Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2001 4:32:20 AM EDT
So, on the radio news this morning....they had an artcile claiming Woddy Harrelson has come out against the bombing of Afghanistan.  He says we shouldn't bomb them "becasue they make really good hash".

No_Expert
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 4:40:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like we're killing two birds with one stone to me.

Drugs are bad, mmmkay.
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 5:13:07 AM EDT
[#2]
I really don't understand why people listen to anything that celebrities say.  I mean, these are people who get paid to pretend to be other people.  Yet, somehow, they captivate our society...and the folks out there actually care what these morons think!  Amazing!

How about this...hey Woody, get a real job!  You know, one where you actually have to WORK.  Then, perhaps (just maybe) I'll consider your comments to have at least a cursory bearing on the "real world".  Get it?

Look, my comments are not based on jealosy of the money that actors make (although it does seem silly for someone to make millions pretending to be someone who doesn't make shit).  Anyway, I just don't understand why money and celebrity qualify ANYONE to be an "expert" on anything.
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 5:18:05 AM EDT
[#3]
And another thing...is it Woody's contention that it's okay to kill thousands upon thousands of INNOCENT American civilians...as long as you produce good drugs in return?  Pure idiocy.

The idea that a person in the public eye can make such insensitive comments and still have a carreer is beyond me.  Hey Woody, it's obvious to EVERYONE that you've been smoking TOO MUCH hash!

It that guy dropped off the face of the earth, I wouldn't miss him.
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 5:18:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Woody is okay. He is only a threat to a package of Oreo cookies and a bag of chalupas.
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 5:27:10 AM EDT
[#5]
I was told, several years ago, that Harrelson's father was paid to kill a judge, did the deed, and was then convicted of murder. Anyone know if this is fact or fiction?
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 5:52:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Woody is okay. He is only a threat to a package of Oreo cookies and a bag of chalupas.
View Quote

I remember him on the tonight show with his "hemp" hat and other products, trying to get it legalized for "non-drug use"

yeah, right.

No_Expert
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 5:53:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I really don't understand why people listen to anything that celebrities say.  I mean, these are people who get paid to pretend to be other people.  Yet, somehow, they captivate our society...and the folks out there actually care what these morons think!  Amazing!
View Quote

Good point. Some folks really believe that these actors are real knowledgeable in the real world.  Witness the doctors on ER.

The way I get my kids out of the this fake syndrome world is ask them what actors real name is in the real world, of course they say..... Then in a different movie/show you see the same actor, you ask them what is his/her real name, and they answer...
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 6:09:10 AM EDT
[#8]
And to think, that guy has a vaca house in Costa rica, on the beach, with horses....ahhh the life.
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 6:16:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Woody Harrelson is a very strong and longtime  advocate for NORMAL, and Costa Rica has no extradiction laws!

I have friends that live there and was actually supposed to move there myself back in December of 1990.  I had a job all lined up and everything.  The locals often climb the mountains and pick cocoa leaves, then chew them for the buzz...
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 6:19:34 AM EDT
[#10]
The idea that a person in the public eye can make such insensitive comments and still have a carreer is beyond me.
View Quote

It's debatable whether or not he still has a career.  I think his career has been reduced to dope-smoking moron who tries to remain in the spotlight by getting hauled off to jail at these stoner protests.
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 6:22:00 AM EDT
[#11]
He's an idiot, always has been, always will be.

Link Posted: 11/28/2001 6:24:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
He's an idiot, always has been, always will be.

View Quote

Took the words right out of my mouth. Too bad he's from the same town my wife is....
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 6:26:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Perhaps. But ignorant, outspoken liberal celebrities are dangerous in that they, sadly, influence a large number of people. And in that, they spread harm. They are the political equivalent of drunk drivers.
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 6:33:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I was told, several years ago, that Harrelson's father was paid to kill a judge, did the deed, and was then convicted of murder. Anyone know if this is fact or fiction?
View Quote

Its true.  Harrelsoon Sr. killed Federal Judge John "Maximum" Wood in San Antonio.  This was done for drug kingpin Jimmy Chagra.  Gun was purchased by Chagra's wife and was a .243 Weatherby Magnum.  All are serving time.

