Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/2/2001 11:50:09 AM EDT
How many here are armed professionals vs. hobbiest?

Active military grunts, Steet Cops, Federal Agents, Private detectives, Bodyguards, Bail enforcement agents, Armored car drivers, Armed security guards, Ect...

If so what are your working guns?

Me, 8 years cop: Glock 19, Glock 26, Rem 870.
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 12:03:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I am a professional Audio Visual Systems Integration Designer/Manager, and I'm armed because it's my right to be so.  

I did spend 4 years in the 82nd Airborne, (Infantry of course), but that was 10 years, and 10 pounds, ago.
AIRBORNE
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 12:58:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I am armed and a professional.
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 1:12:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Cop

Main duty sidearm: H&K USP 40

Back-Up:  S&W Model 642 in ankle holster

Shotgun:  Rem 870 Marine Magnum
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 1:14:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I am a [i]disarmed[/i] professional.  I drive an armored car, and often work very late or very early hours.  After being mugged/robbed three times in the past year, I've spent a good bit of time training with a knife.  I can't legally carry a concealed handgun in South Carolina, so I'm stuck with a knife and mace on my belt.z
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 1:21:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Cop, total 6 years.

Sig 226- duty issue

Walther ppk/s- backup

Glock 17- off duty carry/or the 226

14inch 870 police- in the car
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 1:21:32 PM EDT
[#6]
You're an armorer car driver and you carry a knife? You would be dead if you did that in my city (Memphis, TN). You can't carry a gun in plain view, or what?? That doesnt make any sense.
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 1:22:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Cop
Glock 22
S&W 442
Benelli M1 S-90
Personally owned Colt Ar

1*
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 1:38:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I am a professional Audio Visual Systems Integration Designer/Manager, and I'm armed because it's my right to be so.  

I did spend 4 years in the 82nd Airborne, (Infantry of course), but that was 10 years, and 10 pounds, ago.
AIRBORNE
View Quote

LMAO. I see your ten, and raise you fifteen.
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 1:50:50 PM EDT
[#9]
I have been a reserve police officer and am now about to become a bodyguard for a federal judge.I will be a federal employee but I don't know if my status will be LE or not.I am trying to get the requisite 5 years experience to become a US Marshal but it is a long process.I was taking criminal justice classes but my work schedule has put that on hold until further notice.Since I am 30 now I still have 5 years to get my act together for joining the Marshals but life goes on.I have been offered a few positions on small town PDs by friends in supervisory positions within thier departments but I have been told that the record and rating of each department reflects on the amount of consideration you are given in Fed LE.I keep my LE certifications up to date but I no longer have a commission card(had to give my mags to a friend)but I would like to get deputized by a neihboring county but I would have to move from my ranch which I enjoy very much(not worth it)so that I could enjoy some of the special deals and grants that are given to peace officers(especially here in the meth-lab capitol of the nation)but it will have to wait.Hopefully this Federal Judge will like me and grease some wheels for me and be a good reference for the US Marshal thing.

Glock 17C

Glock 22

M4A3

Mossberg 9200A1 jungle Gun

Sako TRG/S .338 Lap+Shepherd scope

Doh!I forgot to mention I am also a licensed Private Investigator
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 1:59:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Active duty Army 8.5yrs
82d Airborne whole career until they sent me to Korea, But then they sent me back.[:D]

M-4 and 9 mm
Can work all Crew served weapons too...lol
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 1:59:31 PM EDT
[#11]
I am armed, and I'm more professional than 97% of persons I've dealt with from the professions you have just listed.  

Change the title to "How many here carry a gun as part of their job discription?"

Handgun-Glock 34
Long gun-CAV15, Beretta 1201FP, AKM, or Winchester 94 44mag(depends on situation)
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 2:07:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Cop, 14 years.

