Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/30/2001 6:20:52 AM EDT
I posted these on AK.net, and everyone over there found them either interesting or humorous.

My girlfriend took these last night. I don't know why I'm posting them, but i thought you all might find them interesting. Anyways, I'm expecting to be made fun of for these, and i know they are kind of odd to be wearing around the house. I got my Buttpack in a couple days ago and wanted to see if everything would fit together comfortably and effectivelly. I am very pleased with my kit and can put everything on fairly fast.

Without further ado:

[img]http://www.student.smsu.edu/s/srv656s/bp3.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.student.smsu.edu/s/srv656s/bp1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.student.smsu.edu/s/srv656s/bp2.jpg[/img]

Anyone else going to share?

In my perspective it is important to have this stuff. I am not the kind of guy that would wear all this to a gunshow, and have no illusions about my combat experience (i.e. lack therof), but I believe that guns are not just fun toys that you shoot at the range. I believe that guns are a useful instrument of revolution and are a great defensive tool against those who would wish me harm. In this view, although I do not think that my cute little outfit will enable me to fight like Rambo, it may give me a slight advantage in a combat situation over a pair of jeans and a polo shirt.

I originally bought the chest rig to carry mags around with easily and comfortably, then the cammo, and then next thing i knew I had bought all the stuff you see above.

Here's a question.... with winter coming, what is a good warm all weather coat that would offer protection from the elements as well as utility in the field.

Shawn
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 6:24:52 AM EDT
[#1]
is that a little tin-foil sticking out from under your lid???

seriously, i like the chest rig, who made it?
for winter i'd suggest the camo ECWCS goretex jacket, you can get the first generation style for less than $100.00 these days.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 6:26:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Doesn't look goofy to me.  Most guys with no military experience have so much shit strapped to their bodies they look like they got in an accident with a U.S. Cavalry truck.

Nice FAL..is that a DS?

QS
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 6:28:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Post the suit pics.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 6:33:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Post the suit pics.
View Quote

suit pics?? Do you mean me in a polo shirt before I bought the rest of my stuff? here ya go then....

[img]http://www.student.smsu.edu/s/srv656s/pouch1.jpg[/img]

SHawn
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 6:34:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
seriously, i like the chest rig, who made it?
View Quote

Yeah, inquiring minds want to know.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 6:35:15 AM EDT
[#6]
oh wait... the suit pics! er... ehehehehe...

[img]http://www.student.smsu.edu/s/srv656s/suit2.jpg[/img]

BTW, i got the chest rig, boonie hat, and buttpack from [url]http://www.lightfighter.com[/url]

Here's a link to the chest rig [url]http://www.lightfighter.com/item.html?PRID=443766[/url]

The FAL is an IAI M444 from Dan's sporting goods. The price has gone down recently, and I am VERY pleased with mine. [url]http://www.falparts.com[/url]

Shawn
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 6:42:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
oh wait... the suit pics! er... ehehehehe...
[img]http://www.student.smsu.edu/s/srv656s/suit2.jpg[/img]
View Quote

This is the image that would intimidate me the most.  The angry "just fired" employee look.  You could be even more intimidating if you could get ahold of a postal uniform.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 6:43:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Just wait for ne new Marine Corps cammies to come out. Then you will have t obuy all new gear!!

The new 'digital' cammies actually do a really good job of concealing you. Now, I wonder how long it will be before all the other gear is "digitized'??

[smoke]
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 6:45:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Yep, that's it.
Cool pics.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 6:46:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Or the bank robbery scene in Heat.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 6:53:35 AM EDT
[#11]
I think you've got a good start.  My setup is similar except I've got the Bianchi military (M??) flap holster w/ the hip extender setup, a pouch for 4 additional sidearm mags, 2 canteens
compass pouch & compass.  I've got goretex leggings to help keep the boots dry, and a kevlar helmet from a buddy of mine who served in the Gulf war.

When we have have our annual combat fun shoot we set up a division for people who want to compete in full gear.  I wear mine, and get some funny looks from people and the usual "Who do you think you are, Rambo?" comments.  I don't let it bother me.  I know who and what I am and I've got my gear ready all the time.  I makes it so much easier to get ready for a trip to the range.  Grab a few ammo cans, vest, backpack and firearms and I've got everything I'll need for 3 days including food, shelter, bedding, medical supplies etc.  It's not crazy - it's being prepared.  I sure as hell don't think it makes me able to take on the Delta force, but a run-of-the-mill bad guy?  Hmmmm, I think I'll do better than most civilians.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 6:56:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Why would anybody of this site make fun of you? It would be like going to an AA meeting and admitting that you have had a few drinks in your life. Be proud. Those are cool picks. Just don't show them to your family, friends, co-workers, neighbors, or fellow church members .... they might not understand. Got to go now. My wife just left for work and I feel the urge to go put on my combat gear.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 6:57:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Goofy is as goofy does!
Nothing wrong with familiarizing yourself with a product you own.

