Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/3/2001 8:41:01 PM EDT
This according to Anti-Taliban, Pro-American forces.

[url]http://www.iht.com/articles/40678.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 8:47:53 PM EDT
[#1]
C'est la guerre.  
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 9:05:30 PM EDT
[#2]
That is how we treat all of our "friends".
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 9:09:14 PM EDT
[#3]
That's why it's called WAR!
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 9:10:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Horrible.  But it's the Taliban's fault.  If they gave a $hit about their people we'd never have had to drop any bombs.

[rocket]
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 9:52:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Too bad.  Shit happens.  If they'd been able to overthrow the Taliban without our help, it wouldn't have happened.
I don't particularly care though.  Our mission isn't to "help the Afghan people," it's to dismantle a government that is helping our enemies.
Imbroglio is particularly hilarious in his comment however, since he has been harping on how the NAs are bad guys and shouldn't be our friends...and now of course, he is lamenting how poorly we treat our "friends."
The truth is, the NA isn't our friend, they just happen to be a short term ally that we're using.  They know it and we know it.
Perhaps the only people who DON'T know it are the muttonheads that keep posting ridiculous crap on this (and other) message boards, and perhaps the media.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 4:16:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Well, if the new york times, being the fine respectable objective news organization that it is, says that we are intentionally killing civilians for no good reason, it MUST be true.  therefore, I will now vote libertarian, because if they were in power, we wouldn't be doing ANYTHING, and the children would be safe (other people's children, that is, we aren't allowed to protect our own if that would entail going beyond our borders).
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 4:20:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Who cares what the Taliban has to say?
(Except maybe to better understand the misinformation that is rampant on "the arab street".)
Why would anyone post what the Taliban has to say?
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 5:21:22 AM EDT
[#8]
GOOD!!!!!  A few hundred down and 1.2 BILLION to go!  In as much as I consider moslems as the enemy, this is a good, if too small, start.

Civilians die in EVERY war.  Do you think we didn't kill them by the hundreds of thousands in WWII?  Who gives a rat's anus so long as it is not OUR civilians.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 5:44:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
GOOD!!!!!  A few hundred down and 1.2 BILLION to go!  In as much as I consider moslems as the enemy, this is a good, if too small, start.

Civilians die in EVERY war.  Do you think we didn't kill them by the hundreds of thousands in WWII?  Who gives a rat's anus so long as it is not OUR civilians.
View Quote

Wow, you're just exactly the type we need portraying "assault-rifle" owners. You think when Chuck Heston's term(s) are over you'd be willing to step up? I really wish we had more here at ar15.com with your attitude and a willingness to speak it.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 5:47:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 6:32:19 AM EDT
[#11]
These idiots need to go back and read their WWII history books again, Pacific theatre specifically.  Remember the B29 firebomb raids on Japan towards the end of the war???  Now [b]THAT[/b] was bombing civilians.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 6:49:14 AM EDT
[#12]
You're right Liberty of '76, How dare we bomb areas that support a terrorist network that killed over 3,000 US citizens. We should call ahead and make sure that all the "civilians" get out of where we will be bombing. After all it's not like the Taliban, Al-Quaida (sp), or osama bin laden were actually supported by the "civilains" of Afghanistan. Lord knows they just snuck in 1 day when the "real Afghanees" forgot to have their immigration service watching the border for troublemakers..........

Link Posted: 12/4/2001 7:27:27 AM EDT
[#13]
I will now vote libertarian, because if they were in power, we wouldn't be doing
ANYTHING, and the children would be safe (other people's children, that is, we aren't allowed to protect our own if that would entail going beyond our borders).--------I don't know where you picked this tripe up, maybe it is just a misunderstanding of the libertarian attitude toward not creating monsters through stupid foreign policy and to get your own house in order and not be the big brother to the world.
If someone started a war with a fully libertarian gov't, they would be in big trouble.
Read some L.Neil Smith and stay away from Harry Brown.....
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 7:36:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 9:04:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Since we are discussing a libertarian gov't....it is all fiction. But it is better to read MANY words on the subject instead of listening to Harry Brown---Who is the worst threat to the libertarian party.
Here's a real life example of good gov't...missiles in cuba---MOVE THEM or we start
throwing bombs. No focus groups on the feelings of cuban-americans or stop the fighting during
cuban holidays or having to go back and finish a
fight we were in ten years ago.......
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 9:11:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 9:59:21 AM EDT
[#17]
I am sorry perhaps you misunderstood my post.
My example had nothing to do with Mr. Smith.
I was only stating that the POTUS at the time seemed to tell them to go away and they did..
I do not see as to how those actions would have gotten you fried and I certainly would lose that example if you say that the pres. just rolled over and let them do whatever they wanted.

