Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/30/2001 6:35:22 PM EDT
Excuse me if I posted this on the wrong board but! Do you see the buyer; AR15.com member(cpermd) need for approperiate action here ? Read the following and his response........
I'm selling a preban lower for $ 750.00 and he makes an offer for considerably less, roughly 13% less..
I tell him in his dreams, this is America, buy it, if you dont like it, go to the next ad. Here is his reply;

In my dreams?
I have bought over 50% of the non Colt,non BM preban lowers off this board lately.
I pay with CASH after an FBI search of the seller(I can get them free)
So DREAM on buddy
I do wish you luck because the higher you sell,the more mine are worth.
cpermd
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2001 3:33 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: SGW lower

In your dreams....
----- Original Message -----
To:
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2001 1:24 PM
Subject: SGW lower

> $625 shipped
> TIA
> cpermd
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 6:36:36 PM EDT
[#1]
(cpermd) reply; I pay with CASH after an FBI search of the seller (I can get them free)

GEE FOLKS, DO WE NEED OUR OWN MEMBERS DOING BACKGROUND CHECKS ON US "WITHOUT OUR KNOWLEDGE"? Please somebody jump in here, we are following all state, federal, & BATF guidelines here and we are being subjected to this by cpermd without our knowledge ?
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 6:37:34 PM EDT
[#2]
WITHOUT OUR KNOWLEDGE AND WITHOUT OUR APPROVAL ?

SOUNDS LIKE WE NEED TO GET LAWYER'ED UP HERE

AND HAVE A POW-WOW WITH FELLOW MENBER (CPERMD)

SELLER'S BEWARE.... FBI CHECK GUARANTEED WITH THIS MEMBER.....
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 6:42:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 6:50:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a couple of pre-bans posted now and had previously posted I wouldn't part out my guns.  He posts that I should send him my lowest price for my lowers, etc., to go with 12 (?) he already has.  Don't know what this guy is up to-if anything.

There is someone on this board who will believe it's alright for someone to stomp your nuts.  I have pulled my FBI report exactly one time in the last thirty-six years and I kind of reserve that right.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 6:51:08 PM EDT
[#5]
It's unlawful for the FBI to release that kind of information for unofficial use. Need to know only. The Brady checks apply only to the buyer, not the seller. Someone is violating the federal law and FBI regulations.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 6:58:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Wait, I've always wanted to do this.....

[>(] Geez, will you guys stop crying.

Editted to add, he is NOT getting FBI background checks done. That requires fingerprints. At best he can run a NICS check, probably through a FFL buddy. To do this he needs detailed info, full name, DOB, etc. After that all he gets is either a approval or non approval. He doesn not find out your criminal history or internet habits.

I actually find your attempts to whip up a frenzy more unbecoming than his trying to get a deal or arranging local checks. Just choose not to do business with him.

Link Posted: 11/30/2001 7:16:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Wait, I've always wanted to do this.....

[>(] Geez, will you guys stop crying.

Editted to add, he is NOT getting FBI background checks done. That requires fingerprints. At best he can run a NICS check, probably through a FFL buddy. To do this he needs detailed info, full name, DOB, etc. After that all he gets is either a approval or non approval. He doesn not find out your criminal history or internet habits.

I actually find your attempts to whip up a frenzy more unbecoming than his trying to get a deal or arranging local checks. Just choose not to do business with him.

View Quote

I agree, sounds like sour grapes.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 7:29:49 PM EDT
[#8]
You posted something for sale. He made you an offer. If you did not like his offer, all you had to do was say [red]NO [/red]and then this would not have been necessary. No need for insults.

I personally would stay away from your ads from now on.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 7:37:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 7:42:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Does CPERMD have an ffl? If so it’s already a requirement to run a check on the gun (To see if the numbers are clean)

If he really is building 15 rifles for resale I HOPE he has an FFL and intends to collect
FET!!!
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 7:44:27 PM EDT
[#11]
BTW: If you CLEARLY state that you wont accept any offers or trades folks won’t bug you with them.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 7:50:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Does CPERMD have an ffl? If so it’s already a requirement to run a check on the gun (To see if the numbers are clean)
View Quote

What are you talking about?!
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 7:52:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Exactly
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 7:55:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

What are you talking about?!
View Quote

What I’m talking about, is the fact that you’re supposed to phone your local office and run the numbers on the gun to see if they come back stolen. (Before you log the gun)

That's for private party sales to a dealer.

Otherwise you run the risk of having stolen property in inventory. (NOT GOOD)
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 8:14:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Somebody show me that in writing.  Never heard of that.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 8:14:48 PM EDT
[#16]
You guys take this shit to email if you've got a problem with each other.  Someone posts something for sale. someone offers less.  Just say no.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 8:15:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Surplus-LTD,
I agree that your statement of "Dream on" was un called for.  However, I have also noticed that Cpermd does like to act like the [b]Price Police[/b].  Now that has never bothered me in any way but I can definitely see how it could get on some guys nerves.  

Usually, I just ignore people..........kind of like they do me!

sgtar15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top