Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/3/2001 5:54:33 PM EDT
If I buy something off someone and they ship USPS priority with a tracking# and it shows recieved for shipping but no further updates for 4 days... I am assuming it is lost or stolen in the mail.
Question: The seller has recieved my payment, he has shipped the goods, but I have nothing. I realize the USPS has f**cked up but who should eat it? Dont say the post office cause I dont think that will happen.
This is more philosophical than anything, I just dont think it should be me, the buyer.
What say you all, members of the jury?
BP
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 5:58:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Priority mail does not having a tracking number!
Your only issued a number if the item was insured. You take that insurance code and if it was lost you file a claim.

John
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 5:59:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 6:03:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Be patient! All mail in and out of Florida is being hand checked for anthrax. I am still getting complaints about that CD deal.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 6:23:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If I buy something off someone and they ship USPS priority with a tracking# and it shows recieved for shipping but no further updates for 4 days... I am assuming it is lost or stolen in the mail.
View Quote

I've had their so-called [b]'2-3' day[/b] Priority Mail take 8+ days before, just be patient a few more days.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 10:28:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Be patient, when you ship USPS Priority, it takes longer than 1st class.  A few years back my wife sent a package USPS Priority and it took 7 full days to reach me in Dallas TX. Next time send 1st class, cheaper and quicker.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 5:41:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks, its really not been too long with the weekend and all. The question was more philosophical than anything.
I'm not very patient I guess...I want all, I want it now, and I want it for free!
Cheers,
BP
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 7:37:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Your only issued a number if the item was insured. You take that insurance code and if it was lost you file a claim.

John
View Quote

They do have a relatively new thing, believe it's called "delivery confirmation", has a (green & white ?) sticker with a tracking number on it.  You take a stub with you & check it on the internet.  No insurance included, that's separate like you say.

It is not a receipt like you get with certified mail but you can use it to find out what the USPS says happened.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 7:51:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

John
View Quote

They do have a relatively new thing, believe it's called "delivery confirmation", has a (green & white ?) sticker with a tracking number on it.  You take a stub with you & check it on the internet.  No insurance included, that's separate like you say.

It is not a receipt like you get with certified mail but you can use it to find out what the USPS says happened.
View Quote

Actually, they have had deliver confirmation for quite some time. All delivery confirmation is, is they show you a date, Zip code and time it was delivered. You can track it but it's not going to give you any tracking info until it gets to its destination. And that's all you get. In other words its not scanned in and tracked like Express Mail or Global Express Guaranteed is....It's simply as it's said "Delivery Confirmation."

Link Posted: 12/4/2001 7:51:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Mailed something out 11/20/01...

This is what I keep getting!!!!!!!!!!

[i]Delivery Status

You entered 0301 0120 0010 7771 6695

Your item was accepted at 4:38 pm on November 20, 2001 in BOONE, NC 28607. Status is updated every evening. Please check again later.[/i]  

[:(!]

At least I was SHIPPING it instead of receiving it...
[b][red][i]Libertas an Mortis![/b][/red][/i]

Link Posted: 12/4/2001 1:25:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Mtnpatriot thats what I was getting too. It showed up today though. Weeee. I guess I could use a bit more patience. It only took 4 business days. Now I just need the pistol to put the mags in!
I may have to pay retail.
Thanks for all the advice.
Cheers,
BP
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 1:35:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Larry Watson of Watson's Weapons once sent me a package via Priority Mail that took 17 days to reach me from the day of the postmark. It arrived in perfect condition and nobody will ever know what the hell it was doing for those two weeks it went AWOL.

But what are you going to do? Ship stuff via UPS so somebody can steal it?

Michael
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 2:02:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Larry Watson of Watson's Weapons once sent me a package via Priority Mail that took 17 days to reach me from the day of the postmark. It arrived in perfect condition and nobody will ever know what the hell it was doing for those two weeks it went AWOL.
Michael
View Quote

Thats what THEY WANT you to think, but believe me, they know.  They know everything!!  Jeez, dont you guys ever watch X-files?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top