Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/3/2001 1:20:51 AM EDT
Sunday was the first time in years I got to actually do absolutely nothing but lay around in my underwear and nap. The wife had a few things she wanted to do but she got up and did them early and came back to hang out with me. It was really awesome and I am up bright and early, rested on Monday morning for work. I highly recommend it.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 1:28:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Since I got layed off, hell yes! There's nothing better I can think of for recharging the batteries.

In 1998 I worked 70-80 hours a week for about 18 months and at the end, I swear I was ready to have a breakdown. So, I took a week off, went up to Mendocino, slept for 3 days and relaxed for the rest.

Man, did I feel good after that. :)
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 1:46:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Regularly.

Work a four day week - 20:00p-06:30.  sometime I get busy during the day and don't sleep at all.  At the end of the week, I'll crash for 10-14 hrs.  Makes for a weird schedule at times.  Can be kind of hard explaining some things to your wife - "I know I slept through the party last night and I know I didn't get anything done around the house yesterday, baby, but I was dead tired, so I crashed.  I know it sounds funny, but I woke up at 03:30 and I knew my buddy would be heading to the lake and I didn't want to just sit here in front of the tube, so I really didn't have any choice but to go duck hunting......".

Tate

Tate  
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 2:21:00 AM EDT
[#3]
I work 1800-0600 5 days a week with 2 days off I would love to sleep one of my days off away but my 6 month old daughter comes first.  
John
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 3:52:13 AM EDT
[#4]
When I want to sleep I can't. When I want to be up and awake, I am sleepy. Must be psychological.

Tyler
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 4:03:17 AM EDT
[#5]
My body has decided that it likes to be awake for 19-20 hours and then sleep for 7.5-8 hours. Since it is rarely convenient to follow this schedule, I often sleep less than 4 hours per night (or day, depending on my schedule). Occasionaly this will catch up with me and I'll end up sleeping for 18-24 hours. So, if you don't see me at the AZ shoot, it's probably because I'm playing catch up.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 5:00:01 AM EDT
[#6]
When I was single, yes....And now that I am married with children....impossible.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 9:11:37 AM EDT
[#7]
In the immortal words of Peter Gibbons (actor Ron Livingston) from Office Space:

"I did nothing all day.  It was everything I thought it could be."

I want to live those words.  I have forgotten what it is like to be bored.  I want to spend some time reaquanting myself with that concept.  I want to create an entire language to describe the various forms of not doing anything, just as the Inuit have many words to describe snow.  I want to be so bored, that even after doing something interesting for hours, my boredom is sustained.  Well, that's my retirement dream!z
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 9:13:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Ooooh........nap time.......
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 9:19:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Yes when I had viral pneumonia in the Corp
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 9:33:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 12:30:47 PM EDT
[#11]
You know you're going to have a bad day when you wake up and realize you slept right through your nap.

Fred
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 2:36:05 PM EDT
[#12]
its a weird feeling when you go to sleep just before sunrise and wakeup at late-sunset. done this several times. espeicially when i worked 3rd shift for the USPS.

"non-postal vampiric" lib
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 2:46:24 PM EDT
[#13]
22 hours of uninterrupted slumber is my personal best, but that was after an especially gruelling round of chemotherapy

One plus though(about the only one), I didn't have to shave for 5 months.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top