Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2001 7:11:53 AM EDT
I went to the Gun Store in Vagas on monday and shot some of the full autos they have. First was the Uzi then the thompson submachine gun. The Uzi was all over the place but the Thompson heald steady , one large hold in the paper. They have about 10 full autos you can shoot, so if your going to las Vegas you have got to go try it.

red man
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 8:27:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Do you know if there are any facilities like that in Reno or the northern Nevada area?
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 10:14:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Been there, and I couldn't believe the condition of those toys. The MP5 looked like it was drug behind a truck.  
Link Posted: 4/6/2001 5:42:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I am flying there on Saturday, do you have an address or phone #?
I would like to fire one at least once.
[uzi]
Link Posted: 4/6/2001 5:51:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I have no problems dumping an Uzi`s mag in a decent size hole. Working the trigger is mighty fun. Did you unfold the stock and fire from the shoulder? Could you get off singles, doubles, triples on FA?
Link Posted: 4/6/2001 7:32:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Everytime I'm back in Vegas on leave, I like to check out all the gunshops.  Went into American Shooter's Supply, and noticed that they had full autos for rent, $25 fee that included 1 box of ammo.  Went back home, picked up my Dad (who's from the Brown Shoe army), and picked out the MP5.

For me it was great as the guy just handed me the weapon to shoot, no questions asked.  I did mention to my Dad how surprised I was that the guy didn't at least make sure that we were familiar with the operation of it.  Dad loved it, and we ended up buying ALOT more ammo for it [uzi] !

In contrast - Jim's Gun Jobbery in Fayetteville, North Carolina.  My buddy and I were treated like S$#T; the guy carried the weapon to the booth and stood right next to you the entire time.  It was wasting his time, so he would not allow us to partially load the magazine, only full mags each time.  Needless to say, we shot a box a piece and left, and never went back again.

Last time I was there in Fayetteville, the full autos were gone.  Hopefully they lost their a#s on that aspect of their range operation and had to get rid of them because of their piss-poor business attitude.

Chris
Link Posted: 4/6/2001 7:39:58 PM EDT
[#6]
fyi:

You can shoot a full auto at FrontSight in Nevada for FREE all day.  No catches.  No strings.  They will even feed & water you for the entire day.

You can learn how to use a full auto from top notch professionals.

Speaking from experience since I attended:  my wife & I both enjoyed the day out there...& it really is free.

For more details see:

http://www.frontsight.com/1day_smg_course.htm
Link Posted: 4/6/2001 7:42:52 PM EDT
[#7]
btw, the ammo for the entire day is provided free of charge also!

If you can make it there, go.

40 mins from Las Vegas.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top