Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/2/2001 8:32:16 PM EDT
Probably be more for backpacking/camping/hiking, but does anyone have any preferences of one over the other?

Or are they created equally?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 11:29:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I can't be positive, but I think Camelbak is the original and Hydrastorm is the knockoff.  If you looked at earlier Blackhawk ads, they used to be "Camelbak compatible."
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 1:09:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Hydrastorm is a knockoff.  I like the baffels and slightly thicker bladder in the HS, but the bite valve, well, it bites.  I like the new camelbak's personally.  I've crawled in the mud, swam, and dove my original for years.  Never a leak or problem.

-SARguy
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 1:24:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Blackhawk no longer sells Camelbak, they sell Hydrastorm. I'm not even sure Camelbak is still made. Could very well be that Hydrastorm is a new line that replaced Camelbak.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 1:31:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Camelbak is still made.  I like mine.

[url]http://camelbak.com/default2.cfm[/url]
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 1:35:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Camelback is made by camelback
Hydrastorm is made by Blackhawk

I love my Hydrastorm!
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 1:46:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I believe Camelback is the CHOICE of motocross and enduro motorcycle riders.

Since those guys live and die by their water supply, that's gotta tell ya something.

Link Posted: 12/3/2001 1:46:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I have the Camelbak Storm, which happens to be a part of the MOLLE system.

Have used it for about 2 years, in various 3 gun matches and outdoors, good to go gear!
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 3:03:43 PM EDT
[#8]
from the topic name, I thought this would be a thread about some wacky new fangled hollowpoints. But after reading the thread, I have no clue what you are talking about.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 3:08:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Blackhawk no longer sells Camelbak, they sell Hydrastorm. I'm not even sure Camelbak is still made. Could very well be that Hydrastorm is a new line that replaced Camelbak.
View Quote

What are you on crack or something? Or are you still trying to sell Blackhawk Crap?

[url]www.eagleindustries.com[/url]

Link Posted: 12/3/2001 6:02:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

What are you on crack or something? Or are you still trying to sell Blackhawk Crap?

[url]www.eagleindustries.com[/url]
View Quote

I offer what I know and I get shit for it. I wasn't trying to sell ANYTHING. But a hearty "FUCK YOU" to you too sir.

BTW your endorsement of Eagle products is reason enough for me to avoid them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top