Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/1/2001 2:41:47 PM EDT
I've got most of the process down but I'm having trouble with the mark information and the specimen.

Is there any benefit or restrictions that come from registering a typed mark, just text, instead of a stylized mark, formated text and or image?  Is this the only form of the mark that is protected?  If I register formated text and an image but only use typed letters on something, does the mark still apply or would I always have to use the complete formated text an image?

For the specimen that has to be submitted, the instructions say you must show how you are actually using the mark in commerce, such as product tags or labels.  Would a website with the mark count?  It's one huge lable.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 12:36:26 AM EDT
[#1]
We have always submitted a printed color image of the graphic used for the website logo. Whatever you submit, THAT is the trademark, so a typed version would only cover that image. Bad idea. We usually submit the screen version and the 'typed' (print letterhead) version.

[url]http://www.uspto.gov[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top