Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2001 5:28:55 AM EDT
This was in the Richmond Times-Dispatch.  Sorry if it's already been posted.

[url]http://timesdispatch.com/vametro/MGBB1A31JUC.html[/url]
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 7:12:59 AM EDT
[#1]
How's this?

Ray,

You're an idiot.  

Hazelett's numbskull idea will not increase security in public buildings. It will decrease security.  The idea that a good person with a gun becomes a bad person is truly brainless.  

As these people with CCW have been able to carry in these places all along, when has your example of "Only one copy of the latest "Harry Potter" book at the local library?   Make sure you're the one who gets it."  ever happened?  Or,  "No tee times available in the Belmont Golf Course pro shop?  They don't call it a starter's gun for nothing, you know." ?  Why would this suddenly start happening because Hazelett's obviously illegal, un-American and generally wussy regulation was correctly cancelled?

You're an idiot.

Norm Glitz
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 7:35:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Henrico Police in favor of gun rights?! Try and get a CLEO signature for a NFA firearm....
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 8:54:27 AM EDT
[#3]
My letter:

I am writing regarding your recent article in the Richmond Times-Dispatch titled "No guns in public buildings?  You want to do this in Virginia?".
I have a few questions about your logic that I hope you will take the time to answer:

1. One of your comments is the following:  "And there is that Second Amendment thing, remember."  What exactly are you saying here?  To me it sounds like you are scoffing at the modern day validity of the Second Amendment.  Do you feel the same way about the First Amendment?  Being that you are a journalist, I doubt it.

Before you answer this question, I suggest you do some research into different interpretations of the Second, and think long and hard about the
point of the Bill of Rights.  If you look objectively I think you will the find that the framers of the U.S. Constitution feared what could happen to this country well into the future unless the scope of the Federal Government was limited.

2.  In your article you report on the County's plan to enforce their ban:  "They had a plan. People with valid concealed weapons permits would be charged with trespassing if they insisted on taking their guns inside, rather than with a weapons violations."
Although you don't add your comments to this, I think I know where you stand.  Do you agree with criminalizing people who are doing nothing
illegal?

3.  Here, you quote county attorney Rapisarda:  "The county manager is charged by law with safeguarding county property. It's his duty to make it safe..."  Exactly how does this make the building more safe?  Do you think that a county ordinance is going to stop a murderer because he/she cannot legally  bring a firearm into county buildings?  Just a reminder...criminals are criminals because they don't obey the law.

Although you say you are kidding, I found your comments regarding the behavior of gun owners not only idiotic, but insulting as well.  I
understand that many people who are anti-gun have their hearts in the right place, but let us try and use our heads instead and not propagate information completely devoid of any sound logic.

Thank you,
Chimborazo
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 4:46:03 PM EDT
[#4]
"heart in the right place"?   Bullshit.  He's an ashole & an idiot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top