Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/2/2001 2:01:19 PM EDT
I was at Dave & Busters, a bar and entertainment center, in San Antonio yesterday and I saw a new war video game.  When I went to look at it I saw that you put your head in a helmet type contraption and put your hands on two handles with triggers on either side of the helmet.  The helmet has a video screen inside it so it is kinda like VR I guess.  Anyways, when you put money in the game the helmet is a turret and you are shooting people landing on the beach like at D-Day.  This was kida like the person playing the game was a nazi shooting the Americans on Omaha beach.  Anyone esls see this game?
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 2:14:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a similar computer game called Beachhead. The people getting blown away have a very American look to them even though no countries are actually mentioned or represented.
Whats up with that?
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 2:23:44 PM EDT
[#2]
What, like only Germans and Russians can have their virtual likenesses killed on video games?

Maybe it was designed by a German. Maybe its all a big Marxist plot. But who gives a shit...it's only a game.

Michael
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 3:22:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 3:28:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 6:17:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Just pretend you're shooting the PLA troops as they land on Taiwan. [;)]
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 6:22:19 PM EDT
[#6]
sounds like a conspiracy, dont play that game again.
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 7:03:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Does this means I should not get Return to Wolfstien?
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 4:17:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Nah,  In Wolfenstein, you're shooting Nazis.  Lots, and lots of Nazis.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 8:30:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I love sub sims, I actually refused to buy Silent Hunter II for exactly this reason, I could not bring myself to shoot at allied shipping.  Xenophobic, perhaps but I just could not bring myself to be virtual evil.
View Quote

I hear ya,....Hell, in Operation Flashpoint, I make my own missions, and go into the ".sqm" files and make the Russian troops friendly to the Americans. Then in my missions I can create a "coalition" to fight against the terrorist (Resistance troops) forces......I mean, the Russians are more or less our Allies now, so I reflect that in my missions....LOL
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 2:47:58 PM EDT
[#10]
ahh, the good old days of the C64
or did they make a new version?

Quoted:
I have a similar computer game called Beachhead. The people getting blown away have a very American look to them even though no countries are actually mentioned or represented.
Whats up with that?
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top