Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/2/2001 10:16:40 PM EDT
Last night I found 8 boxes of this ammo in one of my ammo can I had forgotten about.  I had purchased this ammo back in mid to late 80's from a friend because my father had a 9mm pistol that had trouble feeding some JHP ammo.  I was told that BAT would feed in almost any pistol due to the ball profile and at that time these were considered to be "very good" self-defense ammo.  

Is this ammo still considered "very good" self-defense ammo compared to other high performance ammos that are available today?  Also, would you use this ammo for self-defense considering the age?  

Finally, are these ammo still made or imported?  I have not seen them in stores or gunshows in last several years.  
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 10:20:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Is the the hollow copper bullit with the cap on the nose? If so they stopped making and importing it, it's semi collectable.
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 11:24:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Even if it is still being made, it won't be imported because the atf ruled that it is "armor piercing".
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 1:27:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 2:48:20 AM EDT
[#4]
It shoots very,very accurately out of my Glock 17C.If don't want it I will trade you some +p+ Silvertip for it(2 for 1)and you could end up with twice as much ammo.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 9:01:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys.
I think I'll hold on to them just in case my wife wants a low recoil 9mm ammo in future.  I'm going to look some more this weekend because I think I should have several more boxes of this stuff somewhere.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top