Posted: 7/23/2008 7:15:19 AM EDT
Like:

They Call Me Bruce

Screwballs

Up the Creek

Losin' It

Super Fuzz

The Wild Life

But one that is driving me crazy trying to remember is about a group of kids sent to a military type school (or military type summer camp) who sneak out after dark to go to an all girl's military school or camp down the road.  Then end up getting caught by the commandant, or the likes, and then playing a prank on him too.  It's sort of in the genre of Porky's, Meatballs and Animal House.

Remember any other ones.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 7:16:48 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Like:

They Call Me Bruce

Screwballs

Up the Creek

Losin' It

Super Fuzz

The Wild Life

But one that is driving me crazy trying to remember is about a group of kids sent to a military type school (or military type summer camp) who sneak out after dark to go to an all girl's military school or camp down the road.  Then end up getting caught by the commandant, or the likes, and then playing a prank on him too.  It's sort of in the genre of Porky's, Meatballs and Animal House.

Remember any other ones.

Up the Academy
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 7:19:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 7:19:49 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Like:

They Call Me Bruce

Screwballs

Up the Creek

Losin' It

Super Fuzz

The Wild Life

Remember any other ones.

Up the Academy

Amazing, just amazing the level of knowledge here.  

Thank you.

Link Posted: 7/23/2008 7:20:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Strange Brew FTW.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 7:23:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I remember Screwballs. It had several sequels, didn't it?
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 7:25:45 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Like:

They Call Me Bruce

I saw that one in the theater.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 7:26:40 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I remember Screwballs. It had several sequels, didn't it?

I don't know if it had any sequels.  I watched it again a few years ago from an old VHS of it I found and it was just as funny then as it was years ago.  Very bawdy.  Lots of T&A.

Hardbodies and Strange Brew I also hold in high regard.

also,

Zapped!

Link Posted: 7/23/2008 7:32:34 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Strange Brew FTW.

ahh, Strange Brew, what a fine drinking movie
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 7:33:10 AM EDT
[#9]
MegaForce
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 7:33:53 AM EDT
[#10]
I had no cable growing up.........hell my parents STILL have an antennae

Afternoons after school were spent running around the woods with my buddies, but when I was watching TV it was re-runs of:
Gilligans Island
Hogans Heros
MASH  
Adam 12
Emergency
Dragnet
etc,etc....

None of those mentioned by you guys rings a bell.

At night it was all network comedys Cheers and MASH are all I remember besides the ABC Monday Night Movie.....usually a Bond flick

Oh..........now that I think of it .....Hee Haw , Carol Burnette, and the Donny and Marie show
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 7:34:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 7:35:40 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I had no cable growing up.........hell my parents STILL have an antennae

Afternoons after school were spent running around the woods with my buddies, but when I was watching TV it was re-runs of:
Gilligans Island
Hogans Heros
MASH  
Adam 12
Emergency
Dragnet
etc,etc....

None of those mentioned by you guys rings a bell.

At night it was all network comedys Cheers and MASH are all I remember besides the ABC Monday Night Movie.....usually a Bond flick

I also watched those shows, before cable came around.

MegaForce.  

Saturday the 14th

Private Eyes

Midnight Madness

Link Posted: 7/23/2008 7:35:54 AM EDT
[#13]
LOL … I saw Super Fuzz in the theater.

Supah supah!!!
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 7:37:12 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Doctor Detroit

I was disappointed they never made the sequel as promised in the credits "Doctor Detroit II -- The Wrath of Mom"

Link Posted: 7/23/2008 7:40:12 AM EDT
[#15]
A few buddies had cable and HBO.................I remember the constant talk of Mad Max, the Warriors , Apocalypse Now , Rambo etc.

The biggest thing it seemed was SNL.....remember this little guy?

Link Posted: 7/23/2008 7:41:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Losin' It. I think was one of Tom Cruise's finer performances.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 7:43:49 AM EDT
[#17]
How about all the rip-offs of Animal House , Porky's,and Fast Times at Ridgemont High...........there had to be a half dozen of them , but I cant remember a one.

They were all flops.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 7:49:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Not Necissarily The News.  NNTN. On HBO and had Richard Beltzer, Stuart Pankin, and Rich Hall.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top