Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2001 8:59:25 AM EDT
This damn thing I own was runnin so slow I couldn't get anywhere for about 4 days. Took forever to get on line and when I finally got there I couldn't ask it to do anything or I would get bumped. Now, today, I turn it on and its runnin fine, no problems. I didn't do a damn thing to it. Its like some nerd came in during the night and fixed it while I lay sleeping. What gives? Do they fix themselves?
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 9:07:52 AM EDT
[#1]
That's what usually happens with mine. If it's acting weird, I just shut it down and leave it alone for a few hours. Seems to fix everything.
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 9:18:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't know about fix'n themselves, but they UN-fix themselves every so often.

I ran a scandisk and then defragged the other day and when done the darned thing will come up with the screen saver going and I can't pull up the tool bar, right click, ctl-alt-del, nothing.

I hit the "Internet" button on the keyboard and can then gett to the start menu to restart.

Last night I switched screen savers after another defrag. That may have done it. We'll see.

Stupid machines....[BD]

And to think I payed good money for this abuse. [:D]
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 1:57:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Rainman, your original problem might have been an internet/network issue and didn't really have to do with your computer at all. A slow network will slow down/hang up a system everytime.
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 2:42:46 PM EDT
[#4]
its not called windoze for nothing

if your running a mac i cant think of a line for that one
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 3:00:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes they do. I dropped mine once and crakced the case. In the morning magically the crack was gone. By the way it made my breakfast that day to. It was magical.[:D]
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 3:03:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 3:56:09 PM EDT
[#7]
[img]http://www.etsimo.uniovi.es/~antonio/hal.gif[/img]

[b][size=4]I'm sorry, Dave. I can't do that.[/size=4][/b]
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 5:25:52 PM EDT
[#8]
If you consider automatic and unsolicited rebooting "fixing themselves", then sure, they fix themselves all the time. :)
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 6:48:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Chances are, whatever you were surfing with was probably eating up all your computer's resourse, so shutting down and restarting regained all of it, so you computer will run smoother until the resourses get eaten up again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top