Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/3/2001 10:09:31 AM EDT
What brand of boots do you like?

I got my first Justin brand boots today,I would not buy them for years cuz all I could find were the ones with the guy lil. do-dad over the tows.

I would alwas buy Hi-techs and Laredos but I think these will work out jut as well if not better.

I had a big long take about this at the story so way not here too[:D]

Who many of you guys buy boots insted of shoes and what brands?

BTW:if you don't like boots....sorry,I wish your Dad had played with you more..............mom's boy[:o)]
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 10:33:54 AM EDT
[#1]
[url]www.redwingshoe.com[/url]
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 10:40:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Danners!!
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 10:41:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Danners!!
View Quote

ditto the Danner
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 10:45:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Corcorans!!! (unless you're a leg!)

I got some Bates Enforcers, complete POS.  The heel cap ripped apart after only 3 DAYS, on both boots, and this was just wearing them around home/work to break them in, guess there broke now.  My friend had some at the same time and had the same problem.  We got issued Rocky's when I was in, and didn't like them much either.  I do like Danner & Matterhorn for cold weather.  I usually wear Leg boots, or Jungle in the summer.
I guess it depends on what you need them for.  When I was a Trailguide, working off a horse all day, I had a set of Golden Retriever Packers that I liked a-lot

AIRBORNE
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 11:09:02 AM EDT
[#5]
I like Danners, but I only try to buy the USA made ones ($$$). Almost all boots are made in China! Try to find some that ain't! Dang Chinese! I am buying some Danner Acadias soon.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 11:22:11 AM EDT
[#6]
wasn't this just on a couple months ago? the cycly continues.

prospectors for me. love em. gore-tex, thinsulate, can't beat em.

just bought us mil issue desert boots for summer boots. they're great and look good with khakis.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 11:33:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Danner=heaven for feet.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 12:29:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 12:52:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Cocran jump boots = sore feet (who the hell still jumps in them still anyways-they are only good for class A's !)
Cocran II = da bomb very comfortable and easy to shine up
Danner Acadia, or any danner boot is the greatest thing to happen to combat boots since jungle boots!
I was active duty so I think what I am talking about.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 1:31:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Get Timberline boots.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 1:55:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Pardon my ignorance (it hardly rains here in Socal, and I don't see any of that white stuff except on TV), what good does the insulation do?  Is it waterproofing or does it just keep your feet warm?
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 2:00:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 2:13:37 PM EDT
[#13]
big-bore,
What are you going to do with them. When I worked construction I swore by Red Wings. Knock around boots, Justin. Tactical boots, for me are always Rocky. I've tried Bates, Magnums, and Altima. I won't ever buy Bates or Magnums again. Did'nt last. Altimas were all right, just not Rocky's. If you can afford them Danner is hard to beat, however in my experience they don't last any longer than the top of the line Rocky's. I prefer the Rocky TMC. You might also consider Matterhorns, the poor mans Danner.
  By the way I also wear shoes, lots of them. and you know I never felt closer to my feminine side because of it! My tactical or work boots would look unusual in church. And they would feel like crap for my 2 mile runs!
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 2:18:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Luchesse.  Still hand sewn.  Try the goat skin.  Slipper-like comfort and under $180.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 2:21:42 PM EDT
[#15]
[url]http://www.llbean.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/CategoryDisplay?cgmenbr=1&cgrfnbr=14774&sc1=Search[/url]

I wear these things everyday with some Thorlo socks and they are the most comfortable, best fitting footwear I've ever owned.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 2:24:49 PM EDT
[#16]
[b]Rocky Eliminator![/b]

[img]http://www.rockyboots.com/new%20web/big%20images/B8032.JPG[/img]

I've had mine for over 7 years.  I just can't wear them out enough to justify a new pair.  When they do wear out, though, I will get the exact same thing again.  They are comfortable as hell, warm and waterproof.  I've walked through water and knee-deep snow and my feet stayed warm and toasty (with a good quality wool sock of course).
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 2:40:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Cocran jump boots = sore feet (who the hell still jumps in them still anyways-they are only good for class A's !)

I wore them nearly every jump, every march, and nearly every field problem.  They took a long time to break in, but once they were, They were fine. Maybe I just have the feet for them?  I was damn proud to wear them, and ten years later it still pisses me off to see some pogue a$$ REMF leg wearing them.  (Don't get me started on the Beret thing!)
AIRBORNE
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 3:39:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 3:48:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Rocky.  
[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1391821&a=12234609&p=57047528[/img].
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 4:00:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Rocky's
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 4:57:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Redwings for work, Rocky for hunting and hiking/shooting... multiple pairs of both makes, and worth the price.

Skunkabilly, the insulation provides temperature comfort, even in the summer, and has nothing to do with waterproofing. (Gore-tex is still the top willy pete option; stay away from Sympatex, a European knockoff using the same principles.) 400 grams of thinsulate is a good spring through fall weight, 800 for winter mobile activities, and the 1200-1600 weights are good for treestand hunting/ice fishing type pasttimes in extreme cold, with little or no movement on your part. My experience only, YMMV.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 5:22:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Lucchese goatskin ropers.  Manly footwear.

