Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/2/2001 8:57:35 PM EDT
Overcast skies @ 11:15 pm couple nights ago. Went outside my front door for a smoke, glance up to check the weather and there is this slowly-pulsating RED object overhead.
The thing was so obvious, no one looking up could have missed it---esp. since no aircaft could be seen due to the low heavy clouds.
I watched it hover for 3-4 minutes then I went inside for my binoculars.
When I came back
out, the object had slowly moved across the sky toward the east and was no longer pulsating. I watched it grow smaller and smaller through my binocs for a couple more mins. until it vanished from sight by heading up and out.
Red was the only color seen---no white, green, strobes, nothing. For it to be at least miles away from my position, there must have been a
tremendous
energy output to be seen so clearly and brightly. Airliners' headlamps emit a powerful white beam, but from a few miles away they are faint and yellow.

Finally, there was no sound from the object that I could detect.
THIS WAS NO HELICOPTER EITHER.

Any ideas ??????
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 9:01:22 PM EDT
[#1]
It was the mothership landing to take rosie back.

Actually, probably was a low flying general aviation aircraft flying at such an angle to you that you only saw the strobe.
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 9:03:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 9:04:00 PM EDT
[#3]
What exactly were you smoking?[):)]
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 9:05:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 9:12:21 PM EDT
[#5]
They had over 1000 people contact News9 last night to report the disintegrating object as it re-entered the atmosphere.  It was visible from Texas to Kansas

Benjamin
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 9:13:05 PM EDT
[#6]
The usaf also tested some missile witch was visable all over socal. the other night.
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 9:45:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Check Art Bell's radio show Monday evening.  I'm sure if anyone else saw the UFO, they will be talking about it.  Better yet, call in and tell Art all about your experience. [:D]

USPC40

-------------------------------------------------
[b][blue]NRA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.nra.org[/url]
[b][blue]GOA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.gunowners.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAF Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.saf.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAS Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.sas-aim.org[/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 11:25:31 PM EDT
[#8]
You shoulda shot it down.  Imagine the fame and fortune you could have achieved with just a few well-placed rounds!

Either that or they woulda fried you with their death-ray.
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 11:31:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Actually, probably was a low flying general aviation aircraft flying at such an angle to you that you only saw the strobe.
View Quote

No way, no how.
This was not any type of red strobe such as the ones mandated on all aircraft.  Much too large to be that anyway.  And a low flying gen. aviation aircraft just doesn't go almost straight UP and out of sight as a single red dot.
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 11:33:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What exactly were you smoking?[):)]
View Quote

Parliaments, thank you [:)]
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 11:40:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
On the news they reported that a Russian satalite reentered to crash in the pacific last night, it was clearly visible over the US as it reentered and burny up.
View Quote

That was my first thought....but, didn't I say it was in a hovering state, then a horizontal flight, then up out of sight?
Does ANYTHING, upon reentry, do this???
I think not.
I've seen many things burn up in our atmosphere. They have a predictable downward single flight pattern, trail debris and the sighting is over within a few seconds--if that much.
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 11:54:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The usaf also tested some missile witch was visable all over socal. the other night.
View Quote

I also saw a missile test but was out of Vandenburg AFB a few months ago. It was also an interesting thing to see.
There were three things I noticed about this missile: It went almost straight up, had a tail (from the spent fuel, of course), and for which it left a lingering streak of greenish colors behind.
But does a missile hover FOR SEVERAL MINUTES, go horizontal, then vertical??
Then first thing I had ruled out was: missile.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 12:02:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
They had over 1000 people contact News9 last night to report the disintegrating object as it re-entered the atmosphere.  It was visible from Texas to Kansas

Benjamin
View Quote

L.A. (Kalifornia--yeah THAT place) is nowhere near or in between Texas and Kansas, buddy [:)]
Are you sure you're replying to the right thread?
Once again, this was no reentry anyway.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 12:13:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You shoulda shot it down.  Imagine the fame and fortune you could have achieved with just a few well-placed rounds!

View Quote

Ahaaa, a movie buff...there's one in every crowd. Death-Ray is soooo '50s man!
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 12:19:36 AM EDT
[#15]
I believe ya... Kaliformia is a pretty strange place.

Tyler
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 6:29:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Are you kidding? With our luck they would be dropping off another rosie. Their in the right area even.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 6:42:40 AM EDT
[#17]
M4C, if you think this crowd has some reasonable answers watch the government response.  (If they're forced to respond.)
My guess the government will pick an old favorite - Swamp Gas !!
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 6:55:14 AM EDT
[#18]
If it was over Los Angeles, someone videotaped it.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 7:14:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
LMAO Good one 71 pg[whacko]Just messin with ya M4C.[(:|)]
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 7:17:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
If it was over Los Angeles, someone videotaped it.
View Quote
As long as it was a pre-ban recorder and registered too unfortunately coming to a town near you [}:(]Edited cause I can't spell
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 7:21:21 AM EDT
[#21]
if it was in LA somebody shot at it or stole it....
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 10:05:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Wow, I drove through LA last night.  Can't say I saw anything unusual though.  Well, except for a bunch of crazy people that seem to want to live there, that's pretty unusual to me.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 11:27:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Any ideas ??????
View Quote

Yeah - next time you make a tin foil hat, remember to put the shiny side out.  [:P]
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 11:34:11 AM EDT
[#24]
It was a weather baloon.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 11:47:04 AM EDT
[#25]
have you had any men in black suits driving ltd's come to visit you? course you wouldn't remember anyway...

what you say was not a ufo, it was swamp gas from a weather balloon caught in a thermal pocket that reflected the light from venus.

agent kay i mean

OffRoad
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 10:58:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
M4C, if you think this crowd has some reasonable answers watch the government response.  (If they're forced to respond.)
My guess the government will pick an old favorite - Swamp Gas !!
View Quote

Right on!
I was waiting for someone to say that!
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 11:01:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
if it was in LA somebody shot at it or stole it....
View Quote

RONTFLMAO!!!! [:D]
You could be right!
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 11:12:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 11:26:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
what you say was not a ufo, it was swamp gas from a weather balloon caught in a thermal pocket that reflected the light from venus.

OffRoad
View Quote

RONTFLMAO X 2!!!
Very creative Offroad.
I get what you're trying to say (via tone of sarcasm)...

As I figured, this turned out to be a funny thread and that some have tried to help out. It was fun. [:P]
But I'd still like to know what the origin is of what I saw--guess I'll never know--which helps to make my final point: how many times has this happened where the "sight-seer" never will know???

All I know is that up until the other night I was like most of you guys while I grew up my whole life being told stories of aerial phenomena by very serious people I knew. One was my teacher, a businessman, a Continental Airlines Captain, an uncle, and my Dad--who isn't one to fuck around with silly shit. I won't even get into the bizarre shit he's seen once.

Oh well, live and learn.

As for [(:|)] "aliens" [(:|)] they can kiss my royal Gunlovin'....... [:D] [:D]

M4C
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 5:46:18 AM EDT
[#30]
It was mothman.
[url]http://www.spe.sony.com/movies/mothman/[/url]
Read some of the history and true stories, sounds like I found your UFO.  What do I get, a complimentary Colt Government Carbine will sufice.

P.S. Make sure you turn your sound up a little before clicking the link, that sound won't leave your head for awhile.  Especially when you read the stories.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 6:47:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Roswell Rods strike again.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 7:12:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 9:05:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Roswell Rods strike again.
View Quote

?????????????????
I don't get it... [V]

Paul,
thanks for sharing that.
I think the multiple lights in the sky is the most common type of sighting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top