i've been on manhunt with my friends in various clothing...
View Quote

Is that the same thing as cross-dressing and cruising gay bars?

[Edited to add something funnier]
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 5:13:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 5:13:49 AM EDT
[#3]
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccckkkkk you cockbreath.

manhunt is NOT gay bars, i'm seriously offended you even called me gay (yeah you hit a nerve, better exploit it).

it's like paintball, but we play 24 hrs a day. and we don't have paintball guns cause we have better things to spend $$$$ on.

go suck a donkey off you geek.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 5:16:41 AM EDT
[#4]
thta's true CAN bdu's are pretty thin. and the US ones are thicker. but usually i just wear long johns and that keeps me warm, i haven't worn them for my country but ihave beennin the same thing for 4 days while doing farm work in between playing games. socks??? i don't want to think about that smell... lol

OffRoad
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 5:29:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccckkkkk you cockbreath.

manhunt is NOT gay bars, i'm seriously offended you even called me gay (yeah you hit a nerve, better exploit it).

it's like paintball, but we play 24 hrs a day. and we don't have paintball guns cause we have better things to spend $$$$ on.

go suck a donkey off you geek.
View Quote

So I take that to be a yes, my gay Canadian friend?[;)]

(You really should look up the word geek. In the US a geek is someone who says: "it's like paintball, but we play 24 hrs a day. and we don't have paintball guns cause we have better things to spend $$$$ on.")

Good luck. Hope you find that "man" you're looking for...
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 5:31:44 AM EDT
[#6]
wahtever, i think you're just kidding with me.

i don't know what's going on murphy, we've never had a problem before, why are you all of a sudden jumping all over me. i never implyied you were gay.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 5:34:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Lighten up guy, it's a joke. No hard feelings.
You have to admit though, you openned yourself up to this one with the:

"manhunt is NOT gay bars, i'm seriously offended you even called me gay (yeah you hit a nerve, better exploit it)."

I couldn't help myself.
Sorry.[:)]

Link Posted: 12/4/2001 5:36:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 5:37:47 AM EDT
[#9]
yeah whatever, i smiling now too. it's just with the gay thing, the rational part of my brian shuts off (lousy brain) and i get all stupid and swearing, it's ok.

i'm alright, you're alright

:)

OffRoad
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 5:38:28 AM EDT
[#10]
[:)] I just couldn't help it.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 5:41:17 AM EDT
[#11]
thbak you for not locking my thread striker.

i promise to bash myself into unconsicness (sp? definatly) by forehead  to computer desk contact before posting such inappropriate material again.

OffRoad
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 5:42:15 AM EDT
[#12]
it's cool murphy, no hard feelings.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 6:32:36 AM EDT
[#13]
LOL!!!

Damn, coffee on the keyboard again!

This gets my vote for thread of the week.  
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 7:30:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 8:28:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
i've been on manhunt
View Quote

The Canadian military must be even more tolerant than outr "dont ask dont tell" policy? Don't worry offroad, Mr. Right will come along some day.

I hear the latest thing in Canadian BDU's is the CADPAT pattern, but it is heavily restricted.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 9:18:06 AM EDT
[#16]
don't start....

i just into it with murphy about that.

mods could you please nail him, i would , but there'd be an awful mess to clean up.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 10:57:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
please nail him, i would , but there'd be an awful mess to clean up.
View Quote

Ummm, Dude,
Talking about wanting to nail guys is what got you into this mess ...
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 11:42:39 AM EDT
[#18]
[img]http://www.pixyland.org/peterpan/Imagezs/peter_flies2_adj_680h.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 11:46:21 AM EDT
[#19]
NOTHING IS GOING IAN'S WAY TODAY!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS SUPOSED TO BE RELAESE FROM THE CRAPPYNESS OF MY LIFE, INSTEAD, IT IS A CONTUATION OF IT!!!!

CAPS LOCK off now.

come on guys, give me a break, now you'll find a way to twist that around, if you want to bully, then fine i can stand up to you guys, just be nice or be meaner than hell just both.

OffRoad
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 11:47:33 AM EDT
[#20]
noname i didn't know you had such non-flattereing pics of yourself.

that sure as hell ain't me.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 11:53:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
noname i didn't know you had such non-flattereing pics of yourself.

that sure as hell ain't me.
View Quote

Isn't that the "plain green" canadian BDU's? I always pictured Canadians like that myself.

Fun thread you started BTW.

