Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/2/2001 12:08:59 AM EDT
Ok, I've seen some of you's guys posting pics of your Evil Airsoft Rifles. And since the Barrett .50 cal is outta the budget this year I figgered I'd get myself an Airsoft M16, full auto of course! BUT, I have some questions for the experts.

1. I've noticed (on Ebay) that some of them are specifically marked 'METAL'. Are they not all made of metal?

2. Are there any 'chain stores' that sell them? That way I could really SEE what I'm buying.

3. Do ANY of the AR 'accessories' interchangable with the airsoft? IE: collapsable stocks, pistol grips, Weaver mount optics, etc.

4. How do they work??? Co2, pump action, other.

Any other advice is welcome also.

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 1:18:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Here are a few sites to browse around and soak up info on airsoft.

[url]www.airsoftnetwork.com[/url]
[url]www.airsoftextreme.com[/url]
[url]www.airsoftplayers.com[/url]

Also, read through this thread from a while back.[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=61456[/url] It has some good info towards the bottom.

I would stay away from ebay airsoft sellers. MOST of their stuff is really cheap and unless you know what you are looking for you might get a crappy gun. There are a few manufactures that make full metal guns but they are pricey. Most quality electric guns have lots of metal parts like the barrel, sights, trigger, and selector. But the upper and lower receivers are plastic. You can buy metal after market uppers and lowers but they get expensive.

As far as real AR accessories fitting airsoft, on the Tokyo Marui M4 the carry handle is detachable and has a weaver rail underneath. So you can mount anything with a weaver base to it. There is a M4 RIS version that has rails for tac lights, vertical fore grips and other stuff. The stocks and pistol grips are not interchangeable.

If you are going to buy an airsoft rifle I would suggest buying from airsoftextreme linked above. I got my first rifle from them and their prices and service are good.
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 9:38:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Alot of airsofts are total junk. I'd stay with Tokyo Maru.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top