S&W 4516

Part of TopCrests 3%
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 2:11:33 PM EDT
[#13]
You're an armorer car driver and you carry a knife? You would be dead if you did that in my city (Memphis, TN).
View Quote

I think you overestimate how dangerous your town is (Memphis is a nice place from what I remember), and how dangerous my job is.  Mostly, the company I work, and most armoured car services for that matter, are glorified courier services.  Picking-up heavy bags of change from an arcade, carrying bank paperwork between branches (bigger companies like Wells Fargo handle the cash), deliveries between jewelry stores, checks/cash/cc receipts from restaurants (usually late at night), and checks from corporate deposits aren't very dangerous.  The late-night pickups, for example, from Applebee's are what I consider the most dangerous, but criminals haven't seemed to figure-out yet just how much cash a bar/grill has on hand at the end of the day.  I would worry more if I worked in a convienence store.  I haven't heard of anyone around here that does this type of job that has faced someone with a gun.  My main concern is that I had one attacker run at the sight of a knife, and I ran from the two others.  I'm getting a little too old to run, so I'm afraid I'm either going to get run down (a knife in the back is not the way I want to go), or I'll have to stand my ground against someone 50+ years younger than me.  That's why I've had, what I consider, three very good knife defense classes.

You can't carry a gun in plain view, or what??
View Quote

No gun at all without extra state training, a lot of BS paperwork for the company, and a much, much more expensive company insurance policy.  I help the owner with the accounting, so I know there isn't much left-over to deal with bureaucratic BS like that.  Also, we have several customers that specifically use us, because they don't want "rent-a-cops" with guns in their stores or business.  While I don't agree with that attitude, they do pay the bills.  I would feel more comfortable with a gun, but that isn't going to happen.

I forgot to answer the original poster's question of what we carry.  I carry an ASP baton and a CRKT M-16 knife with a 4" blade.  The hard-anodized handle has held-up very well.  I carry another knife to use, so the blade on my CRKT is still factory sharp.z
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 2:38:31 PM EDT
[#14]
hk USP40
armed professional
john
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 2:39:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I am a [i]disarmed[/i] professional.  I drive an armored car, and often work very late or very early hours.  After being mugged/robbed three times in the past year, I've spent a good bit of time training with a knife.  I can't legally carry a concealed handgun in South Carolina, so I'm stuck with a knife and mace on my belt.z
View Quote

I would be looking for a new job.
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 2:40:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I have been a reserve police officer and am now about to become a bodyguard for a federal judge.I will be a federal employee but I don't know if my status will be LE or not.I am trying to get the requisite 5 years experience to become a US Marshal but it is a long process.I was taking criminal justice classes but my work schedule has put that on hold until further notice.Since I am 30 now I still have 5 years to get my act together for joining the Marshals but life goes on.I have been offered a few positions on small town PDs by friends in supervisory positions within thier departments but I have been told that the record and rating of each department reflects on the amount of consideration you are given in Fed LE.I keep my LE certifications up to date but I no longer have a commission card(had to give my mags to a friend)but I would like to get deputized by a neihboring county but I would have to move from my ranch which I enjoy very much(not worth it)so that I could enjoy some of the special deals and grants that are given to peace officers(especially here in the meth-lab capitol of the nation)but it will have to wait.Hopefully this Federal Judge will like me and grease some wheels for me and be a good reference for the US Marshal thing.

Glock 17C

Glock 22

M4A3

View Quote

Just living the American dream huh?
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 2:54:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 3:02:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Corrections
Jail SWAT team

Glock 22 (when in uniform)
Glock 19 concealed carry

SWAT duty also:
Mossy 590
Arwin (spel?)37mm launcher (for foam, teargas, etc)
Trained Wannabe!  [:)]
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 3:27:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Armed Professional Firefighter
CZ-75
SIG 228
FN FAL
1886 45-70
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 3:32:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 4:32:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Police Officer, 12 years , Duty weapons : Glock 22 , Colt AR15A3 w/ ACOG NSN.  Off Duty weapons: Glock 19 and Kel Tec P32
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 4:49:16 PM EDT
[#22]
So I guess I'm an armed amateur.

Professional = for money.

Amateur = for the love of it.
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 5:06:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Mail Carrier

USP expert under jacket, 44 SW Mag on leg for back up, 3 knives (cold steel, last resort).
12 GA AOW double barrel in mail bag, 11.5" M16 Commando in mail cart, 20" Colt Delta HBAR in mail truck, HK MP5 in locker, Glock 30 in lunch pail.

