Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/30/2001 4:33:05 PM EDT
Local paper had HK G3 for 450. Not familiar with the rifle but I'm sure its worth more.
Yes/No?
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 4:50:31 PM EDT
[#1]
1.  If it is REAL HK it is worth about four times that.

2.  If it is one of those parts guns on an American receiver, it *might* be worth that.  I would be suspicious of any used parts gun on the market because the seller probably has it up for sale because it doesn't work.

3.  But, see Paragraph 1.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 4:51:39 PM EDT
[#2]
No.

HK G3's are full auto military battle rifles.  The HK 91 is the semi-auto version of the same.

The HK G3's that are being advertised are old full auto parts kits built on US made receivers (either Speshul Wempons, Century, Hesse, or Fed. Ord.).  The worst of the bunch are the aluminum receiver guns, followed by the others (all of which are basically bottom of the barrel).

A real HK 91 will cost about $2000.  The only "clones" that are worth much are the FMP (imported Portuguese contract receivers) based guns built by professional gunsmiths like Pro-Tech.  They generally run about $1000.  The SAR-8 aluminum receiver guns are a little better quality than the Century guns (basically all the earlier mentioned clones, regardless of the receiver are Century guns), but I would still hesitate to get an aluminum receiver gun with that particular design.  There are some imports that are pre-ban or post-pre ban (i.e. they were imported with thumbholes) that are pretty good--the earlier SAR-3 or SAR-8 Greek made guns (the -8 is a later import with the thumbhole, but both are HK contract guns, and of good quality on a steel receiver), there were a few factory Portuguese guns imported, and the HK SR-9 series, and the 911's, but generally they run almost as much as a pre-ban HK 91.

Link Posted: 11/30/2001 5:27:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow, you really know the rifle huh?
It was a classified add and I didnt call the guy.
Just was wondering. Thanks for the info.
BP
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top