Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2001 7:32:24 PM EDT
Read it and weep.  The last line is the killer.
(Note: "Vancouver" is Vancouver, WA, just across the border from Portland, OR.)

[url]http://seattlep-i.nwsource.com/local/48468_lights28ww.shtml[/url]

[b]Man jailed for firing gun in frustration with Christmas lights[/b]

Wednesday, November 28, 2001

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

VANCOUVER -- James Craig Wilson planned to spend the afternoon decorating for the holidays.

Instead, upset by mishaps with his outdoor Christmas lights, he grabbed his .45-caliber pistol and began firing into the ground behind his suburban home.

He ended up in the Clark County Jail on Sunday for investigation of reckless endangerment.

Wilson, 47, told sheriff's deputies he started getting hot when he found the lights were tangled. His wife had balled them up and tossed them in the garage after last Christmas, he said.

As he tried to unroll the string of lights in his driveway, his oldest daughter returned home and drove over the lights.

After shouting at her, he went into the house and began to pace.

"I just wanted some place to be alone," he said. "I needed some quiet."

Not the usual sort of quiet, though.

As his wife and daughter continued to hang Christmas decorations in the living room, Wilson told them not to be alarmed while he shot off some rounds in the back yard to let off steam.

He sent his daughter across the street to tell a reserve deputy who lives there that no one had been hurt. Then he returned to hanging the lights in his front yard.

Until five deputies arrived and arrested him.

Wilson said he attended anger management classes about six months ago.

"I thought discharging my gun would help me discharge my anger," Wilson said. "I guess I'm going to lose my concealed weapons permit."
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 7:37:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I assume he was inside city limits.
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 7:38:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Great, just great.  This idiot makes us all look bad.  I just hope I'm able to get my concealed carry permit before some idiot in this state does something like that, and the state police stop issuing permits.  It's already hard enough to get one.z

Link Posted: 11/28/2001 8:49:52 PM EDT
[#3]

"I thought discharging my gun would help me discharge my anger," Wilson said. "I guess I'm going to lose my concealed weapons permit."

[size=5]DUH!!![/SIZE=5]

At least he didn't kill anyone!  Dumbass.
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 9:08:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I did shoot my lawn mower that wouldnt start.... but i live out in the woods. I guess the big difference is i did it for fun. I had already got a new mower and the old one with a broken ignition system was on its way to the dump. If I had lived inside the city limits would I have gone to jail? Have any of you ever shot anything you were pissed at????
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 9:14:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 9:17:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Syndicated radio personality Paul Harvey featured this on the radio this morning. I laughed my ass off.
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 10:14:10 PM EDT
[#7]
[red][b]What a moron[/b][/red]
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 10:54:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I hope this idiot is not my neighbor.
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 10:57:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Nov. 1999 A buddy and I took an old desktop computer out to a gravel pit. Pumped it full of 12 ga. slugs and 3" Magnum "00" buckshot and made it "Y2K Compliant". [:D]
View Quote

Y2K compliant....That's funny as hell!!!

Gives a whole new meaning to the computer term "Blue screen of Death"[:D]

sgtar15
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 11:11:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top