As for your last statement....sorry about your anger about sci-fi....but have you watched the news this week? We live in a sci-fi world.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 10:04:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 10:05:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Who cares if we are bombing civilians. The taliban bombs civilians all of the time. We need to just declare war and kill indiscriminately without all of this pussy crybaby whining about everything. They are the enemy and we are there to kill them.

Michael
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 10:09:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Once again after a lot of fire and smoke, two people on this board agree....that seems like the best example I could think of for handling a crazy situation..."You do not want to do this"

Ok we go home now......

here raf....have a beer....or tequila.
I am in mexico right now........
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 10:11:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 10:12:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Ponyboy....let me expound on your statement.
War is meant to make the other person stop what he is doing. When the shooting starts diplomacy should take a hike. Until you see a white flag.
Hit hard, hit repeatedly, and hit often.

Link Posted: 12/4/2001 4:49:56 PM EDT
[#23]
I detect the stench of sarcasm in a couple of replies here.

Disagree with me if you wish, it is your right, one I will defend.  But do at least have the courage to say what you mean.  I do.

My desire to see massive death and destruction of various moslem countries BEGAN 11 Sept.  Prior to that I was even willing to ignore the LIAR in Iraq.  That was changed by the action of OBL's idiots!  THEY started a war with US, WE need to end it!  War is a dirty business, people die, things get destroyed.  Hand wringing and whineing are out of place - let the enemy cry.  We did not start this so I have NO sympathy for the people who DID start it!  Most moslems have been anti-US for years and just grown braver as we have failed to stomp their ass into the sand.  11 Sept. is not the first time they have done this crazy crap, just the final straw that broke the back of US pussified response to such non-sense.

The citizens of Germany and Japan paid the price for allowing a government to start a world war.  The citizens of multiple moslem countries are now faced with the same choice.  Either bring their government into compliance with international standards of civilization or face the consequences.  Those who suuport barbarism will get to fight the war they want.  Those who want peace must work for it, maybe die for it, by forcing their "leaders" to behave.  These terrorists are not just a few international crimminals.  Not even common mass murders.  They are a disease that is rampant in moslem countries, supported by the government of said piss-ant countries.

If we fail to educate these vermin about just how horrible the price is for attacking US we will never again see peace, as every piss-ant bunch of thugs will step up and do US harm while hiding behind civilians.  The use of terrorists is the wave of the future as the governments of these piss-ant countries think we will not declare WAR on them if they let their lackeys do the deed.  Towel Band is getting a lesson about that error in thinking right now!

Anyone who thinks these vermin will stop just because we "play nice" is living in a dream world!!!  We will see how "nice" you want to play after the next attack - and there will surely be some, make no mistake about that!!  I just hope we have the stones to UP the level of violence to a level they will understand!  

The Japanese were certainly no cowards.  Yet, after Nagasaki they were unwilling to see their nation utterly destroyed nor their citizens suffer any more.  Smart folks.  We need to deliver the EXACT same message to the piss-ant vermin of the middle east.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 9:02:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:Who cares what the Taliban has to say?
(Except maybe to better understand the misinformation that is rampant on "the arab street".)
Why would anyone post what the Taliban has to say?
View Quote

This isn't the Taliban saying it. It is the Northern Alliance and the other anti-Taliban forces. Aka this is the people who want to kill the Taliban. Now if you want to kill the Taliban, assuming that they helped those who carried out the Sept 11, that is fine, but why must we bomb civilians? We have smart bombs, so why are we deliberately bombing civilians? The civilians weren't the one supporting the Taliban, they were more worried about staying alive.

That's assuming this story is true, and since it comes from the NYT, that is definitely in question. Of course the Pentagon is putting out propaganda too, so they can't be believe. Hell I don't know who to believe. Of course I don't understand why innocents who had nothing to do with 9/11 should be killed, but I guess I just have morals.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 9:11:53 PM EDT
[#25]
The first consideration has to be what is true, as you are aware.