[:P]

Because I might have to deliver mail to TOPCREAST's house and he a 3%er....[:D]
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 5:16:28 PM EDT
[#24]
LE6920 is the [b]postal-ninja[/b]!
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 5:16:33 PM EDT
[#25]
retired sheriff, 23yrs, reserve deputy now and serve as the district brand inspector

Sig 226
M4gery
870 (border patrol model)
scoped out M1a
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 5:18:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 5:20:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 5:34:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 6:55:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Yes, but a professional what? (Forget what movie that was from)
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 6:55:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Sgt. Armed security. [sleep]
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 8:00:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Investigator for local Sheriff's Department 1 1/2 yrs, Deputy on patrol for 6 yrs. I love being the po po!! Overeducated, underpaid, overstressed... Don't quite know why I love it but I do!

Sig P229 .40, issued (LOVE IT!).
S&W 442 .38 Airweight, personal.
Rem 870 12 ga issued but tricked a bit.
Bushy AR15 Shorty, personal.

Here is all but the backup.

[img]http://www.gulftel.com/tnolfe/tac_gear.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 8:16:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Glock 17/19/26....Remington 870.....AR-15...MP-5....1911, all depends on the day.
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 8:56:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Professional educator- 16 years- a mean glare and a firm tone of voice.

Deputy Sheriff- 6 years part-time- HK USP40
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 9:16:44 PM EDT
[#34]
I work part-time for Loomis Fargo Armored Car.  Carry a Sig 229 in .40 or HK USP Tactical
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 12:00:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Glock 17C

Glock 22

M4A3

View Quote

Just out of curiosity, what exactly is the title of the position you are taking?  As far as I was aware, U.S. Marshals were the only federal employees who protected federal judges.  I figure it might be a decent job to look into.

16 yrs. LE:
Glock 21 primary
Glock 30 backup
Remington 870
AR-15
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 3:07:10 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glock 17C

Glock 22

M4A3

View Quote

Just out of curiosity, what exactly is the title of the position you are taking?  As far as I was aware, U.S. Marshals were the only federal employees who protected federal judges.  I figure it might be a decent job to look into.

16 yrs. LE:
Glock 21 primary
Glock 30 backup
Remington 870
AR-15
View Quote

I'm not sure what the position is called.It's part of some new security budget for judges who have to travel to remote loactions within their district for special determination hearings.I'm
going to be paid by the Social Security Administration but as a contractor carrying my own bond.I think I can get Federal benefits after a certain amount of time but I don't really know how that works.It pays well though.I will be getting $23 per hour 24hrs perday when working(2 weeks on 2 weeks off).A friend of my mom's is a federal prosecutor and he is getting me the job.

Email me in a week or two and I'll fill you in with the particulars once I have them myself.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 3:22:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Local LE

Issued:
SIG P229 .40
SIG P220 .45
Colt M16A2 Carbine
Colt 635

Personal backup:
Glock 30
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 4:08:42 AM EDT
[#38]
crumabn - we have the exact same job description!  Have you ever noticed that a lot of people in our industry are 'gun people'?  The old Syn-Aud-Con founder had an action pistol range at his school here in Indiana...

Cool, huh?

QS
11B
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 4:11:06 AM EDT
[#39]
trickshot-

Ferris Buehler's Day Off...when they were parking the '1961 Ferrari 250 GT California' in the garage.

QS
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 4:41:42 AM EDT
[#40]
CITY P.D. FOUR YEARS

ISSUE:
GLOCK 22C
MOSSBERG 500 WITH LESS LETHAL ROUNDS.
RUGER MINI 14
GLOCK 27-BACKUP

OFF DUTY:
MY GLOCK 22C
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 4:43:13 AM EDT
[#41]
Not me.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 4:56:36 AM EDT
[#42]
Reserve Deputy for a little more than a year.

Glock 22 is my duty weapon/carry gun
Rem 870 Police Magnum in the trunk
Charter Arms .22 Mag in the glove box

and an AR and 10/22, but those are just for fun..

Ian
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 5:17:25 AM EDT
[#43]
I'm active duty Navy, 9 years. Just carry the 9mm and M-16, sometimes shotgun but not often.

