Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2001 9:09:28 PM EDT
I saw an AR15 in here that was red white and blue , it was geting alot of bad feed. I use that company , and I am very happy with them ! I know a lot of gun shops and class 3 dealers , and they all send guns to them . my question is  WHO do you guys use ? Thanks ED
Link Posted: 3/8/2001 10:38:18 AM EDT
[#1]
When I came to Florida in '85 I needed a rifle
for the sailboat. I picked up a ak and 6 mags
at a gun show. Even though I kept it wet with
oil it started to rust. About '90 I broke it
down for a major cleaning. It was horrible!
I took it up to Checkmate and when I walked in
I knew I had been steered right. The office
also doubled as the assembly room and there
on the back wall were 30 or so ak's in hard chrome and bead blasted. As I stood there waiting my turn a UPS truck drove up and left
100 .50 Desert Eagles. Two weeks later I picked
up my ak and mags and they were like brand new.
In '93 we had the "No Name Storm" and I had
4ft. of salt water in the house. I had to take
in my S&W .41 magnum. One week later I got it
back and it was flawless, and the trigger was
greatly improved. I have taken all sorts of
beaters to them and they have brought them
back to life and so have many of my dealer
friends.
Link Posted: 3/9/2001 5:01:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like they have good repeat business,  repeats say much about a company. I think the fellas were clowning on the color scheme of the rifle.

Link Posted: 3/9/2001 5:07:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Hangfire wrote:
"The office also doubled as the assembly room and there on the back wall were 30 or so ak's in hard chrome and bead blasted."

HF,

I'm just curious how the Hard Chrome on your firearm is doing. I had a Full Compensated Colt 1911 with a Brushed Hard Chrome  finish, after about three yaers the finsih began to show signs of deterioration, the chrome has what looks like pepper flakes in it. I was told this is normal. I really want to try Black Hard Chrome or a NP3 finish for my IPSC guns.

How's your hard Chrome weathering?
Link Posted: 3/9/2001 10:11:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Checkmate did a Commander for me five years ago that still looks great, no sign of wear or black specks.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top