Secondly, consider the NA are not our friends or good guys.  They are just helping themselves at the moment.  We will probably be at war with them in a few years.  These "proxy wars" always seem to come back and haunt US!

You need to get past the PC morality of killing civilians.  The ploy of the underdog piss-ants is always to appeal to America's inherent fairness to interfere with our accomplishing our objectives.  If you are unable to see the value of carrying the war to the civilians who are in part responsible, then at least learn to look the other way while the military does what is necessary.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 9:16:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 9:16:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Well said, Mickeymouse!!  If anyone thinks we are intentionally bombing civilians, they are wrong. Either the bombs strayed off target (often referred to as an "accident") or we have good reason to believe there is enemy in the area bombed. Maybe those civilians should stay away from the Taliban on their own from now on. If they can't, well that's war. We didn't start it.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 11:13:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Imbroglio is particularly hilarious in his comment however, since he has been harping on how the NAs are bad guys and shouldn't be our friends...and now of course, he is lamenting how poorly we treat our "friends."
View Quote

la·ment- To express grief for or about; mourn

I don't know how you get from my single sentence that I was crying for the NA. Graduate from Psychic Friend's Network did we?

What the hell is your problem anyway? You seem to just want to complain about almost every post I make.

If I came out saying the sky is blue, good old rikwriter would be there arguing that only anti-government types believe that because the sky is really green.
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 4:42:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I don't know how you get from my single sentence that I was crying for the NA. Graduate from Psychic Friend's Network did we?
View Quote

Backtracking from your snide comment so soon?  That was fast...

What the hell is your problem anyway? You seem to just want to complain about almost every post I make.
View Quote

No, just the ones that are either idiotic or false.  Granted, those ARE the majority, but...

If I came out saying the sky is blue, good old rikwriter would be there arguing that only anti-government types believe that because the sky is really green.
View Quote

No, I don't give a damn about your opinion on color coordination.  What I will call BS are your moronic statements about the war, which you have made repeatedly.  Such as the one in this thread, which you have yet to defend coherently.
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 5:10:57 AM EDT
[#30]
so what else is new
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 6:35:17 AM EDT
[#31]
Anybody else think that when the Taliban falls, the NA will ask the US to please remove all it's troops, thank you very much for letting us take over though? They are scumbags, not as scummy as the Taliban but definitely not the liberating angels the media seems to be trying to make them out to be.
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 3:54:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Rabbit, you are probably right.  I suspect they will wait a little while before giving US the boot - until we pour a few billion $$ into the bottomless pit.  Bet all the "moslem brothers" that have big bucks like Saudia Arabia will give them zilch.
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 4:10:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Okay, who has major problems with the US dropping (atomic) bombs on major Japanese cities during WWII?
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 4:12:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 4:20:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Not me!  I only regret we seem to have lost the will to use them when needed now!!

Which actually killed more; the A-bomb or the firestorms  from the incendiary raids in Tokyo and Dresden?
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 6:34:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Backtracking from your snide comment so soon?  That was fast...

View Quote

No, just the ones that are either idiotic or false.  Granted, those ARE the majority, but...

View Quote

No, I don't give a damn about your opinion on color coordination.  What I will call BS are your moronic statements about the war, which you have made repeatedly.  Such as the one in this thread, which you have yet to defend coherently.
View Quote

I can understand when one loses his way spiritually and turns to expressing oneself through lashing out in anger at others. I know it is very difficult to find the way back once one has strayed too far off of the path. I want to help you through your time of crisis.

I ask that all of the members here please join me in praying that you can find salvation. I am not well versed in the scriptures, but I am sure that garandman can give you some words of encouragement.

Don't give up all is not lost, we are all with you my friend.
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 6:50:15 PM EDT
[#37]
And again, nothing in that slightly funny flame defends the snide remarks you made about how "this is how we always treat our 'allies.'"
As usual, you make thoughtless comments and when called on them, you can't support them.
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 6:56:09 PM EDT
[#38]
You cannot continue to put up the barrier of aggression to hide your pain and striking out at me won't help in the long run. I truly want to help you find your way back to inner peace.
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 7:05:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Why don't you go find eternal peace?  Or at least go find yourself a piece of tail.
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 7:21:48 PM EDT
[#40]
I don't normally reach out to help those I don't even know, but I can sense from your responses the great amount of turmoil you are in. Please let us pray together to bring back balance.
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 7:34:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Ah, I see...you lack the courage for the former and the equipment for the latter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top