Navy it's not just a job. It's an indenture!
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 7:02:54 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I'm not sure what the position is called.It's part of some new security budget for judges who have to travel to remote loactions within their district for special determination hearings.I'm
going to be paid by the Social Security Administration but as a contractor carrying my own bond.I think I can get Federal benefits after a certain amount of time but I don't really know how that works.It pays well though.I will be getting $23 per hour 24hrs perday when working(2 weeks on 2 weeks off).A friend of my mom's is a federal prosecutor and he is getting me the job.

Email me in a week or two and I'll fill you in with the particulars once I have them myself.
View Quote

Ah...It sounds like you'll be doing contract security for one of the SSA's administrative law judges.  Sounds like the pay's pretty good, but don't count on getting federal benefits as a contractor.  Good luck to you on eventually joining the Marshals Service.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 7:21:22 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
crumabn - we have the exact same job description!  Have you ever noticed that a lot of people in our industry are 'gun people'?  The old Syn-Aud-Con founder had an action pistol range at his school here in Indiana...

Cool, huh?

QS
11B
View Quote

In our department, we've got 2 airforce vets, two army vets,(including me), three navy vets, and we used to have a former marine, but had to let him go. Who do you work for? I'm With MCSi.
AIRBORNE!
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 7:28:10 AM EDT
[#46]
crumabn...
Markey's A/V..finally got tired of being a rep.

QS
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 7:39:09 AM EDT
[#47]
NYPD - 3 years. Still a newjack but not a rookie.

Duty Carry: Smith&Wesson 5946 9mm Semi-Auto Pistol w/ Trijicon NS

Dept Ammo: 124 gr. 9mm Speer GDHP +P's

Off Duty [b]AND[/b] backup: Glock 26 w/ PT NiteSights

I'm not going to confirm nor deny that I sometimes bring heavier firepower for when the SHTF (ie: World Trade Center Attack)
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 10:32:03 AM EDT
[#48]
Cop

Sig P229 .40
Benelli M1S90 14"
Colt LE6920

Off-duty:  
Kimber Ultra CDP

SeMPer Fi
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 11:12:24 AM EDT
[#49]
ALMOST A MALL NINJA
by Spearweasel

I'm not as cool as a mall ninja, or as heavily armed as a SpecOps operator, but I too bore arms in service of the forces of justice. I was... an Armed Pizza Man.

Back in the day, in Grad School here in the mean streets of Austin, TX, I used to deliver pizza on the East Side, which is the poorer part of town. I was the only one of eleven drivers that had NOT been mugged. One lady was mugged by a couple of pachucos with an axe handle...

Anyway, since I was a student I worked nights and weekends. I was a tall blonde white man in a teal striped Gatti's shirt and a blaze orange cap. I carried money and pizza into poor, predominately black and hispanic neighborhoods.
My first week, I was almost carjacked, but managed to get out of the cul-de-sac by backing up really fast and almost running over some fine gentlemen.

After that, I carried a Ruger P-89 9mm, with the high cap magazine filled up with Black Talons. This was in the days before the CHL here in TX. Not that I could afford a CHL back then... I carried it in a fanny pack holster, behind the cheese and pepper packets and my money bag. When going into particularly benighted apartment complexes, I would kick it up so that my hand rested on the visible butt of the pistol. By doing this and remaining polite and friendly and calm at all times, I could walk through stairwells filled with nice young men with gang colors, who would simply greet me and let me by unmolested. I only had to pull it once, and never had to fire it.

I learned two valuable lessons that made me solidly pro-gun.
#1) An armed society is a polite society.
#2) Nobody wants to die for $30 and a medium pepperoni pizza.

Now I do tech support with my useless degrees, and own but don't carry since the law doesn't allow it.

Humbly Yours,
The Pepperoni Warrior
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 2:51:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Mail Carrier

USP expert under jacket, 44 SW Mag on leg for back up, 3 knives (cold steel, last resort).
12 GA AOW double barrel in mail bag, 11.5" M16 Commando in mail cart, 20" Colt Delta HBAR in mail truck, HK MP5 in locker, Glock 30 in lunch pail.

[:P]

Because I might have to deliver mail to TOPCREAST's house and he a 3%er....[:D]
View Quote

hope you are not carring a weapon when delivering mail. the USPS does not allow ANY firearms at all to be carried by mail carriers and is a Felony. be carefull

former USPS lib
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top