*Like all Texans Kikomax knows..."Still hand sewn. Try the goat skin. Slipper-like comfort and under $180."

After you've worn out five or six neoprene soles and the leather finally cracks just wrap a couple turns of racer tape and keep on goin'.  Sort'a like Don Johnson's H-D/Marlboro Man.

Oh yeah, and Lucchese peanut-brittle ostrich high-tops for Saturday night.  Love them 'Lukes.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 6:37:51 PM EDT
[#23]
I can't wear my Danner Acadias out.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 6:45:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Danners.....Best bang for the buck.  Last forever, and work great...
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 6:54:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 7:18:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
[b]Rocky Eliminator![/b]

[img]http://www.rockyboots.com/new%20web/big%20images/B8032.JPG[/img]

I've had mine for over 7 years.  I just can't wear them out enough to justify a new pair.  When they do wear out, though, I will get the exact same thing again.  They are comfortable as hell, warm and waterproof.  I've walked through water and knee-deep snow and my feet stayed warm and toasty (with a good quality wool sock of course).
View Quote

I have the same thoughts.  I have had 3 pair so far.  Best footwear I have ever owned.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 7:20:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Wesco Lineman's[img]http://www.boot.com/line1.gif[/img]
Hoffman Packer's
[img]http://www.madsens1.com/graphics/pacboot.jpg[/img]

And for the rest of the time romeo's[img]http://www.madsens1.com/graphics/romeo3.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 7:23:42 PM EDT
[#28]
I realy like my Rockys, Altamas, and my Durangos.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 7:40:00 PM EDT
[#29]
I have a pair of "Havana Joe" boots (lug soles, etc.) that are most comfortable for "tromping around", esp on nonpaved surfaces (grassy/sandy areas, etc.)  Wore them tromping around a bird refuge for 3-4mi last wknd w/girlfriend.

For western/"cowboy" boots I have some of the better quality Tony Lamas and Dan Posts. (My Dan P's have ostrich tips and ostrich heel covers - very tough, and doesn't scuff up from dusty floormat in my truck).  [Yes, I shine my boots 'til they glow in the dark. And I ArmorAll my tires. Just brought up that way ;-)]

But for *damn* comfortable western boots my basic Durangos can't be beat for comfort! These have a std. western boot heel (i.e., not ropers) but the rubber/composite sole & padding is easy on my feet & arches. They look traditional in that the sole/heel look don't look rubbery and in fact when shined up look  real good. For $70 not bad; the surfaces have an "oilskin" feel and seem to be pretty tough.
These are my muck-about boots for rainy weather.
Supposedly acid-resistant, etc. for those in "challenging" environments (i.e, a sh*tty barn).

-Bill Wiese
-San Mateo, CA
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 8:17:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 8:20:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Wesco Lineman's[img]http://www.boot.com/line1.gif[/img]
Hoffman Packer's
[img]
View Quote

1GUN -

We have similar tastes.

Wesco Lineman are great but for a more general purpose - Wesco Loggers.

NOTE - the way the leather and stiching is on the Wescos - the leather on the bottom comes up and over the leather on the top (as opposed to the more common - top over bottom). This is designed to increase the life span but not allowing sharp objects -sticks- to weaken the seam when they catch on the union of the two pieces.

Other GREAT boots -

Whites

Buffalo

Link Posted: 12/3/2001 8:30:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Ecco's  

$200 BoBo boots.

6 days backpacking in the mountains and not even a hint of a blister this summer.  Not bad, plus they still look good under dress slacks at work.  Can't beat 'em.

Link Posted: 12/3/2001 8:38:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Belleville for combat boots...

Danner for those crosstraining/light boots/shoes.
Cole-Hanne or Johnston&Murphy for going out boots.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 8:39:24 PM EDT
[#34]

ROCKY....I bought a pair of Cornstalkers about 10 years ago. I found out then that a good pair of boots are already "broke-in" when you buy them. I bought the new Cornstalker 2's only because I burnt the sole's off my old one's during a campfire that was invaded by assault bottles of Jim Beam.[:D] The new pair fit just like the old pair right out of the box.

Link Posted: 12/3/2001 8:40:46 PM EDT
[#35]
For oilfield work I go with Redwings, cause nobody makes boots better for that type of work.  As for workin/riding on the ranch I go with Olatha boots. They have 18 inch tops and a riding heel.  Best boots known to man.  Tony's, Justins, Naconas, Posts, Lukes, and all the others just don't hold up to work like olathas do.  In the winter i wear insulated redwings to hunt in.  In the summer I wear some handmade deerskin moccosins. (easyier to stalk with)
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 8:42:48 PM EDT
[#36]

Cochoran jumpers for Uncle Sam time.(broke-in of course)

Link Posted: 12/3/2001 9:12:16 PM EDT
[#37]
I guess I've been brainwashed by Babe of the Day.  I thought this was "best boobs".  Oh well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top