Now posting pics on the internet weeellll.....

Nice vest![bounce]

Nm
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 6:58:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I sure as hell don't think it makes me able to take on the Delta force, but a run-of-the-mill bad guy?  Hmmmm, I think I'll do better than most civilians.
View Quote

EXACTLY!! That's my opinion. I know my shooting can still be improved (trigger pull is my biggest weakness), and i know i have a lot of survival skills to be desired, but I am sure I'll fare better than most (even better than most other gun owners) if I have to see combat and need some cammo.

Shawn
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 7:01:41 AM EDT
[#15]
  I know this guy,he will give you LBE, ammo and heck even a machinegun, grenades and a few LAW rockets.  All you got to do is stop by and see one of his buddies, sign up for a little trip and like magic it shows up.
  It's  better than FREE by the way, they pay you.  But you have to be able to travel and they do make you go to the gym.  Uncle Sam,, thats the guy.    
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 7:08:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
  I know this guy,he will give you LBE, ammo and heck even a machinegun, grenades and a few LAW rockets.  All you got to do is stop by and see one of his buddies, sign up for a little trip and like magic it shows up.
  It's  better than FREE by the way, they pay you.  But you have to be able to travel and they do make you go to the gym.  Uncle Sam,, thats the guy.    
View Quote

You forgot to add "Why play soldier when you can be the real thing?"

That's the same line I always got from an Army veteran I used to work with.  I never enlisted when I was younger, and now I'm too old.  Uncle Sam ain't going to set me up with gear.  I have to do it myself.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 7:12:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Generally, you can buy cooler shit than they'll ever issue you, if you want to spend the $.

QS
11BC2
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 7:15:55 AM EDT
[#18]
GREAT FAL!!!  Fal's are my all time favorite rifle!!!
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 7:16:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Generally, you can buy cooler shit than they'll ever issue you, if you want to spend the $.

QS
11BC2
View Quote

That's true!  Of all the stuff that my Gulf war vet buddy brought back, the Kevlar helmet was the [b]ONLY[/b] thing I wanted.  (I did take his LBE and cut it down so it would fit my 8yo daughter - she wanted a set to match dad's!)
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 7:58:11 AM EDT
[#20]
timh70,
What is "digital" camo?  Maybe I'm just ignorant, I don't know.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 8:00:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Hey Shawn, I haven't been over to "the other AK site" since we got one over here;  have you done any more work on your story?
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 1:27:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 1:40:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 1:43:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 1:48:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Nice gear!  Pic above is funny.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 2:15:25 PM EDT
[#26]
man i need to get a pic of me and my gear so i can be honored with a photoshopping [:D] lol
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 7:01:21 PM EDT
[#27]
SinistralRifleman, may I say that your photoshop creation is fricking hilarious! I laughed my ass off, and could only point at the picture when my girlfriend asked me what the hell was so damn funny! Great job, it is now my background!

Regards-
Shawn
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 7:13:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 7:19:32 PM EDT
[#29]
There is pure brilliance on this site tonight!!
My compliments!!
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 1:20:36 PM EDT
[#30]
What, no "Matrix" style action shots? [8D]
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 2:06:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Hey Shawn, Great gear, nice FAL.
 SinistralRifleman great photoshop. I got to get me a digital camera.
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 2:55:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 3:01:02 PM EDT
[#33]
heheh! shawn, i saved that pic (s.r.'s) as wallpaper also!

stop by the ak side a say hello when you find time.
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 4:17:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Here is the true suspect in the movie HEAT,

[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/006/wL/ep/OR/AC47596.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 6:02:54 PM EDT
[#35]
You need to take all that gear and go outside and roll it around in dirt and mud and stomp on it for a while.  You look like a greenhorn.  BTW I would take that pic out of the collage with the title "School"  I can hear them knocking now.
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 6:15:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Nice stuff Shawn.
reality will smack you when you will be wearing only shorts and flip flops and SHTF.[;)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top