Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/1/2001 12:21:15 AM EDT
I have seen the pics you guys have posted on here, and it looks like about 95% of the male members of this board are a "little" overweight.

Not gonna name any names (Burp, as I think about the NY Strip sandwich I just ate along with fries and coleslaw from Zorba's), as I am just as guilty as the rest of us.

Of course, our FEMALE members are all Svelte images of perfection in femaleness, and could probably stand to gain a couple of pounds!!

Anyone here serious about loosing a little weight soon?

I figure on cutting out the junk food, and after Finals during the next two weeks, getting off the Diet Soda (oops, sorry, around here they call it Pop)--and starting back on Water, and making sure the refrigerator is stocked with things like Carrot Sticks, Fruit, etc.  Then, I'll start to do a little working out when I am watching TV.   Should be a good start.  Come spring, I may be ready to do some outdoor exercise.

Link Posted: 12/1/2001 12:28:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 1:00:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Not this again. Who gives a shit!?! [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 2:13:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I am NOT overweight, I am just big boned.
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 2:46:35 AM EDT
[#4]
AFARR serious weight loss requires two things. Moderation and excercise. After flying a desk for the last 12 years I decided it was time to be serious about health and fitness. I used the Body for Life Plan earlier this year and dropped 16 pounds in about a two months (It gets a lot harder when you hit 40).  I opted for more aerobic excercise than weight work but the diet and excercise plan worked very well for me. Get the book from the library or visit their website to learn more if you're not ready to drop $$ on
the book.  

And, I agree with you. it's POP. lol
For more on the Pop vs. Soda controversy, see
http://www.ugcs.caltech.edu/~almccon/pop_soda/

Regards, Jack
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 7:19:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
And, I agree with you. it's POP. lol
View Quote

When we were kids, we called it sodapop.  Maybe we were little diplomats (or maybe just confused??). [:\]
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 7:21:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Not this again. Who gives a shit!?! [rolleyes]
View Quote

Sorry, you missed the constipation thread by a couple of days...[}:D]
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 7:22:48 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm not overweight, I'm just short for my weight.  Too bad I'm 6'-5".
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 7:37:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Anyone here serious about loosing a little weight soon?

I figure on cutting out the junk food, and after Finals during the next two weeks, getting off the Diet Soda (oops, sorry, around here they call it Pop)--and starting back on Water, and making sure the refrigerator is stocked with things like Carrot Sticks, Fruit, etc.  Then, I'll start to do a little working out when I am watching TV.   Should be a good start.  Come spring, I may be ready to do some outdoor exercise.
View Quote

Having been diagnosed with Diabetes a couple of months ago, I don't have a choice. At the moment I'm cussing at every meal. What I can eat may be satisfying my hunger, but isn't doing anything for my appetite.

OTOH, I've lost 46 pounds and 4-1/2 inches in the waist since April. I've still got a long way to go, but I'm making progress. I'm kind of hoping that perhaps I've had a problem with sugar metabolism for years and that since I'm now taking care of that problem my weight problem will abate somewhat.

By the way, carbonated beverages are called "Cokes" (even if they're something else) almost everywhere in the South. Yankees call 'em pop, and almost everyone else calls 'em soda.
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 7:39:16 AM EDT
[#9]
No
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 7:46:20 AM EDT
[#10]
I have changed eating habits over the last two weeks and have lost 12lbs. without exercising.  I simply cut out any and all snacking between meals and eat mostly chicken and fish at meal time.  No more carbonated drinks, only water and an occasional iced tea.  Cut out fried foods and anything greasy (like fast food).  When I get done with this semester in junior college, I'm joining a gym and getting my ass on a treadmill and start with some strength training.  I hope to be Marine Corps ready sometime around February.
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 8:04:39 AM EDT
[#11]
My name is bwhite, And  ,,, I'm a Fatass!
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 9:00:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Just to show how chubby AFARR is, here is a pic of him. He is on the bottom Row, Brown Shirt, next to the kid. [;)]
[img]http://www.illinois-shooter.org/group272001.JPG[/img]

I need to hit the gym, and quit eating those beefs, hot dogs, and brats.   My stomach is going over my belt.
I can't be a warrior, if I am fat.
c-rock

Link Posted: 12/1/2001 9:03:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Oh ya,
here is my Chubby ass voting from the rooftop with AFARR's Barrett.
c-rock
[img]http://www.illinois-shooter.org/barrett.JPG[/img]
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 9:51:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top