Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/28/2001 8:02:35 AM EDT
Read below:

What are your thoughts on this?  Isn't this a little too stupid now?  When I was a kid, things were much simpler, Lawyers were for house closings and the rare divorce, people respected each other, and people grew up into responsible adults.

I fear that the teachers in today's society are unfortunately becoming the babysitters for the parents' undisciplined, disrespectful kids.  Parents will sue next that the colors they paint the walls are hindering little Jimmy and Sally's acedemic abilities.

Yet another reason for a kid to come to school and bring a gun?  Not.

[vomit]
===================================
High Court Hears Classroom Challenge

Teachers say it every day: Trade papers. In classrooms across the country, students and teachers go over schoolwork together, with each student correcting the work of a classmate.

Social conservatives and parental rights advocates are watching closely as the Supreme Court decides whether paper-swapping violates students' privacy rights.

The court was hearing arguments in the case Tuesday.

Kristja Falvo, a mother of three students in a school district outside Tulsa, Okla., claims it is needlessly embarrassing for students to grade one another's papers and announce the results in front of classmates.

Classmates called her son Philip "dummy'' and "stupid'' because the reading-disabled child's scores were lower than his sixth-grade classmates in Owasso, Okla. She said she complained, but got nowhere.

She sued in 1998, claiming the practice violated students' civil rights. She won a lower court ruling that focused instead on whether paper-swapping violates a 1974 law that conditioned federal aid for schools to a guarantee that ``education records'' will be kept private.
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 8:08:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Classmates called her son Philip "dummy'' and "stupid'' because the reading-disabled child's scores were lower than his sixth-grade classmates in Owasso, Okla. She said she complained, but got nowhere.

View Quote

Gee, what a shocker - kids making rude comments to each other. When did that start happening??? [/sarcasm]

Lock up yer guns momma, so yer boy doesn't commit a mass homicide at his school[puke]

Link Posted: 11/28/2001 4:49:15 PM EDT
[#2]
[i]This[/i] they'll hear, but can't be bothered with NJ's clearly unconstitutional ass gun law.

Garf!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top