Ironic Woody is a stoner, isn't it?

Link Posted: 11/28/2001 6:36:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Woody is one of the biggest NumbNuts that there is!
He should be strapped to one of the "Daisy Cutters" and giving a doobie to smoke on the way down!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 6:49:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Woody's dad was arrested in the rail yard behind the "Grassy Knoll,"  along with several other well-dressed "bums," and later released.  
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 8:38:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Its true.  Harrelsoon Sr. killed Federal Judge John "Maximum" Wood in San Antonio.  This was done for drug kingpin Jimmy Chagra.  Gun was purchased by Chagra's wife and was a .243 Weatherby Magnum.  All are serving time.

View Quote
[bounce] "Maximum Wood" Hey,thats the same handle I'm stuck with! [:D]
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 8:42:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted: "Maximum Wood" Hey,thats the same handle I'm stuck with! [:D]
View Quote

Okay, but why discuss your eating habits here?
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 8:49:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Gun was purchased by Chagra's wife and was a .243 Weatherby Magnum.  
View Quote

Ummmm, maybe a .240 Weatherby Magnum?
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 12:49:30 PM EDT
[#20]
He was in my area not too long ago for some tree-hugger event.  One of the female types with him passed out in the hotel lobby.  When the ambulance showed up, they refused treatment,  I wonder why???
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 12:55:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted: I really don't understand why people listen to anything that celebrities say.  I mean, these are people who get paid to pretend to be other people.  Yet, somehow, they captivate our society...and the folks out there actually care what these morons think!  Amazing!

View Quote

He was [b]pretending[/b] when he was in Cheers?
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 2:15:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
So, on the radio news this morning....they had an artcile claiming Woddy Harrelson has come out against the bombing of Afghanistan.  He says we shouldn't bomb them "becasue they make really good hash".

No_Expert
View Quote

What a moron!  They don't make hash!  They make OPIATES!  There's a HUGE difference, but I bet he's so high he didn't even notice.

When and why did we start idolizing actors and musicians?  There was once a time where these flakes were held in the same regard as child molestors and horse thieves.  Oh wait, some of them are child molestors (Micheal Jackson), but man can he dance!  And speaking of Michelle Jackson, when was the last time you saw two guys butch up at each other and have a dance off?  I swear...

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 2:17:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote
[bounce] "Maximum Wood" Hey,thats the same handle I'm stuck with! [:D]
View Quote

Actually his nickname was "Maximum John".
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 2:38:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Woody Harrelson is a very strong and longtime  advocate for NORMAL, and Costa Rica has no extradiction laws!

I have friends that live there and was actually supposed to move there myself back in December of 1990.  I had a job all lined up and everything.  The locals often climb the mountains and pick cocoa leaves, then chew them for the buzz...
View Quote

whats NORMAL?

just curious lib
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 3:01:44 PM EDT
[#25]
NORML

National
Organization
Reform
Marijuana
Laws
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 3:09:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
NORML

National
Organization
Reform
Marijuana
Laws
View Quote

[:\]that does'nt sound so bad
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 3:20:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Woody is a very liberal guy, and I think you are taking is words out of context.  You have to remember this is guy who said, "I thought about quitting smoking, but then I remembered, hey I am not a quitter".  He is very sarcastic and very anti-war.  I myself support NORML and medical "Mari-Juana" and have heard Woody speeches, however I also support the war effort.  Maybe I am under the influence of "liberalism" and you shouldn't listen to a word I type, but I think alcohol has done more bad than marijuana ever will.  Of course I could be more than under the influence of liberalism when I say this ;)  Anyway I hope to see marijuana legalized one day with restrictions similar to alcohol ( except a 22 age limit instead of 21 ).  I would really like to see what many of you feel about this especially the various LEO's out there.

Take it easy
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 3:39:13 PM EDT
[#28]
libert - as I recall "NORMAL" is the folks who favor decriminalizing pot.
I can't remember what the acronym stands for.
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 6:31:00 PM EDT
[#29]
 Leave Woody alone you wussies. As if none of you ever smoked that $hit. Who are you trying to kid. The guy is right, they do make some of the best $hit around. :)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top