Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/2/2001 8:09:22 PM EDT
I'm sure this isn't the most impressive grouping out there but I finally had time to get out to a range and fine tune my LEGP with the OKO Red Dot site.  It's 20 rounds into a 2 inch group but only at 25 yards.  I'm not sure if I shifted to the right as I was fireing or if the the site was slowly moving from the recoil.

[img]www.patriotarms.com/legpgroup.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 8:15:53 PM EDT
[#1]
not too bad... you should be able to get that group down to at least half that size with a little tweakage!

Here's what my 20" A2 Oly did at 50 yards (first time shooting it, after getting it sighted)

[img]http://home.austin.rr.com/mqj/IMGS0040.JPG[/img]

The red circle, as you might be able to tell, is just under 2"
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 8:53:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's #52 at 100 yards and my reloads:

[img]junior.apk.net/~scotts/legpt.JPG[/img]

That was the best group I've ever shot.
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 8:53:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 8:54:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Edited by me cause I make people cry.
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 9:29:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Sorry I misread the topic - I though it said "Pic of LEGP Groping"
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 9:44:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm not sure if I shifted to the right as I was fireing or if the the site was slowly moving from the recoil.
View Quote

Anyone who has ever shot a highpower match can tell you that different firing positions result in different points of impact.

No service rifle that is zeroed on a bench will shoot the the same point of aim in off-hand, kneeeling, sitting, & prone.
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 9:48:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I was using the OKO red dot sight, which I thought I had heard was around a 4 MOA sight.  Wouldn't that mean the best the site is capable of would be 1 inch at 25 yards then?
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 6:06:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 6:20:51 AM EDT
[#9]
I do need to polish the trigger, it catches a little bit right before it breaks.  This was also the first time I've ever used a red dot sight.

I know I was also getting fatigued near the end of the 20 rounds.  Had I kept it to just 3 or 5 rounds I'm sure it would have been a much tighter group but I was just having fun with my rifle.

I'm pretty sure it was me that was causing the shift to the right, as I was close enough to barely make out the holes in the paper.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 6:32:27 AM EDT
[#10]
SWIRE...isn't it nice to see Mr Hineline get back to his usual complementary personality.

Remember it's a 16" barrel, won't be as accurate as a 20".  The main thing will be to see improvement as you shoot it more often.

Link Posted: 12/3/2001 6:57:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
SWIRE...isn't it nice to see Mr Hineline get back to his usual complementary personality.

Remember it's a 16" barrel, won't be as accurate as a 20".  The main thing will be to see improvement as you shoot it more often.

View Quote

That's what I'm hoping for.  If there was a range closer than 45 minutes from my house I would be shooting everyday, until my ammo runs out.  Seeing as I'm still unemployed and have plenty of free time.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 8:51:54 AM EDT
[#12]

[red]This would be one of the worst groups I ever did see from an AR15 or clone.[/red] At that distance you should shoot grapes all day long.
View Quote

I would clearly define this as a being a very negative statement...

I agree, Grin was somewhat wrong in the assessment of it being a 16" barrel, but then again, he is also relatively new to firearms.  Although, he is in fact [u]very[/u] correct that a 16" lightweight is typically far less accurate than a 20" HBAR!

What should have been pointed out better on both sides, is that the shooter was using a 4moa OKO and it should have been properly sighted in on a bench rest from proper zero.  To say the rifle is a "POS" as you put it, is absurd from viewing the other members targets!

My personal LEGP shot roughly 2" offhand, rapid-fire and out of the box at 100yds.  It was also superior when scoped and benched!

[red]Take the emotional chip off your shoulder.

It's not all about you.[/red]. Sometimes it's about helping and giving advice to others.
View Quote

If there was ever a member that needed to take his own advice, it's you... If you can't be constructive, then don't waste anyones time by posting your crap!
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 9:04:08 AM EDT
[#13]
SWIRE,
 Next time you go out, match your target size to the size of the reticle in your sight.  It looks like your bullseye is about a 4-6" circle, that's waaaaay to big for getting decent group sizes.
 Try a solid black 1" circle at 25yds.  Your 4 MOA dot/circle should just cover it at that range.  I think your big group size is a result of a not having a definitive aiming point.  (Aim small, miss small?)
 Oh yea - practice, practice, practice!!!
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 9:14:35 AM EDT
[#14]
%#!N anti's chip must be bigger!  Like you said once again you are the bad guy which is not what I said but you read into.

I took no offense.  But I'll leave the chip on my shoulder cause..... I don't like you.

Link Posted: 12/3/2001 9:21:20 AM EDT
[#15]
I blamed nothing on the barrel just pointed out a 16" isn't as accurate as a 20" since others were posting the results of their 20".

Link Posted: 12/3/2001 9:30:14 AM EDT
[#16]
[b]Hineline:[/b]

You're a head case, what more can I say!
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 11:52:49 AM EDT
[#17]
So how do you like the OKO site. I considered one for my last rifle build up I did. The C-More things for ARs are too pricey for me to justify, anyway I ended up with my favorite Tasco PDP5CMP  I like the 4 different MOA dot sizes and the large field of view. Let me know what you think of your OKO after you get some more time on it.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 1:42:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 2:10:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
So how do you like the OKO site. I considered one for my last rifle build up I did. The C-More things for ARs are too pricey for me to justify, anyway I ended up with my favorite Tasco PDP5CMP  I like the 4 different MOA dot sizes and the large field of view. Let me know what you think of your OKO after you get some more time on it.
View Quote

All I can say right now is that I think it is very cheaply made.  Up till yesterday I was thinking of taking it off and throwing it away.  One of the mounting braket lugs was stuck, would not move.  It is stuck so hard that the head on the allen screw is now stripped from trying to losen the screw.  The screws to adjust the elevation and windage are tearing off peices of the plastic housing when I was adjusting it.  Those screws are also all chewed up from the adjustments.

