Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/28/2001 11:37:57 AM EDT
It just keeps getting worse.  Anti-gun/anti-male, raising little boys to be little girls.  I hate sending my children to any "State" funded organization.  It's a good thing that I am raising my kids and not the "state".
-------------------------------------------

A daycare center in North Carolina seeking state certification for its preschool program found itself penalized because an [b]inspector discovered green plastic army men[/b] on the premises, reports the Wilmington Morning Star.

Laura Johnson said the presence of the nine little army guys at her Kids Gym Schoolhouse led to the loss of five points under the state-sanctioned Early Childhood Environmental Rating System.

Evaluator Katie Haselden said schools may not have such displays of stereotyping or violence on the premises. The army men [b]"reflect stereotyping and violence,[/b] therefore credit cannot be given," she wrote in her report.

And Anna Carter, supervisor of the N.C. Division of Child Development's Policy and Program Unit, backed up the report's findings. The soldiers "don't enrich the environment and can be potentially dangerous if children use them to act out violent themes," she said.

Link Posted: 11/28/2001 11:47:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Good god, man!!!!!!!

We CANNOT have children growing up wishing to serve their country in the armed forces!!!!!

Therefore, we will remove all toy soldiers, and therefore the military will cease to exist.

Link Posted: 11/28/2001 11:51:59 AM EDT
[#2]
How about Ken and Barbie dolls?  They promotes lewd behaviors such as having consented pre-marital casual sex.  Baby dolls are also not helping in teenage pregnanacy problems...
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 11:55:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Better yet, do what the pc thing to do is. Come out with Barbie's new "friend" Susan.

"They were just born that way"
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 12:01:26 PM EDT
[#4]
WTf, man?  The blocks are a stereotype of society placing everybody into little cubes and not escaping from the surrounding predetermined patterns induced through hundreds of years of repression.

And don't get me started on the dolls.
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 12:05:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Wish I could say this shit fucking pisses me off but "GoatBoy" won't let me.
(By the way, the spell checker says I've got every word correct but GoatBoy !)
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 2:11:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 2:20:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I saw on the news last night that GI Joes are one of the most requested toys for Christmas this year. These people are gonna go nuts when they start seeing kids bringing them into school.
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 2:23:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I saw on the news last night that GI Joes are one of the most requested toys for Christmas this year. These people are gonna go nuts when they start seeing kids bringing them into school.
View Quote

Oh man - I would pay large cash to see these Liberals pop a cork as a GI Joe with an AR15 wanders into kindegarten.

Man, THAT's entertainment.
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 2:26:20 PM EDT
[#9]
boys (and girls) do we even have to start on this one?!?!?

man is that idiout ever wrong. i played with lors of army and gun toys when i was younger, i never shot up a school or killed anybody.

i could on and on about this, so i will. i'm starting thread called "HAPPY CHILDHOOD GUN MEMORIES" we can talk about how guns never turned us bad and how all the media and this katie haselden and anna carter.

man o man...

OffRoad
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 2:29:26 PM EDT
[#10]
As my ex-boss, the Greek, male, chauvinist pig would say: "See? You brought this on yourself by putting women in positions of power. Now you work overtime trying to spread this disease across the world."

His words, not mine.
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 3:14:27 PM EDT
[#11]
I think that Hannity & Colmes are to discuss this topic tonight?

Iso
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 10:05:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Yeah, the war toy criticism is going full blast now.  But the poor, stupid consumer keeps buying that crap anyway.

You know, it just gets to me how a few idiots out there think they are so much smarter than the rest of us out here in "fly-over" country, and that we need to be told what to think.

And I think about the preschooler, went to a Halloween party at his little school dressed as one of his heros, a fireman, complete with a little plastic fireaxe.  It was snatched away, and he was kicked out of preschool for having a weapon.  Gee, and he was probably stupid enough to think it was an imitation of a TOOL that firemen use to rescue people from a horrible death by burning up in an fire.
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 10:12:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted: As my ex-boss, the Greek, male, chauvinist pig would say: "See? You brought this on yourself by putting women in positions of power. Now you work overtime trying to spread this disease across the world."

His words, not mine.
View Quote

Heck, my wife and I have a friend - woman, about 65 - that says the same thing... she want womens suffrage to be revoked!
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 3:40:14 AM EDT
[#14]
I was definately born 100 years too late![:(!]

I'll make sure my kid has a pocket full of green en-route to daycare tomorrow.

jesus #%&%@#!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top