Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/30/2001 11:37:57 AM EDT
I got this in an email yesteday.  Haven't been able to prove or disprove.

Terrorist pilot Mohammad Atta blew up a bus in Israel in1986. The Israelis captured, tried and imprisoned him. As part of the Oslo agreement with the Palestinians in 1993, Israel had to agree to release so-called "political prisoners.  "However, the Israelis would not release any with "blood on their  hands."

The American President at the time, Bill Clinton, and his Secretary  of  State, Warren Christopher, "insisted" that all prisoners be released.  Thus Mr. Atta was freed and eventually "thanked the US" flew an airplane into Tower One of the World Trade Center.

This was reported by many of the American TV networks at the time that the terrorists were first identified. It was censored in the US from  all later reports.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/30/2001 11:42:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Now Norm!

I think you know Klinton wouldn't do anything like that! [:D]

Cocksucker!!!<---Klinton, Not you!
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 11:45:35 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't know if Atta was released under Clinton's insistance.  However, Atta did NOT fly a plane in to the WTC.  He was killed during US bombing raids.

So, based on that glaring inaccuracy (even though I would love to bash Clinton) I have no alternative but to call the entire report into question.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 11:59:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Mohammed Atta flew one of the planes into the World Trade Center.  There was another guy with a similar last name, I can't think of it right now, but he was killed in the bombing raids.  He was Bin Ladens right hand man.
I believe his name was Mohammed Atef.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 12:01:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I don't know if Atta was released under Clinton's insistance.  However, Atta did NOT fly a plane in to the WTC.  He was killed during US bombing raids.

So, based on that glaring inaccuracy (even though I would love to bash Clinton) I have no alternative but to call the entire report into question.
View Quote

Glaring inaccuracy?

You're confusing this man:
[img]http://www.fbi.gov/mostwant/terrorists/atef.jpg[/img]
Muhammad Atef, second in command of Al-Qaeda who was supposedly killed during bombing raids in Afghanistan.

With this man:
[img]http://i.abcnews.com/@v=0526112@/media/US/images/abc_mohammed_atta_010913_nh.jpg[/img]
Mohammed Atta, pilot of the place that struck the WTC Tower One on 9.11.2001.

[:D]

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 12:03:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Mohammed Atta flew one of the planes into the World Trade Center.  There was another guy with a similar last name, I can't think of it right now, but he was killed in the bombing raids.  He was Bin Ladens right hand man.
View Quote

I think his name was Mohammed... [:D]

Actually, it was Mohammed Atef: [url]http://www.fbi.gov/mostwant/terrorists/teratef.htm[/url]

Edited to add: GodBlessTexas beat me to it.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 12:04:46 PM EDT
[#6]
They all have the same damn name!
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 12:17:14 PM EDT
[#7]
It's another bogus internet rumor.

Atta, one of the WTC attackers, lived in Germany for nine years before coming to the United States.  He had no criminal history.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 12:18:57 PM EDT
[#8]
I stand corrected.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 12:33:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Mohammad is the most common name in Muslim countries.  Its more popular than David in Jewish circles or Joe in Christian.

There was a Mohammad Atta who was imprisoned in Israel but he's a different one.  There is also a Mohammad Atta fighting in the Northern Alliance.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 2:33:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Heck, I thought his name was Mohammad "Otter."
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 3:05:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Easy to confuse the two of them......guess it`s not any more though............[grenade]
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 6:45:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks, troops.  I knew somebody here would have the answer.  It just sounded too "clintony" to be true.

Same name, different clown.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top