Other than that, it seems very easy to use.  All the problems with the installation and adjustments are what made me wonder if the dot shifted from the recoil.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 2:17:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Thanks for all the input guys, but I'm by no means a newbie shooter.  I am a newbie red dot shooter though.

As for a 2" group rapid fire off hand at 100 yards.  That's the biggest tale I've ever heard.  I've been to plenty of competitions and I have yet to see anyone shoot a 2" group rapid fire off hand.  
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 3:49:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Oh man that site sounds like a toad. Thanks for the warning.

My friend has a Colt C-More site with flip up rear site on his flattop. I like the looks of that and the OKO is similar in appearance but maybe $200 difference in price does make a difference in quality.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 4:02:52 AM EDT
[#22]
As for a 2" group rapid fire off hand at 100 yards. That's the biggest tale I've ever heard. I've been to plenty of competitions and I have yet to see anyone shoot a 2" group rapid fire off hand.
View Quote

Believe what you will, but this was done in the presence of several others, and the target was posted on the boards back in the early spring...  I did fail to properly mention that I was sitting and not standing though!

Try visiting a better group of competitive shooters...  The guys we shoot with can keep a 4-5" group at the 300yd DCM matches!
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 5:49:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Let's face it, the LEGP is to a good rifle what particle board is to fine furniture. You should be thanking your lucky stars that I shoots as well as it does.

As for the 2" 100 yard rapid...I call bullshit! I suppose you're going to tell us that grin was your witness???
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 6:49:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Let's face it, the LEGP is to a good rifle what particle board is to fine furniture. You should be thanking your lucky stars that I shoots as well as it does.

As for the 2" 100 yard rapid...I call bullshit! I suppose you're going to tell us that grin was your witness???
View Quote

[:K]
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 6:57:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 6:57:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
dam you a3kid, you beat me too it! [:D]
View Quote

Now if I could just learn not to feed 'em.  [:D]
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 8:00:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

1) Let me know exactly how many of these YOU have personally handled and fired, and also who's rifle it was!

2) Obviously you don't know a thing about competitive shooting techniques, because if you did, you wouldn't be so quick to show your ass!

Are you also going to say the Frank Squid is BS'ing everyone with his sub 1/4" groups via a benchrest..?

Get a life TROLL!
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 11:55:28 AM EDT
[#28]
Swire and Misfit thanks for taking all the negative focus off me.  I can take negative feedback all day long but it's still nice to see someone else get the flack from the site patrol sometimes.

And Misfit hey I buy particle board furniture all the time so I can buy the best in guns.

Some comprimise thier furniture so Guns can be the very best.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 12:50:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

1) Let me know exactly how many of these YOU have personally handled and fired, and also who's rifle it was!

2) Obviously you don't know a thing about competitive shooting techniques, because if you did, you wouldn't be so quick to show your ass!

Are you also going to say the Frank Squid is BS'ing everyone with his sub 1/4" groups via a benchrest..?

Get a life TROLL!
View Quote

I have shot one and thus the comment.

I made no comment about Franksquid, or his abilities, only yours. You suck and you know it.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 12:52:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
As for a 2" group rapid fire off hand at 100 yards. That's the biggest tale I've ever heard. I've been to plenty of competitions and I have yet to see anyone shoot a 2" group rapid fire off hand.
View Quote

Believe what you will, but this was done in the presence of several others, and the target was posted on the boards back in the early spring...  I did fail to properly mention that I was sitting and not standing though!

Try visiting a better group of competitive shooters...  The guys we shoot with can keep a 4-5" group at the 300yd DCM matches!
View Quote

Sitting would make a differnce.  Was it rapid fire as in 20 rounds in 60 seconds or was it at a rapid pace?  There's a big difference.

I've shot with several different competative shooters. No really high ranking shooters though.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 1:11:12 PM EDT
[#31]
I made no comment about Franksquid, or his abilities, only yours. You suck and you know it.
View Quote

Rather presumptious statement for someone that doesn't me other than from here on the boards...  but then again "HATEBREED", you are one of the original trolls from way back, so your new screen name is really fooling nobody!
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 1:12:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Rapid pace, more like 2-3 minutes...  Focused, but quick.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 1:45:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

That would be possible then.  How many rounds?
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 2:07:31 PM EDT
[#34]
I managed a quarter-size group at fifty yards, the first time I took the LEGP to the range. I'm still ecstatically proud of that.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 3:06:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

That would be possible then.  How many rounds?
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/4/2001 3:25:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Rather presumptious statement for someone that doesn't me other than from here on the boards...  but then again "HATEBREED", you are one of the original trolls from way back, so your new screen name is really fooling nobody!
View Quote

Been around here longer than you but I don't claim "Hatebreed". Great song and I wish I had the screen name.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 3:31:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Longer than me huh..?  Unless you're an Avila, that's pretty tough to do!

Your email addy says "Hatebreed", but since you claim to be someone else, quit hiding behind the new nic and let us know who you are!
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 3:50:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Ah the missing Avila has been found and welcomed back into the fold.

Can't we just all get along?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top