Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/1/2001 8:54:02 PM EDT
This happen to me today.  I was wandering around the gun show in Fayetteville, NC with my preban CAR-15 today.  I had brought it to see about changing over to a A2-style upper when one of the vendors offered me $3500 for it!!!  Now, It's a nice looking firearm, but $3500!!!
[shock] To make matters worse, I turned him down!!  [stick]  Hay, what can I say, I didn't build it just to sell it.  Anyone else have any stories like that?

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 9:06:55 PM EDT
[#1]
$3500 for a pre-ban "kit" gun?Man,I don't know
what your on but quit.

I was offered a old Ruger bolt action for
a pre-ban Bushy one time.
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 9:12:06 PM EDT
[#2]
LOL,  I'm not on anyting, but after that offer I was wondering about him!

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 12:26:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 1:02:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 8:26:02 AM EDT
[#5]
I had a guy offer me $1500 for my postban FAL that Rich at Century Gun works built for me. It is truely a testament of his craftsmenship.
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 8:26:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Afew years ago I was offered a 1968 Camaro SS for my HK 93A3.I declined at the time but I wish I hadn't now.It was all original,big block with a perfect interior.I didn't know how much those things had become worth in the last few years.It turns out that I saw a nearly identical car at a classic car shop in Tulsa go for $25,000.I sure wish I had gone for it.To me it was just a nice old Chevy since the last time I had looked at them was in the mid 80s and they were only worth a couple thousand dollars.

Who Knew?
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 8:30:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
A few years ago I was offered a 1968 Camaro SS for my HK 93A3.I declined at the time...
View Quote

[shock]  You blew that one, big time!  [shock]
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 8:32:33 AM EDT
[#8]
I was at an indoor pistol range in Nebraska (can't remember what it was called) and somebody offered me $2500 for my calico M-950 because "it was a prop from he movie Total Recall"

Crazy People [:D]

Link Posted: 12/2/2001 8:45:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
This happen to me today.  I was wandering around the gun show in Fayetteville, NC with my preban CAR-15 today.  I had brought it to see about changing over to a A2-style upper when one of the vendors offered me $3500 for it!!!  Now, It's a nice looking firearm, but $3500!!!
[shock] To make matters worse, I turned him down!!  [stick]  Hay, what can I say, I didn't build it just to sell it.  Anyone else have any stories like that?

Vulcan94
View Quote

You turned down $3500 for a preban AR15 that you built yourself? You could have sold it and used the cash to buy a NIB preban Colt CAR and still had about $1500-2K left over. Better yet, you could have sold it and added another $500 or so and bought an M16 conversion!

If someone offered you an M16 for your AR & $500 would you pass it up? Looks like you just did.....

Totally unbelievable.

Michael
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 8:56:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Guys, help me out here, because I just don't understand this.

Why don't you take these offers?  I mean, if someone is willing to pay you two, three, or four times the real value of a gun, why not take it?  Is picking up an issue of Shotgun News and buying a new one that much trouble?  No offense, but who's really the crazy one - the guy offering you much more than a gun is really worth, or you for not taking him up on it?

As far as I'm concerned, ALL of my guns are for sale...for the right price that makes it worthwhile for me.
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 9:07:56 AM EDT
[#11]
At a gunshow in Topeka Ks last week, bought a LNIB Polytech M-14S for $550, walked down the next aisle and sold it to another dealer for $1000---he was really anxious to get it too!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top