[;)]

Shawn
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 11:57:12 AM EDT
[#22]
don't start svr
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 12:29:02 PM EDT
[#23]
[:D] [:D] [:D]
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 2:37:17 PM EDT
[#24]
LOL!!!
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 3:21:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
yeah whatever, i smiling now too. it's just with the gay thing, the rational part of my brian shuts off ....
OffRoad
View Quote

So, who's this "brian" fella?
A special friend?
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 3:35:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Was it boy george or village people that had the song "manhunt" ????
[img]www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/nogood.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 3:39:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Canadian BDU?
Huh,..Oh you guys have an Army?
I'm sorry, I didn't notice with all the support you're giving US since 9/11.
When the Canadians stop debating and make a decision, post it here.
Many of us would like to know if your with US or not.
Wait, maybe you already have and we couldn't care less.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 3:50:07 PM EDT
[#28]
you guys are lots of fun, i'm jamming to kid rock so say whatever you wnat.

we have an army. i was waiting for the draft but it never happened. from what i've heard we kicked your asses and then handed tehm to you during war games.

CAN and some troops vs US and some tanks. We come and talk to you guys, you're all jumpy in the woods with your guns and such. we agrre to sstart the game the next day. we leave, you back to you compound, later that night, we come back (oddly enought ewe forget to tell you first) and sabotage all your tanks. we leave, you come out the next day and start up your big rigs, they blow all to hell, you're all declared dead cause you were alleither in the tanks or within a 100 feet of it. the judges declare you all dead. we come out and laugh our asses off. man, you guys....

CANADA vs. US never gets old..... heheheheheh

to mods: i'm just goofing with these guys.

bring it on, i got a truckload of nomex!!!

OffRoad
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 3:54:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Thanks for the great topic it is very funny my eyes are watering................ i knew that it was too cold up there, now i am sure it is....[:D] [;D]
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 4:16:46 PM EDT
[#30]
oh it's f*ckin' freezing up here hahahahahahaha

OffRoad
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 12:28:13 PM EDT
[#31]
The Canadian army is nice; I have served with them a few times in a few 'places'. However, I think most of us would rather hear the story about their prowess from someone who doesn't have to start the story with. "From what I heard..."

...this one time, at band camp...

High Performance Tactical Gear!
[url]www.Lightfighter.com[/url]

Link Posted: 12/23/2001 9:46:58 PM EDT
[#32]
AMEN!! What Lightfighter said! If you arent serving or havent served...dont tell others stories! BTW, I too have played with our northern friends a few times...good bunch of troops. Milcop out.
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 10:24:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Now in all seriousness OffRoad:

I love Canada, but lets get real.  The last time  the Canadian government sent an armored column to put the Indians in their place, the armored vehicles broke down.  In addition, the Snowbirds do not constitute an Air Force.  As far as uniforms go, the old OD rip-stops from Vietnam were the most comfortable.  They reissued them in the mid 80’s at FT. Hood for Honduras.
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 5:13:58 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 6:10:06 AM EDT
[#35]
I was at the BX the other day and purchased a Camo 'boonie' hat. I nearly crapped myself when I read the tag inside...made in China. Thanks to Klinton and pals, their making primo US missle guidance systems...I guess I shouldn't feel so bad about the Commie fucking hat!
                                     Gib
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 6:13:31 AM EDT
[#36]
noh doot aboot it..... deez canajun hosers are pretty testy, eh? :D
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 6:18:44 AM EDT
[#37]
I have worked with the Canadian Army (Germany, NATO).  I'll say this for them, they really come up with solid solutions to common problems.  For example, while the US Army was looking for a scout bike (Kawasaki 250 in 1988), the Canadians went a different route.  On one field exercise, I noticed MOUNTAIN BIKES slung on the rear gate of their APCs.  While our "scouts" were tearing up the country side in LOUD enduros, the Canadians solved the problem, silently, for about $500.  The US Army bikes were so lout, you had to wear a special noise-cancelling helmet just to hear.  So much for "scouting."
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 6:45:40 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Now in all seriousness OffRoad:

I love Canada, but lets get real.  The last time  the Canadian government sent an armored column to put the Indians in their place, the armored vehicles broke down.  In addition, the Snowbirds do not constitute an Air Force.  As far as uniforms go, the old OD rip-stops from Vietnam were the most comfortable.  They reissued them in the mid 80’s at FT. Hood for Honduras.
View Quote

Actually Canada committed 2 battleships,a squadron of CF18's and a battalion of infantry. After you figure in the US/Canadian exchange rate you will be getting
2 canoes
6 Mounties and
a bunch of flying squirrels.[:D]
View Quote

LOL.  Tell you what.  I got stuck in Canada on 911.  Truly, the only country that can be trusted.  God bless Canada!
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 8:28:21 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 9:40:55 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 7:54:32 PM EDT
[#41]
I have never seen Canadian uniforms offered as surplus to us Yanks.

I suppose it has something to do with Clinton, most stuff does. Weird that I can find Czech desert pattern but no Canadian monochrome or cammie in the States
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top