Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2001 2:30:43 PM EDT
I plan on purchasing an AR15 post ban at a gun and knife show, I would appreciate any comments on how much they paid for there AR15, as many replies as possible would be appreciated....I just dont want to be riped off...Thanks to all fo replies in advanced.  I love this tool and must own one...haha...Thanks, Totalchaos
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 4:33:42 PM EDT
[#1]
My first recommendation would be to remember the A, B, C or D rule: Armalite, Bushmaster, Colt or DPMS.  The best prices I have seen in my area are for Bushmasters, which are generally running in the $700 - $800 range.  V Match rifles go for a bit more.  I just saw a NIB Colt 6601 in the local shop for $895.  You will get a wide variety of opinions on whether the Colt is worth the premium.  There have been some on this board who have begun lamenting the Colt quality as of late.  IMHO you cannot go wrong with any of the four and the BM's are probably the best value on the market.
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 5:43:03 PM EDT
[#2]
If you are going to buy at a gunshow, please learn a few identifying features of dedicated weapons, as well.  Meaning: it is altogether COMMON for gunshow AR's to be parts guns, a particular lower of brand name, but a generic upper, non-spec internal parts, I have even seen on several occasions postban parts guns being sold with preban features.  In my opinion, as a novice, you are better off buying from a trusted gunshop.  Gunshows are a sharktank.
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 5:51:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Okay, I'll be counter-cultural.  If you are looking for an entry-level AR, you can get a new Olympic Arms base model ".223 Plinker" for less than $600.  The best quote I've seen was $529, in fact.  This is basically the very same weapon as their PCR-5 (politically correct rifle) but with cast upper and lower receiver halves.  Same trigger group (two stage and tight), 16" heavy barrel, bolt group, etc.  A1 sights, A1 stock, A3 lower (recessed mag button, brass deflector).  New, in carry case, lifetime warranty, 60 day satisfaction guaranty, guarantied accuracy.

http://www.olyarms.com/usa.html

Should be on the main page and under the consumer catalog.

Not half bad.
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 6:28:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Bought a Bushmaster A-4 Flattop (like new)with mag pouch on butt, Sling , soft case w/ 5-mag pouches , aimpoint red-dot scope , emergency fold down rear sight and carry handle for $995. Happy hunting!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top